Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

While I'm guessing @GADisneyDad14's speculation is correct, I was only willing to risk this on one of our extra FPP days. We will know for sure on April 18, so if no one else has any intel at that point, I will be sure to report back.
I am really surprised we haven’t heard any feedback yet. Hopefully someone will find out soon! I am very hopefully it won’t actually have an impact if
You doubly
Book.

I am really surprised we haven’t heard any feedback yet. Hopefully someone will find out soon! I am very hopefully it won’t actually have an impact if
You doubly
Book.

I’ll be there April 13th-23rd but I really didn’t want to be the guinea pig!!! Right now I wasn’t planning on doubling up but maybe I’ll take one for the team for the sake of the DIS!!! :)

I'm also eager to read people's reports, not just for the double-booking thing, but for impressions and pictures of viewing areas, and whether people could move their pre-booked fast passes around on the day of using MDE. (I'd be a bit annoyed to have to call DSS to move those if you're in the park, unexpected things happen, and you want to check for a better fp time. I vaguely remember reading that you should be able to adjust these yourself on the day of, but I can't find the reference and may be mistaken.)

I'm also eager to read people's reports, not just for the double-booking thing, but for impressions and pictures of viewing areas, and whether people could move their pre-booked fast passes around on the day of using MDE. (I'd be a bit annoyed to have to call DSS to move those if you're in the park, unexpected things happen, and you want to check for a better fp time. I vaguely remember reading that you should be able to adjust these yourself on the day of, but I can't find the reference and may be mistaken.)

The way I understand it from when I booked it, you can’t change them day-of. The only way to change the three Extra FPs is to call. They even give you a number to call after hours since DSS closes at 5PM (who knows where that call actually goes!).

I think this one fact alone indicates to me this program - in its currrent form - isn’t ready for prime time beyond the small CL audience. It would seem to have to potential to hog resources/require a lot of manual involvement. I ‘assume’ anything more permanent will involve an upgrade in the tech to allow this, but who knows!

I'm curious if any of those booking CL here are doing it because they added this option to buy FP, versus would have booked CL regardless? :confused::confused::confused:

For us, the special offer had nothing to do with us booking CL. We don't stay CL every time - there are always multiple factors that go into our decision. Having said that though, if this makes things extra nice, this may become a factor in us picking CL for future stays.

I really hope this trial continues until our November trip. This program did sway us to book CL but at Dolphin Bc we were able to book with points and add a reasonable up charge fee to get us the perfect suite option for our family. Once we looked at the extras we were considering and the dessert parties, the purchased FP program made sense.

I really hope this trial continues until our November trip. This program did sway us to book CL but at Dolphin Bc we were able to book with points and add a reasonable up charge fee to get us the perfect suite option for our family. Once we looked at the extras we were considering and the dessert parties, the purchased FP program made sense.
How much was the up charge?

I'm curious if any of those booking CL here are doing it because they added this option to buy FP, versus would have booked CL regardless? :confused::confused::confused:
We did. We changed from GF reg room to AKL concierge for next week( it was the only CL available) solely for the ability to book the extra and early FP's and special viewing. It suits our park style and I hate hate hate waiting ( did I say hate)in long lines....but we are ones who always either pay extra or stay at Loews Portofino for EP at Universal.

Plus it allowed us to cancel 2 dessert parties and Nights of Adventure tour at AK so for us it was a much better proposition

How much was the up charge?
The upcharge will depend on a lot of different factors. The experts on the Swan/Dolphin Board will have a lot more info for you (they were such a huge help for me). We specifically combined a Deluxe Alcove King room with a Double Room but at the balcony level. The upcharge to turn that combo into a connecting "suite" was $90/night (plus tax). However, this combo will only be charged 1 daily resort fee, so that is a savings. It was a little tricky because we originally booked different two connecting rooms while back, before the changes to SPG category levels, but they worked with us and honored the "old" rates.

We did. We changed from GF reg room to AKL concierge for next week( it was the only CL available) solely for the ability to book the extra and early FP's and special viewing. It suits our park style and I hate hate hate waiting ( did I say hate)in long lines....but we are ones who always either pay extra or stay at Loews Portofino for EP at Universal.

Plus it allowed us to cancel 2 dessert parties and Nights of Adventure tour at AK so for us it was a much better proposition
I could not agree more!! Lack of patience and preserving my last bit of sanity are driving forces behind extra fast passes and unlimited express passes, although we prefer Hard Rock at Universal.

Same.
I figured if this wasn't available we'd do Plaza dessert party, again, and the kids haven't seen Fantasmic since they were little (did Star Wars last few times) so I debated a dining pkg.
This just evens it out, in my mind anyway. :)
AND, this will be the first trip in YEARS that we wont HAVE to RD. We don't have to ride it all, we'll be back next summer. Will we RD tho? Might, out of habit and it's how I do, lol.

We are doing MNSSHP Aug 17th, main reason for this "last minute" trip. Kids wanted to do it, but are at ages that they don't like to miss school, and their school no longer excuses vacations.
Everything just kind of lined up for this trip to work for CL and what we need.

I've been struggling with how to make the logistics of this work for an upcoming CL stay in June (before TSL opens). I was all for booking the extra FPs for three days of our trip when this was announced, but between having a 3 year old that can't ride all of the headliners or stay up for most of the nighttime shows, and wanting to take a long midday break, it came down to paying $600 to pick up a few extra FPs for FEA and TT, a second ride on FOP for my DD and DH, a few extra guaranteed MK FPs, and shows in HS (since my kids are too young for TOT and RNRC). I also hate the thought of having to call DSS to change a FP the day of, if we get held up or change our plans for whatever reason.

I've mapped it out multiple different ways and can't make it work for this trip, although I think the program sounds awesome for those with older kids who are planning to take advantage of the nighttime shows or have longer days/a shorter trip, or don't visit WDW frequently and want to see everything in one trip.

Just my two cents - although after seeing reports back from people, I may give it a try for our November trip after TSL is open! Very interested to hear about everyone's experiences and how this worked for them!

My immediate thought was no way. But then after doing the math by being able to drop dessert parties, EMM, and PPO breakfasts it became clear that this would be worth it. Plus we will not be going for RD. At all. I’m not saying we won’t arrive close to opening times, but now we have no need to be ahead the pack.

I've been struggling with how to make the logistics of this work for an upcoming CL stay in June (before TSL opens). I was all for booking the extra FPs for three days of our trip when this was announced, but between having a 3 year old that can't ride all of the headliners or stay up for most of the nighttime shows, and wanting to take a long midday break, it came down to paying $600 to pick up a few extra FPs for FEA and TT, a second ride on FOP for my DD and DH, a few extra guaranteed MK FPs, and shows in HS (since my kids are too young for TOT and RNRC). I also hate the thought of having to call DSS to change a FP the day of, if we get held up or change our plans for whatever reason.

I've mapped it out multiple different ways and can't make it work for this trip, although I think the program sounds awesome for those with older kids who are planning to take advantage of the nighttime shows or have longer days/a shorter trip, or don't visit WDW frequently and want to see everything in one trip.

Just my two cents - although after seeing reports back from people, I may give it a try for our November trip after TSL is open! Very interested to hear about everyone's experiences and how this worked for them!

It sounds like it won't work out for you this trip, but just wanted to say that I think what I was told was that on the club level concierge can assist day of, but only day of. I can't find my notes to confirm this, but it's what I recall because I remember thinking it would be a pain to call, lol. If I find my notes, I'll confirm...

It sounds like it won't work out for you this trip, but just wanted to say that I think what I was told was that on the club level concierge can assist day of, but only day of. I can't find my notes to confirm this, but it's what I recall because I remember thinking it would be a pain to call, lol. If I find my notes, I'll confirm...
This is from the email I received with the details

During your stay, if you need to contact us regarding same-day modifications after 5:00 PM, please call 407-939-1827.

This is from the email I received with the details

During your stay, if you need to contact us regarding same-day modifications after 5:00 PM, please call 407-939-1827.

Hmmm, I just looked at my email and mine says the same thing, however that's not what the CM told me verbally. I remember because I asked if you talk to hotel concierge during your entire stay, and she said no, you need to call signature services unless it's day of. I'll call tomorrow and ask again to clariy - I probably misunderstood...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter