Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I'm SUPER late, but we stayed in December and did CL FP's for four days, one at each park, and did a split stay between WL and CSR CL rooms. We were traveling with my parents and were able to add them to our CL FP's for our Magic Kingdom day. I'm not sure if that was a fluke, or you just have to purchase a minimum of three days, it doesn't matter who is in the traveling party. We booked our regular FP's first and then our CL FP's afterwards all within an hour. I thought that would be a lot of time, but we were definitely going from ride to ride to ride. Which was nice, but not a lot of down time. Luckily, we had five more park days where we were "lazy". I would definitely do this again, ESPECIALLY with the new rides coming to all of the parks! We're going again in November and have a regular room booked at AKL, but am thinking about switching! Highly recommend Gran Destino Tower btw!

Can you book the CLFP 90 days from the check out date of your club level stay? Or is it 90 days from the check out date of your entire stay? We have a split stay coming up with club level first and then another day at a value resort.

Thank you all for the information that you provided on the forum! I have tried to read through everything and understand before asking a question.

It sounds like there is a significant advantage to booking regular fast passes first. In that case, I can try to get additional extra (regular) fast passes, as long as they do not overlap in time with the club level fast passes. If I do regular fast passes in the morning and club level in the afternoon, then I can spend the afternoon trying to get an extra fast pass after the club level ones.

It sounds like there is a possible advantage to considering scheduling some regular fast passes at strategic times (not just first) when one might need 'flexibility', because they are the easiest to change.

Do I understand this correctly? If I do, it seems like for most tourists, most of the time, it makes sense to book the regular fast passes first. I am not understanding the reasons why I might need "flexibility" to alter some of the regular fast pass times? I guess if you wanted to do all the tier 1 stuff first, then you'd have to dig into your club level fast passes early?

All advice is welcome!

We are trying it for the first time. Sometimes we have the CL FP first, sometimes we have the regular FP first.

There is a MK day where I am hoping to move up our afternoon FP as we tap in. So I booked the CL FP for the morning and the regular FP for the afternoon since I can adjust regular FP on my own.

It sounds like there is a significant advantage to booking regular fast passes first. In that case, I can try to get additional extra (regular) fast passes, as long as they do not overlap in time with the club level fast passes. If I do regular fast passes in the morning and club level in the afternoon, then I can spend the afternoon trying to get an extra fast pass after the club level ones.

It sounds like there is a possible advantage to considering scheduling some regular fast passes at strategic times (not just first) when one might need 'flexibility', because they are the easiest to change.

Do I understand this correctly? If I do, it seems like for most tourists, most of the time, it makes sense to book the regular fast passes first. I am not understanding the reasons why I might need "flexibility" to alter some of the regular fast pass times? I guess if you wanted to do all the tier 1 stuff first, then you'd have to dig into your club level fast passes early?

Assuming that you book your regular FPs for the morning/early afternoon, and your CL for later afternoon/early evening/evening, you can get your 4th regular FP (from the available pool) as soon as you use your last regular FP. So theoretically, you could book your regular FPs at 10, 11, 12 noon. After you tap in for your noon FP, you can get your 4th, as long as the windows don't overlap (e.g. if you have CL FPs at 1, 2, and 3, your "available window" for your 4th is 12-1p, or after 4p). For my family, our gameplan is to book regular FPs for the morning/early afternoon, with a large "gap" in the afternoon afterwards. Our CL FPs will be booked for the evening hours (presumably, the pool of availability of top attractions will be less for 4th+ FPs in the evenings). We go in the summer, and having that window after lunch allows us to either FP additional attractions before our CL FPs would kick in, catch a show, or snag something for later in the evening that we don't already have a FP for. If we want to take a break and head back to the resort, we also have that option. As long as the windows don't overlap, we can book our 4th FP for any "hole" in our schedule, but book it at the 1:00p timeframe. We do in park dinners, so having the CL FPs for after dinner helps us maximize our touring and avoiding long waits. Given the 90 day prior booking window, we're getting first dibs at attractions AS WELL AS available times to fit our needs. IMO, being able to get FPs for multiple tier 1s, as well as the AT TIMES THAT FIT OUR NEEDS, is what sold us on the program.

The "flexibility" you refer to with the regular FPs is that once you use your first, you can theoretically modify your next one to an earlier time if it's available. The CL FPs can only be modified by DSS, which requires a phone call.

You are also correct that if you want to do a bunch of Tier 1s early, you'd need CL FPs to do so. How you arrange your pool of FPs and CL FPs is more dependent upon your family's touring style. IMO, and it's just my O, I see more of a benefit for stacking the regular FPs for as early in the day as possible, and saving the CL FPs for the times when waits are going to be longer (afternoons into evenings).

Assuming that you book your regular FPs for the morning/early afternoon, and your CL for later afternoon/early evening/evening, you can get your 4th regular FP (from the available pool) as soon as you use your last regular FP. So theoretically, you could book your regular FPs at 10, 11, 12 noon. After you tap in for your noon FP, you can get your 4th, as long as the windows don't overlap (e.g. if you have CL FPs at 1, 2, and 3, your "available window" for your 4th is 12-1p, or after 4p). For my family, our gameplan is to book regular FPs for the morning/early afternoon, with a large "gap" in the afternoon afterwards. Our CL FPs will be booked for the evening hours (presumably, the pool of availability of top attractions will be less for 4th+ FPs in the evenings). We go in the summer, and having that window after lunch allows us to either FP additional attractions before our CL FPs would kick in, catch a show, or snag something for later in the evening that we don't already have a FP for. If we want to take a break and head back to the resort, we also have that option. As long as the windows don't overlap, we can book our 4th FP for any "hole" in our schedule, but book it at the 1:00p timeframe. We do in park dinners, so having the CL FPs for after dinner helps us maximize our touring and avoiding long waits. Given the 90 day prior booking window, we're getting first dibs at attractions AS WELL AS available times to fit our needs. IMO, being able to get FPs for multiple tier 1s, as well as the AT TIMES THAT FIT OUR NEEDS, is what sold us on the program.

Great plan. I agree that everyone has to figure how it fits in their touring style. I generally feel that the afternoon is the busiest time, and I try to schedule my CL FPs during the afternoon. I also think the availability of 4th FPs increases as it gets later but YMMV.

Great plan. I agree that everyone has to figure how it fits in their touring style. I generally feel that the afternoon is the busiest time, and I try to schedule my CL FPs during the afternoon. I also think the availability of 4th FPs increases as it gets later but YMMV.

I think that figuring out FP availability, and the times that things attractions are out of FPs is the core of using the CL program to ultimately maximize the use of your time. We have an AP holder in our party, so I've been "using" his ticket to check day of FP availability (to try and get an idea of what is available when, and when things start to disappear). For kicks, I just checked MK for today's availability and found:

Dumbo, Tea Party, and Carpets of Aladdin had AM/before lunch availability
Barnstormer 3:05
Buzz was at 4:55
IASW was 9:45, and then quickly went to 1:00, but has changed to 12:15 now
HM was at 1:00, and then filled up totally
Jungle cruise 7:05
Winnie the Pooh 3:25
Pan 4:20
PoC 4:55
Tomorrowland Speed 5:55, and then filled totally

As of right now, BTMRR, HM, 7DMT, and Space Mtn are totally gone for the day. Granted, the results are literally a snippet of time and have probably changed a bit again as I type this. What scares/intimidates me most is that on the day of, at a presumably slower time of the year, at roughly 10am, a chunk of FPs for 10-3 are gone already. Headliners are totally gone for the day (BTMRR, HM, 7DMT-to be expected), space, ALL GONE) Granted, people changing plans and refreshing results might be helpful for fill ins, but as morning FPs are used, that available pool of late afternoon/evening FPs is going to get slim. Who is really looking for #4 before noon, anyway? Assuming rope droppers are getting 1-2 attractions in, and were able to snag 3 FPs at 10, 11, and 12...I don't know how "savvy" the general public is about timing and finessing the system as say, your average Diser.

If nothing else, using the CL program will be useful in that you can tailor your day (and your breaks) as your party sees fit. We're going in July, at presumably a busier time than late February, so I'm really not holding my breath for 4th FP availability except for very late at night (unless we get lucky) based upon what I've been able to check on at the parks for this time of year.

I think that figuring out FP availability, and the times that things attractions are out of FPs is the core of using the CL program to ultimately maximize the use of your time. We have an AP holder in our party, so I've been "using" his ticket to check day of FP availability (to try and get an idea of what is available when, and when things start to disappear). For kicks, I just checked MK for today's availability and found:

Dumbo, Tea Party, and Carpets of Aladdin had AM/before lunch availability
Barnstormer 3:05
Buzz was at 4:55
IASW was 9:45, and then quickly went to 1:00, but has changed to 12:15 now
HM was at 1:00, and then filled up totally
Jungle cruise 7:05
Winnie the Pooh 3:25
Pan 4:20
PoC 4:55
Tomorrowland Speed 5:55, and then filled totally

As of right now, BTMRR, HM, 7DMT, and Space Mtn are totally gone for the day. Granted, the results are literally a snippet of time and have probably changed a bit again as I type this. What scares/intimidates me most is that on the day of, at a presumably slower time of the year, at roughly 10am, a chunk of FPs for 10-3 are gone already. Headliners are totally gone for the day (BTMRR, HM, 7DMT-to be expected), space, ALL GONE) Granted, people changing plans and refreshing results might be helpful for fill ins, but as morning FPs are used, that available pool of late afternoon/evening FPs is going to get slim. Who is really looking for #4 before noon, anyway? Assuming rope droppers are getting 1-2 attractions in, and were able to snag 3 FPs at 10, 11, and 12...I don't know how "savvy" the general public is about timing and finessing the system as say, your average Diser.

If nothing else, using the CL program will be useful in that you can tailor your day (and your breaks) as your party sees fit. We're going in July, at presumably a busier time than late February, so I'm really not holding my breath for 4th FP availability except for very late at night (unless we get lucky) based upon what I've been able to check on at the parks for this time of year.

Honestly, if I have only my regular fast passes and CL FP to use, I'm fine with it. A decent 4th FP is just icing on the cake.

Honestly, if I have only my regular fast passes and CL FP to use, I'm fine with it. A decent 4th FP is just icing on the cake.

LOL. It is for us as well. I think our 17 year old traveling companions will have a different opinion though! It's lots of fun (not always though) trying to plan to keep 3 other people "happy" at the happiest place on earth!

Does the three-day minimum apply to all members of your party who choose to participate in the program? We will have four people on our trip. Three of us will be staying for a week, and will likely get four or five days of club level fastpasses. But one of our group will only be there for two park days. Can we get club level fastpasses for her as well, or would that be disallowed because she would only be getting two-days worth?

Does the three-day minimum apply to all members of your party who choose to participate in the program? We will have four people on our trip. Three of us will be staying for a week, and will likely get four or five days of club level fastpasses. But one of our group will only be there for two park days. Can we get club level fastpasses for her as well, or would that be disallowed because she would only be getting two-days worth?

You don’t have to buy for the whole group but the three day minimum applies for any who purchase.

The application might let you change a regular fast pass to something that duplicates a club level fast pass?

Not might, it will let you. They behave just like regular fast passes with the additional restriction that you cannot overlap the CLFPs. There have been reports of overzealous CMs changing them and issues if you ever had to call DSS back to switch you CLFPs, so be careful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter