Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Still no response from DSS via email regarding my emailed request to refund my CL FPs from my April trip...

Still no response from DSS via email regarding my emailed request to refund my CL FPs from my April trip...

It took a couple days from the time I sent in my email request to cancel CL FPs before they came back and cancelled them. I sent the request on 3/20 and heard back from them on 3/23. I just changed my vacation to August 9-15. Hoping everything is back up and running by my new window!

That's what happened to me, too. I think I'm going to cancel my Club Level rooms because the other perks of CL aren't enough to justify the price difference and then hope i get lucky with my regular FPs.
DH and myself had the same conversation last night. For us we love the entire perks of staying club level; the lounge space, the amazing CM’s, drinks and snack foods, and club level FP program. We are park enthusiasts, we ride as many rides as we possibly can everyday we are at a park. Those extra passes are a great perk for us. If DSS does not open soon where I can make those extra passes, we may change to a regular room and have a whole new Disney experience this trip. We have always stayed club level but we can visit resort/park lounges for a break and book a couple of more dinner reservations. Either way the trip will be great...if we get to go.

It looks like the price difference for our trip is about 800 dollars, and that's compared with the Sun and Fun which I was going to have to check against the Free Dining. I'd rather have the opportunity to get the extra FPs in all the tiers for HS -- to be able to book SDD and SR and MMRR, but right now I'm guessing those FPs will be gone by the time we are able to book them for our trip.

I'm really interested in changing my fall reservation to CL but the extra fastpass thing would be a dealbreaker! I hope they give us some information while there is still availability!!!
Yes, same for our September trip. IF it is safe to travel by then. We're thinking about baby 3, and if I'm pregnant we will definitely not be traveling. Honestly, they probably are thinking they're going to roll out genie and paid FP's in general soon, so maybe this just gives a good excuse to pause? Who knows. I probably won't stay CL without it, although CL at Coronado Springs was exquisite last December.

Never been part of that discussion but if they did have a program to pay for extra FP just by staying on site I’d totally be for it!

I want to yell at someone. Made my regular FP selections at 5 local time this morning (7 in Orlando) and none of the big headliners had FPs available. No FoP at 60+5, none of the new three at HS at 60+4. Not even Mine Train at 60+2. I had a trip booked out and paid for with CLFPs that WDW cancelled. Not saying it's their fault, not saying they were wrong. But they cancelled. When I rebooked, I told the CM I was booking Club Level because of that program, and he said it was a great program. After booking I called SS and they were closed, I wrote the email to the address they said, explaining my situation (this was at about 75 days out) and they wrote me back saying they'd be open April 1. That gave me 60+8, plus multiple tiers.

When we got closer, i wrote them again, explaining my situation and they said they understood and they'd help me as soon as they reopened. But they haven't, so they didn't, and here we are with a trip designed to check out the new things and no FPs for the new things. I spent three hours on hold to talk about changing my package from Fun in the Sun to the new FD, and when I got through the guy I talked to said that had to be done through resorts, that he couldn't do anything to help, gave me another number to call.

I'm not blaming them; I'm not saying they were wrong to close or wrong to stay closed (I do think the booking CM should have been more informed as to SS status, but I can even let that slide). It's just rather frustrating, and I thought this might be a good place to vent. Thus ... see above.

Much bigger problems in the world, I know. But it still sucks.

I want to yell at someone. Made my regular FP selections at 5 local time this morning (7 in Orlando) and none of the big headliners had FPs available. No FoP at 60+5, none of the new three at HS at 60+4. Not even Mine Train at 60+2. I had a trip booked out and paid for with CLFPs that WDW cancelled. Not saying it's their fault, not saying they were wrong. But they cancelled. When I rebooked, I told the CM I was booking Club Level because of that program, and he said it was a great program. After booking I called SS and they were closed, I wrote the email to the address they said, explaining my situation (this was at about 75 days out) and they wrote me back saying they'd be open April 1. That gave me 60+8, plus multiple tiers.

When we got closer, i wrote them again, explaining my situation and they said they understood and they'd help me as soon as they reopened. But they haven't, so they didn't, and here we are with a trip designed to check out the new things and no FPs for the new things. I spent three hours on hold to talk about changing my package from Fun in the Sun to the new FD, and when I got through the guy I talked to said that had to be done through resorts, that he couldn't do anything to help, gave me another number to call.

I'm not blaming them; I'm not saying they were wrong to close or wrong to stay closed (I do think the booking CM should have been more informed as to SS status, but I can even let that slide). It's just rather frustrating, and I thought this might be a good place to vent. Thus ... see above.

I am so sorry to hear this and I empathize with you. Let's all hope DSS re-opens and helps you out! Maybe even in the form of 3 extra Multiple Experience FPs for each day CL FPs are booked!

They really should have DSS open and working. If Disney is going to have club level category rooms to book, then they need to have the service that goes with that room category. They could easily just cut the hours of service like M-F 8-3. This would give those of us who book this category access to the service.

I want to yell at someone. Made my regular FP selections at 5 local time this morning (7 in Orlando) and none of the big headliners had FPs available. No FoP at 60+5, none of the new three at HS at 60+4. Not even Mine Train at 60+2. .........................................................

I doubt there are really no FP+ availability since only a small number of guests could have even have scheduled them for the period of your rescheduled trip. It is more likely the systems are very busy handling the massive changes that Disney is making due to the current situation.

Yes there are much bigger problems than your FP+ selections and a Trial Club Level paid FP+ program at this time.

In your excitement about the planning for your rescheduled next trip you might have missed the announcement from Disney:
.... However, with no clear indication of when we can restart our businesses, we’re forced to make the difficult decision to take the next step and furlough employees whose jobs aren’t necessary at this time.

The furlough process will begin on April 19, and all impacted workers will remain Disney employees through the duration of the furlough period.
This is announcement indicated the furlough will impact non-essential U.S. employees across the entire company.

Dave

Thanks for setting me straight, Dave. I guess I shouldn't be disappointed at all. Glad the perspective cops are around to make sure none of us express emotion or sadness because our plans aren't working out. My daughter shouldn't be disappointed about losing her softball season because, you know, the virus. My sons shouldn't be disappointed about losing their Sea Camp trip because, you know, the virus. And I shouldn't be disappointed that the trip we planned to try to make up for some of that won't be as great as we hoped because, you know, the virus.

Last edited:

I get it.
I had my CL FPs so perfectly planned for March. It is disappointing.
I had hopes for mid June, I still plan, but am focusing on my back up to my back up now. :(
It would be nice if DSS gave those of us who had to cancel, something to make up for the non replacement CL FPs.

With everything that is going on in the world, all the depressing news, etc, planning for trips that may or may not happen brings some of us a sliver of joy, just briefly.
It is so unneccessary for people to crash threads to "remind" us. We all know what is going on around us. Just let us have a break from it briefly. Please...

Thanks for setting me straight, Dave. I guess I shouldn't be disappointed at all. Glad the perspective cops are around to make sure none of us express emotion or sadness because our plans aren't working out. My daughter shouldn't be disappointed about losing her softball season because, you know, the virus. My sons shouldn't be disappointed about losing their Sea Camp trip because, you know, the virus. And I shouldn't be disappointed that the trip we planned to try to make up for some of that won't be as great as we hoped because, you know, the virus.
Honestly, I think 60 days from now is cutting it close. Can you reschedule for a later date when more of this will have died down and you'll get DSS attention and be more confident the parks will be open? I understand it sucks, I had to push my perfect April trip. I'm trying to have perspective about it.

I think we all understand the devastation caused by Covid 19, including, but not limited to the loss of lives, unemployment, total change in daily habits, etc. It is understandable for those who have had vacations impacted to be able to vent on a Disney forum. In these time, we all need to let off a little steam. Venting or complaining does not mean 'we' are blind to the bigger picture of what is happening around and to us. Disney is an escape for me and in the current situation, I find myself planning a trip in my head as I try to fall asleep each night.

Here's a little update. i changed from my original package to the free dining offer, and told the Cm I was thinking about switching out of CL because the SS stuff wasn't available. She said that her understanding was that SS has some FPs available to "just them," and she's been told they'll do all they can to "make it right for you." So I don't know what that means, and it doesn't change any of the frustration i felt earlier, but if you've got CL and are within your 90-window, maybe there's a little hope.

Here's a little update. i changed from my original package to the free dining offer, and told the Cm I was thinking about switching out of CL because the SS stuff wasn't available. She said that her understanding was that SS has some FPs available to "just them," and she's been told they'll do all they can to "make it right for you." So I don't know what that means, and it doesn't change any of the frustration i felt earlier, but if you've got CL and are within your 90-window, maybe there's a little hope.

This is great. I am sure if your trips happen and you want to purchase the extra FP, they will definitely work with you.

Unless something drastic has changed due to this extraordinary situation, that sounds a lot like typical phone CM misinformation. DSS pulls from the same pool as everyone else for FPs and ADRs, there is no secret stash they alone have access to. Tbh I would not believe anything a non DSS phone CM tells you about what DSS can or can’t do, even on normal issues you can get 4 answers if you talk to 3 CMs. And this is a pilot program that is deliberately not advertised. That’s not to disparage them because they do try their best to assist, but they don’t always have the best information and it often seems like the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

With everything going on and the likelihood that my June trip will end up cancelled, I actually forgot to book my regular fastpasses! Just booked now a day late. No real concerns - if the trip goes ahead my CL ones get me most of what I want. Assuming it doesn’t, well...I understand others who are upset. Disney trips take a lot of planning and even when it makes sense that the parks close and of course we want everyone to be safe, it’s still normal to feel disappointed. If we have to rebook, we will likely have to do so for next summer because we’re working with two college schedules that don’t line up well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter