Trip Cancelled bc of March Closure — Best time to rebook??

For those of you who are re-scheduling or reading threads similar to these, what seems to be the most popular timeframe people are re-scheduling for? We are currently booked for late April and are considering re-scheduling for late October for the next chance at tolerable weather, but we will lose most (maybe all) of our bounceback offer so it would be roughly $1200 more, plus any additional flight costs. However, I read some threads where the consensus is "everyone" seems to be re-scheduling for October, so that scared me away. We now have tentative dates chosen for mid-September, based on the hope crowds will be lower. It also falls within our bounceback range, so we won't have the big up-charge. But, already dreading that heat.

Because this kind of unprecedented, I think there's absolutely no way to accurately predict crowds this year. So I'd take crowds completely out of your equation. It's going to a gamble any which way. That leaves you with making the choice between your two other factors, and deciding if either budget (by going in your bounce back range) or weather (by going later fall) is the winning factor. Only you can make that choice.

For us, budget would win, but that's us. That's why we're booked in the last week of August (original booking, not a rebook) because back in Jan that week was offered as a free dining week. Even though my wife once said 'never again' because we had booked in that week a few years ago and she found the heat unbearable, and then, she's the one who proposed the same week this time around.

Because this kind of unprecedented, I think there's absolutely no way to accurately predict crowds this year. So I'd take crowds completely out of your equation. It's going to a gamble any which way.
Right, which is why I'm posing the question if people are seeing any kind of trend when it comes to re-scheduling. I mentioned that October seems to be frequently mentioned, and a few others have said they expect October to be busier than normal. Its all a crapshoot and speculation at this point, but if people are reading tons of others' have re-scheduled for October (or whenever), then it might make me learn towards a different month.

Our original reservation is for early Oct. I give that a low chance due to lingering virus concerns, trashed economy etc. But if the world straightens out, we will go and manage whatever crowds there are. The world will be hungry for a break.

Hey All! So the plug was just pulled yesterday on my beautifully planned, dialed in, super magical, amazing trip to WDW for 3/22-3/29. I’m sad, my kids are sad, the grandparents are sad, everyone’s just sad over here. But, it is what it is.

To try and lessen the sting, I’m trying to figure out when is best to rebook between now and the end of the year.

As a family that’s only ever gone over Spring Break in March (my parents started making the trek every year when I was a kid iin the 80’s/90’s and now we go every year with my own kids) — we have no idea what Disney even looks like during any other month.

I know from these boards that there really is no slow time anymore — and that’s fine by us as we’re used to Spring Break crowds.

But when would you guys recommend as a good time to go? We’re pretty flexible and could probably make most weeks work —although I see during the summer that weather is a factor as well as early fall (with hurricane season) — is early June terrible? how bad is it really during July and August? What’s it like during the fall? During Christmas? Would just love some thoughts from experienced Dis-ers!! Help a fellow traveler out — lol!

Right, which is why I'm posing the question if people are seeing any kind of trend when it comes to re-scheduling. I mentioned that October seems to be frequently mentioned, and a few others have said they expect October to be busier than normal. Its all a crapshoot and speculation at this point, but if people are reading tons of others' have re-scheduled for October (or whenever), then it might make me learn towards a different month.
The problem being that the DIS boards most likely represents a very small percentage of the actual Disney visitors, and of those, only represents those that diligently pre-plan enough to become members here. The only insight you'll gain by monitoring trends here can't be extrapolated to the masses. Your best bet would be an inside person at Disney booking, who can tell the actual volume for the resorts. And that doesn't count for locals, offsite, etc... I really wouldn't worry about crowds this year, and instead book on the guidelines I suggested, either price or weather. Personally, given the outlines you've provided so far, assuming you don't have kids to worry about like us, I'd be picking the Mid September date. It'll be cheaper because of your bounce back, and just after Labour day will most likely preclude any families with kids in school. I know we'd be willing to pull them from school by the time Oct or Nov rolls around, but not right at the beginning of the school year. So that 'might', but definitely no guarantee, provide a time that won't be 'at capacity'. But then, if everyone else who doesn't have to worry about school does the same, you might be at capacity even then.

The problem being that the DIS boards most likely represents a very small percentage of the actual Disney visitors, and of those, only represents those that diligently pre-plan enough to become members here. The only insight you'll gain by monitoring trends here can't be extrapolated to the masses. Your best bet would be an inside person at Disney booking, who can tell the actual volume for the resorts. And that doesn't count for locals, offsite, etc... I really wouldn't worry about crowds this year, and instead book on the guidelines I suggested, either price or weather. Personally, given the outlines you've provided so far, assuming you don't have kids to worry about like us, I'd be picking the Mid September date. It'll be cheaper because of your bounce back, and just after Labour day will most likely preclude any families with kids in school. I know we'd be willing to pull them from school by the time Oct or Nov rolls around, but not right at the beginning of the school year. So that 'might', but definitely no guarantee, provide a time that won't be 'at capacity'. But then, if everyone else who doesn't have to worry about school does the same, you might be at capacity even then.
Its ok - just trying to get a general idea here for conversation sake. Not looking for or expecting an exact science or accurate numbers. Thanks!

For what it's worth, I've been seeing a lot of people mentioning Thanksgiving and Christmas too. And in the same thread I hear people say they don't expect the parks to even open back up until there is a vaccine. So basically everybody has an opinion about when they think the parks will be open, busy, etc but I've seen a variety of rescheduling options.

Im currently booked early oct but if that doesn't happen, I'll probably shoot for mid march next year (assuming they're isn't another crisis. )

Cancelled our late June trip & moved it back to third week of August..got a better deal for Gran Destino club level than we had for our original trip. Holding out for a little more of a discount maybe...maybe!

We just rescheduled our March trip to mid November- specifically the week before Thanksgiving. Hoping for some good discounts. I will take anything right about now. Just waiting for them to come out.

We were already booked for 24th Oct - 14th Nov. Have already received a crowd increase notification from Touring Plans. My hubby thinks we won't be going (from Australia) but I'm still hopefully, though nervous about large crowds. I'm not doing any further trip planning for a few months in case the trip is cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter