Trip Dates Between April - October

XTinabell

DIS Veteran
We have booked and cancelled our trip twice now and are hoping to avoid doing that a third time. I understand crowds are unpredictable but any thoughts on when we might find the lowest crowds between April and October 2023? We're travelling with two small children for the first time (3&4 years old or possibly 4&5 at time of travel) so would just prefer to not be stressed about shoulder to shoulder crowds if possible.

From what I see from Vloggers in the parks, there is rarely downtimes nowadays & it can’t really be predicted when the occasional slow period will hit. I would maybe try basing it off the Magic Key blockout calendar. If you can find a time period where some of them are blocked it might help a little. But for the most part, I don’t think DLR really has low crowds very often anymore. I have heard early June is traditionally pretty good, but I really don’t know how accurate that info is.

If you have flexibility I would book something while local schools are in session and if possible some magic keys are blocked. You can check school district calendars and magic key calendars online, but as an example we are in San Diego and school ends early June and resumes mid-late august. Ideally I’d probably aim for sometime in May or early September. I would avoid October and quite frankly most of the Halloween season at *all* costs, the crowds were bananas this year.

There do seem to be some anomaly weeks in the summer as well that someone more seasoned then I could suggest. The best day trips I have had recently are when the lower 2 tier magic keys are blocked out. Not sure if that is just dumb luck but it has happened repeatedly so I have to think there’s some truth in there.

Hmm, I actually think end of April/early May might be best. It would be after spring break, before summer, and toontown would be open (which would be good for those ages). We went in September when school was in session but hit one of the crazy heat waves, which sucked. Also, once the Halloween events start, it does get busy (especially if they do Oogie boogie again).

Hmm, I actually think end of April/early May might be best. It would be after spring break, before summer, and toontown would be open (which would be good for those ages). We went in September when school was in session but hit one of the crazy heat waves, which sucked. Also, once the Halloween events start, it does get busy (especially if they do Oogie boogie again).
Yes, I like this logic. One of the reasons we already cancelled a trip this year was because we wanted to hit Toontown but avoid its opening day. We used to go for Halloween but it's gotten so crazy it's not even fun anymore. I think we'll try early May. Flights seem really cheap in May and I'll take everyone's advice here and check the Magic Keys as well. Thanks all!

Another good time, generally, is at the very end of August/beginning part of September (as long as you avoid Labor Day weekend). If you get there before the "Halloween" season begins, that's optimal.

In the olden days (pre-Covid:D) we found that the very end of August was amazingly doable, with longer hours, good weather, and nothing down for maintenance yet. I don't know how that is now, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter