Trip Decision and Planning

CUGrad

Earning My Ears
Hi - we are considering a day at the Magic Kingdom on the 1st of March, a Monday. That is generally considered a quieter day of the week, I think. I know there is a reservation system now to limit crowds and a very stringent mask policy. How has it been? I’ll be taking my daughter who has severe CP and who has been considered high risk for COVID. We’ll be almost 2 weeks past our second vaccine shot which is the main reason I’m considering it with her. I just wanted to find out your MK experiences with COVID and crowds. She can wear a mask just fine. I would need to figure out food since we’re a bit uncomfortable with eating inside a restaurant. She’s been cooped up since March and I’ve been thinking it might be a special day out of confinement. Thanks For your insight!

I have someone who is very close to me, who was just at the Parks over the Christmas holidays.

They (there were 2 in the travel party) were initially very uncomfortable with indoor seating for meals, so they opted for mostly QS meals, and would usually find a spot to sit outdoors, although she reported that overall the seating was well spaced. About halfway through the trip, they decided to just go look at one of her favorite TS locations (Tony's Town Square) and found to their surprise that it was very well spaced, and they felt comfortable enough to start eating "inside" at most locations.

They are "double maskers" - they wear 2 masks, typically a nice fabric over a standard paper mask, or sometimes a nice fabric over a fitted filter. They both came home fine, never got sick (and were subsequently tested prior to returning to their jobs to be sure). She said that they wound up feeling kinda silly about being so worried - they realized once they were there that Disney was doing a great job of keeping everyone distanced, and keeping everything clean. They felt much more "danger" from the airports they traveled through, and the flights they were on, than they ever felt at WDW.

I have someone who is very close to me, who was just at the Parks over the Christmas holidays.

They (there were 2 in the travel party) were initially very uncomfortable with indoor seating for meals, so they opted for mostly QS meals, and would usually find a spot to sit outdoors, although she reported that overall the seating was well spaced. About halfway through the trip, they decided to just go look at one of her favorite TS locations (Tony's Town Square) and found to their surprise that it was very well spaced, and they felt comfortable enough to start eating "inside" at most locations.

They are "double maskers" - they wear 2 masks, typically a nice fabric over a standard paper mask, or sometimes a nice fabric over a fitted filter. They both came home fine, never got sick (and were subsequently tested prior to returning to their jobs to be sure). She said that they wound up feeling kinda silly about being so worried - they realized once they were there that Disney was doing a great job of keeping everyone distanced, and keeping everything clean. They felt much more "danger" from the airports they traveled through, and the flights they were on, than they ever felt at WDW.
Thank you for your generous and thoughtful response! I’m sure for some it may seem like I’m being overly cautious but unfortunately the good old fashioned flu has been cause for an ICU stay for us in the past. After talking through it with some friends yesterday we went ahead and booked. YAY!! Your insight on the dining is very helpful in our planning. It does sound like Disney is being very careful and I doubt that we could find a safer similar activity. I know that in general things are different these days at Disney so I think we’ll just roll with it as it comes. No pun intended with my girl being in a wheelchair. 😉 Thank you again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter