Trip Insurance?

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
Tell me about trip insurance - we have a long weekend trip coming up and between COVID, all of the flight cancellations as of late, and just plain old winter weather I'm worried our trip isn't going to go off as planned. We are using DVC points, flying Southwest and have a refundable car reservation. so what would trip insurance help us with here exactly?

I'm using banked points so trying to find another time to use them before they expire for good at the end of May will be tricky. Am I correct that the DVC trip insurance will pay me back dues for those points? Is that regardless of whether I am able to re-book them for another trip or not? How about a different trip insurance company, anyone have any experience with those?

Would it also cover us to fly another airline/keep our rental car and drive it home if our flights are canceled or someone ends up with COVID? Guessing it does not cover tickets...

Those are my main concerns. This is our only trip planned this year so the idea of a year's worth of protection doesn't really appeal.

Any help appreciated!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter