Trip Number Nine ~ It's Christmastime!

Burn it, burn it with fire? :rotfl2:

HATE the Alice in Wonderland dump zone water play area. HATE it. LOATHE it. The ding-ding-ding-ding-dingdingdingdingdingdingding Splash, Dump, Scream Squeal SCREAM!!!!- of the area is a nightmare to me. Totally takes away the calm tranquil ambience that used to be there.
IDK why they felt the need to put it in, it does not go with the rest of the resort. Hate it.:sad2:

Hi Shelly,

Glad you had a good trip! Poor DS's rash though, glad it's better now.

I'm glad you got to try the GF, it's not somewhere I'm too bothered about staying at. We did a Poly and Beach Club split in October, and need to admit something to you......I liked the Poly a little bit more! There I said it, but i wont say it again lol

I still love the Epcot resort area better though, so maybe we need to try the BWI or the YC :)

Welcome back Shelly! Glad you had a good time despite not feeling the GF, the crowds and poor DS's rash.

That room at the Poly sounds fantastic!!! When we stayed there last year we were in Tokalau. I wanted Somoa or Tokalau. Can't wait to hear all the details. :)

Hi Shelly,

Glad you had a good trip! Poor DS's rash though, glad it's better now.

I'm glad you got to try the GF, it's not somewhere I'm too bothered about staying at. We did a Poly and Beach Club split in October, and need to admit something to you......I liked the Poly a little bit more! There I said it, but i wont say it again lol

I still love the Epcot resort area better though, so maybe we need to try the BWI or the YC :)

Thanks Monica! :)

I hear ya!! I LOVE the Poly. :lovestruc But also love the Epcot area. I'm thinking BWI next time....

Welcome back Shelly! Glad you had a good time despite not feeling the GF, the crowds and poor DS's rash.

That room at the Poly sounds fantastic!!! When we stayed there last year we were in Tokalau. I wanted Somoa or Tokalau. Can't wait to hear all the details. :)

Thank you! :goodvibes We did have a good time, despite a few issues.

The Poly was awesome! I had requested Samoa or Tokelau and top floor. So I was very pleased with what we got!

Jodi ad Shelly- I totally hear you about the new Alice splash area at the GF. All we could hear from our balcony in SL (facing the courtyard) was DING DING DING. All.day.long!!!!! Walking from SL to the main building that's all we heard also! I just don't think it belongs there. We still love the GF but I totally agree that the magic wasn't all there like it was last year due to all of the construction.

Jodi ad Shelly- I totally hear you about the new Alice splash area at the GF. All we could hear from our balcony in SL (facing the courtyard) was DING DING DING. All.day.long!!!!! Walking from SL to the main building that's all we heard also! I just don't think it belongs there. We still love the GF but I totally agree that the magic wasn't all there like it was last year due to all of the construction.

I really hope they aren't planning to add those splash areas to all the pools. :eek:

I saw a picture of the Alice splash thingy a couple of months ago. The first thing I thought was it doesn't even fit into the theme. Where did they come up with Alice in W????

Almost done loading and editing all my pics!

Here's a sneak peak for you! :cool1:

Our room at the GF -- 3rd floor center with the lights on. Jodi's room is the one to the right of it.

DisneyDecember2012152_zpsf0568f33.jpg

The view from the balcony ~

DisneyDecember2012278_zpsfa5e9e58.jpg

The room ~

DisneyDecember2012118_zps234b63c2.jpg

DisneyDecember2012120_zps8bde1593.jpg

And the balcony ~

DisneyDecember2012121_zps36217ae6.jpg

I'll be back with some Poly pics. :goodvibes

Crap!! All my pics loaded HUGE. :sad2: I thought I had it set to medium. :confused3 Well, I'm not reloading them to make them a different size. So I guess you will be getting a HUGE TR!! :faint::rotfl:

Aw I miss it!! :(
Totally wild that your room was close to mine!! :laughing:

Hi Shelly,

You can change the image size when you upload it to PB.

First, you have to go back and use their old style website.

Click on the green "Upload" button on the top of the page.

On the page "Upload to Photobucket" click on "Customize your upload options"

A pop-up box will show up, "Photo Options"

Select "640 x 480"

Then hit "Save" at the bottom of that page.

Now all of your images you upload will be the normal web page size.

Sea :cool1:

I have never stayed at GF, but I visit every time I am in WDW. I loved your pictures!!! We are leaving soon and I can't wait to see it with all its holiday decor.

Well, the balcony doesn't look sticky at first glance! :thumbsup2

:laughing:

It was pretty clean!

Aw I miss it!! :(
Totally wild that your room was close to mine!! :laughing:

I know. After I texted you my room # and you said it was right next door DS13 was like -- did you guys request that??? I said no we didn't, but I guess we did have similar room requests - upper floor, full balcony, marina view, daybed! :goodvibes What are the odds?!!

Hi Shelly,

You can change the image size when you upload it to PB.

First, you have to go back and use their old style website.

Click on the green "Upload" button on the top of the page.

On the page "Upload to Photobucket" click on "Customize your upload options"

A pop-up box will show up, "Photo Options"

Select "640 x 480"

Then hit "Save" at the bottom of that page.

Now all of your images you upload will be the normal web page size.

Sea :cool1:

That's what it was set to. Or at least I thought so. That was the size of the last trip's pics....Probably because of the change to the new Photobucket, and then I had changed it back to the old style. Why can't they just leave things alone?! :headache:

Changing the size now will not change the pics that are already loaded will it?

I have never stayed at GF, but I visit every time I am in WDW. I loved your pictures!!! We are leaving soon and I can't wait to see it with all its holiday decor.

Thank you! :)

Yes, make sure you visit the GF! :santa: Have a great trip!!:cool1:

Hey, don't mess with the pics! I like 'em big! It's good for these over-40 (way over :laughing:) eyes.

I can't believe the pixiedust: of being right next door to Jodi! And what a pretty view! Your room looks very nice, too.

Thanks for the sneak peek! Very smart to leave us wanting more. :laughing:

Hey, don't mess with the pics! I like 'em big! It's good for these over-40 (way over :laughing:) eyes.

I can't believe the pixiedust: of being right next door to Jodi! And what a pretty view! Your room looks very nice, too.

Thanks for the sneak peek! Very smart to leave us wanting more. :laughing:

:laughing: I know what you mean. I have to squint to see things anymore! :rotfl:

I just don't want any giant close ups of me all over the internet!! :scared1:

Poly pics! :love:

DisneyDecember2012385_zpsf2ab1273.jpg

Our room is in the very top left corner of the Samoa building. The one behind the tree. :rotfl:

DisneyDecember2012409_zpse39d6a38.jpg

DisneyDecember2012386_zps4cebaa9e.jpg

Room ~

DisneyDecember2012387_zps778de0fb.jpg

DisneyDecember2012388_zpsc15e3fb7.jpg

View ~

DisneyDecember2012398_zps0f8ea13a.jpg

DisneyDecember2012399_zps69f1dba8.jpg

DisneyDecember2012401_zps7f662059.jpg

DisneyDecember2012407_zps152b86d4.jpg

Balcony ~

DisneyDecember2012389_zps52bea47b.jpg

DisneyDecember2012405_zpsa3b55315.jpg

DisneyDecember20121181_zpsfd485883.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter