Trip plan, this forum has been so helpful - thanks!

rabbit12

Earning My Ears
:wave:

Hey! I just want to say that this is a fab forum and I've got lots of really great information from here - thanks very much to you all! So I wanted to share our Disney plan with you. We've got the DDP and we're staying at Pop for 10 whole days - so excited and trying to lose a good deal of weight beforehand because I have a feeling that I'll be gaining a fair bit of weight whilst we're there!! :O)

Okay, here goes, it's all pretty action packed and I'm sure we won't be able to manage it all (2 30 year olds without kids!) but we're going to give it a good go!! Any comments/suggestions very welcome as this is our first time and you all seem to know so much!

First of all, we were thinking about how to deal with the dining plan credits, we're not great with big meals but eating little and more often is best for us so we decided to split our 2CS credits so we could share 2 meals at around 11 and 3. Most of our TS reservations are for around 9 because we wanted to make the most of the parks and extra magic hours first. Also, there are days when we're not going to be in Disney (will be in Seaworld etc) so we're going to try to get take-out pizzas with our 2CS from Pop the night before (hopefully a large pizza for 2CS - anyone done this?) those days and sneak some slices into the parks (after storing in the fridge of course!!)

We're also saving some or our snack credits because we'll be there for the Epcot Food and Wine festival (lucky us!!) and apparently you can use them for that - yey!

We're a little bit worried about the travelling to resort restaurants since we haven't go a car so any comments on that would be great too!

Day 1 (Thurs)
Non-park day

Arriving midday at Pop
Travel to Coronado Springs for 2CS at Pepper Market (think we'll be starving by this point!!)
Back to Pop to unpack
Travel to Downtown Disney for a look around and meal at Planet Hollywood (9pm) using 1TS and voucher that came with package

Day 2 (Fri)
MGM day

1CS at Backlot Express
1CS at Rosies
Epcot for evening extra magic hours and illuminations at 9
Walk over to Boardwalk for 2TS at Spoodles at 9.50

Day 3 (Sat)
Disney Quest and relaxation

2CS at Earl of Sandwich Downtown Disney
Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Downtown for 2TS at 9.30

Day 4 (Sun)
Seaworld day

Hopefully will have pizza 2CS, picked up last night
2TS at Concourse Steakhouse, Contemporary at 9pm

Day 5 (Mon)
Epcot day

1CS at Tangierine Cafe
Use snacks throughout the day at Food and Wine festival (also a couple of beers paid for with Disney dollars, burp!)
MGM for evening extra magic hours
Maya Grill at Coronado Springs for 2TS at 9pm

Day 6 (Tues)
Busch Gardens day

2TS at Yacht Club Galley at 9pm

Day 7 (Wed)
Magic Kingdom day

1CS at Cosmic Rays and pizza from yesterday
Epcot evening for meal at Coral Reef 2TS at 8.40pm

Day 8 (Thurs)
Waterpark day (Disney - haven't decided which one yet!)

2CS at waterpark
4TS at Luau in Polynesian resort 8pm

Day 9 (Fri)
Animal Kingdom day

1CS at Tusker House
1CS at Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot evening for 2TS meal at Le Cellier at 8.40

Day 10 (Sat)
Seaworld day

1TS at Cap'n Jack's at 7pm (twin lobster tails if poss!), OOP for extra appetiser
Pleasure Island for a few drinks

Day 11 (Sun)
Disney check out day and travel for 4 nights at Universal

2CS for lunch at Wolgang Puck Express

So, there you go - took some planning and looks very busy but I hope it's going to work! The only real downer for me is that we won't get to see the Wishes firework display, I couldn't see where to squeeze it in. Also, I'm a bit concerned about getting from some of the resort restaurants to Pop at the late hours but I'm kind of hoping that we'll be able to travel to DTD relatively easily from the restaurant then onto Pop, does anyone know how late they run??

Thanks everyone :love: xx

Can't help with the bus schedule (tho someone surely will know those times) but will say that you planned well and should have an exciting 11 days!!

Looks like you have a great plan. We always allow at least 1 hr to get to park restuarants and ones that you can get to by Monorail. Other than that you will need to allow alot more time as you will have to bus to DTD or to Transportation center and then to the resort you need. So maybe 1 1/2 hours for those :sunny:

We were pleasantly surprised by the food at the Pop food court. However, we were not very happy with the taste of the pizza. They did have "sack" lunches in the coolers at Pop so you could grab a couple of those if you don't care for the pizza.

The flatbreads were great (try the beef bean and bleu). I heard people raving about the chicken alfredo. The burgers were good too.

You should be fine w/ the evening meals in Epcot, especially. We were the only POP guests on our bus at 10:30 one night. They combined us with another resort but there were transportation people with walkie-talkies asking where you were going and a bus pulled up about 10 minutes later.

Assuming at least one park is still open when you are finished with dinner, just take the bus to that park and then the Pop bus from there.

You can always transfer at DTD. PI is open until 2:00, so the buses run back forth from the resorts. We had a 9:00 ADR at Flying Fish and made it back to POP without any problem!

Also, what time will you be back from you adventures on the darkside? Maybe a CS would still be open at DTD, you could call Disney Dining and ask. Save yourself from cold pizza!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter