Trip planned for April 13th...would you cancel??

I dont think that the emergency will be over. The CDC just came out with a recommendaton that all groups of 50 or more should be banned for the next 8 weeks so that does not bode well for WDW. I am p;ersonally writing off 2020 as a WDW vacation year and will try again in 2021.

Last edited:
Not sure what to do?!?
I wonder what the odds are of parks being open by then?????? 🤔

50/50.

No way to know today, until nation sees the virus play out. A lot of unknown factors in your info here, Are you solo, with family, with elderly or with anyone who is compromised? Will you return to anyone who is elderly or compromised? If you or anyone gets sick do you want to be away from home?

I would cancel for peace of mind and reschedule. No reason to put yourself (family) in harm's way if things get worse.

We’re going to cancel our April trip and hope we can do Spring Break next year. This is a serious crisis and it is doubtful we would enjoy ourselves anyway. Our state has shut down restaurants and bars, people are losing their jobs, schools are closed, and sadly people are dying. Our little trip is really pretty insignificant in the face of all that is happening so as disappointing as it is we will celebrate the fact that we have been fortunate enough to have had many wonderful trips to Disney and will likely have many more in the future. Luckily Disney has made it easy to cancel and we will not suffer financially.

I know I'm going to have to cancel my trip starting 4/19, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. I booked a contingency vacation yesterday for the first week of June. With the virus and the markets, who knows if that trip will even happen. Yet booking it gave me a little bit of normalcy. As silly as it is, I had a happy little moment booking the one ADR I want, Tusker House.

They are sending all of the CP's home. Disney couldn't open by that day if they wanted to

Our trip is scheduled for April 18th. We do not plan to cancel/reschedule until we know for 100% certainty that the parks will be closed. We're not feeling confident and are preparing ourselves to be ready to cancel. 😢

We've got a trip planned for July that I'm most likely going to cancel. I'd definitely cancel a trip 4 weeks from now. No way my wife would let us go since we've got two people in the family who are at higher risk of serious complications from coronavirus.

I can’t tell you what to do but I would also consider other factors when making your decision beyond whether Disney is open or not. Do you have to fly? Some workplaces are asking people to self quarantine even after domestic travel. Would you want your kids missing any additional school time off if school is back? Will you be financially impacted if non essential businesses close? It’s such a hard choice! I feel so sad for so many affected people right now in so many different ways!

Took the words right out of my mouth! These are my thoughts exactly.

We’re going to cancel our April trip and hope we can do Spring Break next year. This is a serious crisis and it is doubtful we would enjoy ourselves anyway. Our state has shut down restaurants and bars, people are losing their jobs, schools are closed, and sadly people are dying. Our little trip is really pretty insignificant in the face of all that is happening so as disappointing as it is we will celebrate the fact that we have been fortunate enough to have had many wonderful trips to Disney and will likely have many more in the future. Luckily Disney has made it easy to cancel and we will not suffer financially.

I have a trip for September that I'm on the fence about canceling. Right now I'm waiting to see what happens.

If I had one in April I would definitely cancel.

Cancel. Free yourself mentally of it, I would be absolutely shocked if it’s open at all in April, May is even questionable, IMO.

I think there’s almost 0 chance April trips are happening. Anyone who says otherwise has not been playing close attention to this pandemic IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter