Trip planned for April 13th...would you cancel??

I’m supposed to be going down for the Star Wars race weekend, April 16-19. I’ve basically resigned myself to it not happening at this point, but I am going to wait until Disney confirms before I cancel anything.

Chances are if WDW reopens it won't be all 4 parks at once. I'm thinking it would be MK only - with no grand mid-day parade as we know it but possibly something - for a very short time and then selected other parks as staffing ramps up.

Like others posted, I'm waiting until Disney officially announces they will be closed in April and or SW cancels my flights so I can get a refund rather than a credit.

We are supposed to arrive May 26. I'm not planning on canceling at the moment because we are booked with a free dining bounceback. Does anyone know what the chances would be of Disney honoring our discount if we were to reschedule?
We are booked with the same bounce back, I’m ok with moving it but all the alternate dates I check it’s gonna cost 1000’s more for the same package and I’m not sure we’ll be able to swing it with everything that’s going on😢

I would cancel. We were supposed to be there this week and cancelled the day before they announced closure anyway. We have a trip planned 7/2-7/7 and im not even sure about that one the way things are going...

If you don’t find it too stressful I would wait and see. We have a trip booked April 29th to May 11th and while I don’t particularly believe Disney will be open, flights will be normal and the Canadian government will lift our travel advisory, I am holding out to see if by some miracle everything falls into place so we can go. This is the last thing I would ever have thought about interrupting vacation plans.

I'm not cancelling yet. But, I do not hold out too much confidence we'll go ( park closure).
And I didn't even consider this a few weeks ago.

We are supposed to fly down to Disney on April 28th. I'm pretty sure everything is going to be closed especially when they just said today it looks like we are still about 8 weeks out from seeing any kind of improvements in the curve

A friend of mine works at Shanghai DL and she’s on day 53 of being closed...she says that Shanghai as a town is slowly waking up as if they were in hibernation...I can totally see the CDC 8+ weeks...

Last edited:
I think they could. All the part timers would actually get decent hours. There are periods of time between CP semesters, and they manage during those times just fine.

CPs are pretty much consistently there.

With the spring and fall advantage programs overlapping during summer and staggered arrival and departure dates in fall and spring programs, there are usually always CPs working.

I think it would be very difficult for them
to reopen without CP support.

Last edited:
We have reservations starting 4/1. Though I agree with everyone that this will last beyond April, we haven't canceled as of yet. Our banking of points deadline is 3/31. We are hoping that if resorts and parks remain closed though the month of April that everyone will be given ample notice. I agree with some of the posters that if they reopen April 1st, we will be going.

I don't see WDW opening before Memorial Day Weekend. If they even open in May at all.

We have reservations toward the end of April. At this point, while I doubt the parks will be open by then, I'm not cancelling anything until Disney announces their final plans.
I also would expect that if they reopen, it will be in phases.

The way things are trending if the parks are able to open by the end of the year we will be very lucky

NY governor just said New York isn’t expected to peak until at least 45 days from now, and they will be short 50,000 hospital beds at that time

There is no conceivable way that Disney World will be open in April. There’s a greater chance of Mickey Mouse bursting out from your kitchen sink to give you $25,000 than Disney World reopening any time in April. It’ll be an absolute miracle if Disney World opens back up in May with the CDC’s current recommendations.

Here’s the reality Incase some are still in Disney denial ( and that’s OK, I would be to )

These parks aren’t opening for at least 60 more days. At least. If your trip is in September, I’d say keep it. Other then that, I wouldn’t

Now if you can refund it up to 30 days or a week out, by all means keep it until then

That’s just my opinion.

I'm in NJ. We expect the peak to hit in 4-6 weeks with the following 4-6 weeks to be really bad.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter