• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip planning videos

stindall

DIS Veteran
I know they don’t send the DVD’s anymore, can anyone recommend something similar? My dad, step mom, and step brother are going in February. My dad hasn’t been since 2009, step brother has never been (he is autistic, doesn’t handle waiting well), and step mom hasn’t been for a long long time. My dad wanted something to hype them up!

Who needs anything other than The Dis channels? :P

Most recent official one I could find is 2019:

Other than that, watch some of the Disney vloggers, like all the folks from The Dis, Dis Unplugged, etc., or people like Tim Tracker, Adam the Woo, Paging Mr. Morrow, etc.

YouTube has basically taken over as Disney's trip planning video department. :)
The nice thing is that you can search for videos for "first-timers"/"first trip" etc. or you can search for specific resorts, parks, needs, wants that your group is interested in and find videos that will give you info on just those topics, too. :)

YouTube has basically taken over as Disney's trip planning video department. :)
The nice thing is that you can search for videos for "first-timers"/"first trip" etc. or you can search for specific resorts, parks, needs, wants that your group is interested in and find videos that will give you info on just those topics, too. :)

Yes I watch tons of youtube videos, but I know they won't want to watch multiple, just one big general overview would be best for them.

Yes I watch tons of youtube videos, but I know they won't want to watch multiple, just one big general overview would be best for them.
Maybe someone who has done a series of a few short videos for new guests? That might be roughly equivalent to the same amount of viewing time as the old DVDs?? I recently saw some of that nature by both Frugal Brit and Beyond the Kingdoms, although the Frugal Brit ones were done pre-Covid, I believe, while the BtK ones were just done within this past month.
Disney did have their official planning guide on YouTube back in 2019. It was 49 minutes long. So perhaps a few newer videos combined might be roughly the same amount of running time?? Best of luck!

We love Allears.net and the Disney Food Blog
Agree and Disney dining, The Dis and the rest of their YouTube channels have great information.
With YouTube, I don't think Disney is putting out their planning video any longer. At least I haven't seen it for about 2 years.

I remember telling my wife before our trip last November how weirdly excited I would be if we ran into Tim Tracker since we watch a lot of their videos the past few years. The first day of our trip at Hollywood Studios we met him and his wife. Super nice people and very informative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter