trip price sound reasonable??

richj34

Earning My Ears
i have been reading this site, the mousesavers site, and some other sites.
i am reading about codes, and understand that the code are for room only.

here is my question: does my package price sound reasonable or should i buy an AP and go that route??

i have a DC memebership.

my trip will be 1/4/02 to 1/10/02, with roundtrip air from philadelphia, transfers, rent a car for 3 days,
deluxe magic plan (all meals, $100 mickey dollars,cirque de solei, etc)
grand floridian resort for my girlfriend and I. the total for us is $4613.

does that sound ok??

thanks for your time,

rich

This sounds a little high. Have your priced your hotel and air separtely? The only fixed expenses in a disney vacation are the disney park passes. Every other expense like hotel, air, food, can be done reasonably if you have the time to plan your own vacation and make your own separate reservations for hotel and air. I would definitely get the APs to help you get a good rate on the GF. If you search this website, you can find prices for most expenses at disney (like circ tickets, restaurant prices, hotels. Good luck.

AP rates haven't come out yet for Jan, but should be out any day. I would wait. I think what happens with those plans is that they include so much that you couldn't possibly do all the things they include (and not in six days). I would book everything separately!!!

I'm willing to bet that you can beat that price, perhaps considerably, if you price items yourself separately. We have always priced everything separately and generally spent in about half of what you're planning to spend on the package. In general, those packages are way overpriced.

I am going to Disney on 1/5 - 1/13/01 from Philly and you can definetly beat that price if you are willing to do some of your own bookings. Round trip air from PHL to MCO is only $140 round trip on USAIR (direct flight) until early Feb. 2002. Check their site frequently, but especially on Wednesday AMs. Book over the internet. My National car rental is $198. (total)for 8 days (using info from mousesavers site). This is for Emerald Isle, full size car. We are renting a 6 bedroom house less than 2 miles from Disney, splitting with three families, that is costing us $400. each. The house is from www.vrbo.com. There are lots of Disney hotels right now with seasonal discounts. I am not sure about all the Disney things included in your deluxe package. It is much less expensive to decide what you want to do in the time you are there and paying for only what you want to do! Join the Disney Club, especially if staying on site. If you join on the internet you will get your membership # in 24 - 48 hours. My family's trip (husband, myself and two year old) is costing us less than $1,600 without our meals and spending money. I figure that we will spend about $100 a day eating. We will eat breakfast and snacks at the house. Also- we got two $50 gift cards with our 5 day hopper tickets, which I turned into Disney dollars. Good luck. If you like finding bargains, check this site because it has saved me lots of $$$$$s!

Disnee Dad Says......................................................... If you book your own plan you save a lot of money. That said, if I change my own oil I save a lot of money, but I prefer to let someone else do it. Some people like a package deal, real easy, no hassle. But I think you can beat this deal by 30%, and get it under $3000. If I had to pay $4613 to "change my oil", I would not prefer to have someone else do it!!!!!!!

thank you all for your input.
i will price everything separately and see what happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter