Trip Report 12/02

Brina78

Mouseketeer
Hello, again!
My sister and I went by ourselves once more and this time was much better than on November 11. Ironically, another Friday, but we were able to get in Pirates and Haunted Mansion!

Starting off with getting into the park at around noon (got a late start with some morning errands!), and the first thing I noticed after entering Main Street was a stage with chairs. It looked like for some sort of concert, but there was no one around to ask. We headed to Space Mountain to get a Fast Pass. The return time read 3:20 and 4:20. Good time! We then went off to head straight to New Orleans Square, stopping first in Frontierland to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We couldn't get a Fast Pass yet (because of SM's Fast Pass), but the Standby line was only a 15 minute wait. I clocked it at only 8 minutes. Oh, well. Not bad at all.

Afterward, we continued to New Orleans Square to ride POTC. It was a 10 minute line. I clocked it at 8 again. This was funny. We got the very back of the boat and the seat had a puddle on it! I sat down and my rear got a big wet spot! The boat moved up and stopped to let the second boat load. I looked to the row in front of us and saw it was one girl. I then looked to the ride operator and shouted if we could move up to the next seat. The girl nodded and said to do so quickly. Quickly, yes, but not a good idea. We climbed over the seat and as I moved, I heard a squeak noise. It was also wet and my sneaker slipped! I fell hard into the seat and my hand pushed into the girl in the next row! I apologized and patted her back. She wasn't upset, but she probably thought I was some wacko!

After POTC, I tried to pull down my shirt over the water stain; didn't want people to think I wet myself! We headed over to Haunted Mansion to see there was a bit of a wait. We were getting very hungry by then and decided to go eat somewhere. Mexican food all of sudden sounded good, so we went to Rancho Del Zocalo in Frontierland. The way we split saves big on money. We got the Combination platter of two cheese enchiladas, one taco of your choice (we got fish) and beans and rice and one drink. With my passport discount, it only came to $12.53. It fills us up yet we don't feel full!

Then, it was back over to HM. The line was still long, but it moved quickly. The thing I don't care too much about the change to Nightmare Before Christmas is it's brighter in there. For example, when riding up the staircase at the very beginning. I realized why the ride stops the way it does. It's to load the handicapped onto the Doom Buggies. All this time I thought it was due to crowded days. The ride stopped just past where Zero is seen floating. The Doom Buggy in front of us got his view clearly, so we were stuck in-between the hallway. To make matters worse, it was COLD in there!

After HM, we took a walk into Critter Country to check out the lines for Splash Mountain and Winnie the Pooh. Splash was currently broken and the line looked a little long for Pooh, which was a bit of a shock to us. We decided to make a detour to Adventureland to ride Indiana Jones. The line was about 25 minutes and I clocked it about right. This time, we went through the right tunnel, we have chosen wisely...until we looked into the Forbidden Eye! I believe I have now gone through each tunnel. :)

By then, it was time to head over to Space Mountain. We cut through Sleeping Beauty Castle to loop around the Tomorrowland side of the Matterhorn. We were curious to see how crowded it was. Ummmm...I think they permanently did away with a line on the Fantasyland side. It looked too long to deal with, so we continued through Club Buzz and over to SM.

We got to the Fast Pass entrance about 5 minutes early and had to wait. At that time, my sister called our friend, Wally, up in Studio City to check on dinner plans later on. He said whenever we got there was fine. Believe it or not, I was ready to go after SM. It had nothing to do with the semi-crowds. I was SO tired!

On SM, we got row 4, or the front of the second cart with no one behind us. Might have been a bad day for it, or perhaps a good day! We were jostled and jolted and the G-forces were more tremendous than usual! I truly felt the power that ride has! The picture came out hilarious. My sister looked like she was ready to take a flying leap off a cliff while I had this sadistic expression on my face. Needless to say, we were very pleased with the ride this time around.

After SM, we got in line for Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters. The line ended up being longer than we thought and I wasn't up to doing it. We walked out and headed for Main Street to hop over to DCA. On the way out, I stopped to look at the stage with chairs once more, and this time, asked a CM what it was for. The CM told me it was for a concert with candle lighting for this weekend only, or December 2 and 3. That sounded lovely, and I was off on Saturday, but I had a strong feeling it would be very crowded. Besides, my sister had to work.

We left to check out DCA, heading to Soarin' first. The line looked too long, so we went to get a Fast Pass to return between 4:40 and 5:40. We headed toward Grizzly River Run where we stopped at the gift shop to ask if they sold ponchos for the ride. It was my sister that was interested, not me. I had no desire to get wet. Besides, my backside was dry by then!

Along the path, Chip briefly walked with us. He had just stepped away from doing a hoe-down dance with some musicians, audience members and his brother, Dale. He looked like he was trying to get away, but had to stop to take pictures with people running up to him. We kept walking and felt a little pity for the poor guy!

Next, it was to check out the line for California Screamin' and it looked a little too long to wait for. We headed in the circle past Mali-boomer and over to the Orange Stinger where we decided to ride it for the first time. It was pretty fun, but it gets COLD as you fly around inside that thing!

We still had time before Soarin' and a corndog started to sound good. Again, we split one corndog and a lemonade at the Corndog Castle place. I really didn't like it, or we got one at a bad time. The corn part was burnt and hard to chew. Honestly wasn't worth the $7 and change.

Soarin' was over and done with (but always a great ride) and it was then we decided to leave for good. It was after 6 p.m. and I wasn't sure how the traffic would be on the 5 North to the Hollywood 101. After the horrendous bumper to bumper lunacy, we got to Wally's house a little after 7. Emily, another friend of my sister's, was there and the four of us piled into Wally's Mustang to go eat at Barone's Italian Restaurant. Friday is Karaoke night and there were some great singers on the stage. Wally got up to sing "It's Only Love" because the song has only been driving him nuts for days.

My sister and I didn't get home till after midnight, but it was all in all a very nice day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter