Trip report: Behind the scenes tour -- Polar Expedition

My 18yr old daughter is a Science major in college. She'd love this. I think I will keep it a surprise. She wanted to swim with the dolphins but the price scared her off. This sounds let it is affordable. Our trip will be only adults.

Just an FYI. I was checking out the Polar Tour at the Sea World site and they now list the price as $15.00 for adults and $12.00 for kids ages 3-9.

We did this in January and really enjoyed it. Our guide was Kelley and she was great. It was very interesting. It was one of the highlights of our visit to SeaWorld.

**update** I just called to inquire about the discount offered to gold passport members & was advised the discount is now only $1 !:(

was hoping to do the polar exhibit next weekend but $30 is out of my budget

Barry, I know you wrote this and I noticed the name of this tour has changed. Has anything else changed about it? Thanks a bunch, Barry!

We did this tour at SW last week after reading about it on this site. The description at the beginning of this thread is extremely accurate still. The SW website listed the cost as $16, but Feb is still considered off-season, so it was only $10/adult and $8/child. Petting the penguin was a highlight of our trip (don't stand directly behind them as they are "projectile poopers" and of course our penguin demonstrated that while I was petting him!). We also learned lots of other info about other polar animals. It is worth the time (1 hour) and money to experience this!

We did this tour last week and booked in advance with the big $1.00 AAA ;) discount. We felt $15.00 per person was a bit high for this tour. The description at the beginning of this thread is accurate and we did learn some interesting things. However, our tour was late in the day (3:40) so we felt like we were scheduling around it and weren't able to see as many shows.

Our group was not the greatest either so that kind of put a damper on it. One family had 4 very out of control kids, another had a mentally diabled adult that his own family made fun of most of the time (making demeaning remarks) and another had a 10 year old handicapped child with his family.

We were surprised the tour director didn't even take the time to wait for the handicapped child to get off the bus before starting her explanation in the penquin area....... Disney would never do that.

We did enjoy it but next time we'll hope for a better group and a lower price!

Admission is not included with the tours. You have to enter the front gates with a valid Sea World admission to take the tour.

The AP discount isn't any better. It's a whole two dollars.

Hi!

We booked a one hour tour by calling 1 (800) 406-2244 for more information and reservations. I just made reservations for the Polar Expedition Tour in October. On Oct 2nd it is $10 per adult minus our tiny $1 passholder discount, but on Oct 3rd the price goes up $3.

Does anyone know what times the Polar Expedition tour starts, especially in the slow season? We plan on getting there at 9am to get in the first group, but we are going to the Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom that night and don't want to be at Sea World all day. We would like to be going back to the Beach Club by noon. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Thanks!!
Liz ::MickeyMo

Hiya,

I read through the thread...I think the tour sounds great but has anyone been lately? I'm wondering if there's a better time of day to do it or if anyone has any comments about if it's changed.

Thanks a bunch. :banana:

Beth pixiedust:

tinkerbeth said:
Hiya,

I read through the thread...I think the tour sounds great but has anyone been lately? I'm wondering if there's a better time of day to do it or if anyone has any comments about if it's changed.

Thanks a bunch. :banana:

Beth pixiedust:
Hello!
My family and I went November 26 ( a Saturday). We took the earliest tour because we didn't want to break up our day too much. It was really fun. We went behind the scenes of the beluga whale, some seal or otter animal, and saw alot of "backstage" stuff. We also saw a polar bear and got to feel a polar bear fur, also they showed a short film about Polar bears. Then they took us on a little bus to see/pet the penguin(s). That was the coolest part and very worth it too us.
If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask. I know I'm probably forgetting something.
Hope this helps!!
Kimba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter