Trip Report for 12/30/05

eatmypixiedust

<font color=blue><marquee>I'm coming to you live f
My sibs and I took an out of town guest to Disneyland for their very first visit. We arrived at the entrance to the parking structure at 7:23am and traffic was stopped for the longest time. We were not able to reach the parking structure booth until 8am! We parked in Daisy so the parking wasn't quite so full yet. I had a feeling that the parks would be crowded but since this guest is only in town for 1 or 2 more days, we decided to take him today. There was a huge sign saying: "Disneyland will be busy! Please plan your visit!" DCA was packed as well. We were able to ride on Buzz Lightyear (5 minute standby), Space Mountain (fast passed for 10:20am), Small World (10 minute standby), Matterhorn (15-20 minute standby), along with Indiana Jones (fast pass for 3:20pm).

*Longest Lines:

-Haunted Mansion (65 minute standby around noon)
-Big Thunder Mountain (50 minute standby around 1pm)
-Splash Mountain (2 hour standby around 1:45pm)
-Space Mountain (11am the standby was around an hour wait. It was closed around the early afternoon for some reason :confused3)
-Pirates (took us about 45 minutes for standby. No fast pass machines for this ride in sight. What happend to them? )

Space mountain closed around 4 pm for some odd reason. The entrance to Adventureland from Main St, was blocked off with park benches. We were able to cut through Frontierland to get to Adventureland by going past the 1st shop facing the entrance of Frontierland from Main St. and ATM/phone in Frontierland, but they soon blocked that way as well. The park was packed but I'm not sure if it exceeded maximum capacity like those of you who went to DL on Dec. 9th.

If you plan on going to the parks tomorrow or New Year's day, prepare for the worst....especially with the 50th and for the new year's celebration. We all had a good time and were able to ride the rides we wanted to. We left the park early around 5 or 6pm, having finished everything early.

*Here's some photos of the Pirates line <taken from the balcony of the Disney Art Gallery>:

64d32848.jpg

67c6d893.jpg

-The line started from the bottom staircase in front of the Haunted Mansion entrance. Crazy! :confused3

Thanks for the report. I was considering taking a spur of the moment trip down there since we have a three day weekend. Maybe another time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter