Trip Report - July 19 to July 24

OneThree

DIS Veteran
Just returned from DLR and a stay at the DLH. This was a rescheduled trip as our spring break 2020 trip was cancelled due to COVID.

This was our third stay at the DLH. What can I say. We just love this hotel. We were under the impression that only the Fantasy tower was being used but guests were in the Adventure tower as well. That was kind of frustrating since we were under the impression capacity was being limited.

The hotel, pool, Tangeroa Terrace, etc… did not seem crowded.

We had park hopper tickets and rope dropped three days in total. Two at DL and one at CA. If you were under the impression that capacity was limited at the parks as well, like we were, I’d dispense with that idea. To me the parks seemed just as busy as our previous spring break trip.

Our first rope drop day guests were held at the end of Main Street. The second was at the entrance to the individual lands. Despite the parks being busy and feeling crowded, especially by noon, we were able to ride all the rides we wanted to, scored boarding passes for RoftR and Web Slingers, and never waited in a line longer than 45 minutes.

While we never waited more than 45 minutes there certainly were rides with waits in excess of 60, or in the case of RSR, 90 minutes. POTC often had a queue by mid day that stretched to HM. HM often had a queue that snaked around the fountain in New Orleans Square. We did frequently find that wait times on the app did not match reality and for the better. Indy was often shorter, same for Jungle Cruise, BTMRR, Smugglers Run, GotG.

We used mobile order frequently and thankfully never had an issue. We placed orders well ahead of when we wanted the food and tried to dine in off times to avoid the lunch or dinner crowds.

It was a great trip and it was so nice to be back in Disneyland!

9AF98047-F11B-4A40-B473-40FFB0E29CD3.jpeg

Thanks for the trip report, looks like a fun time! Love the Mickey firework photo! We'll be going in November and I'm a little concerned about boarding passes and mobile ordering for food, glad it worked out for you. Just made our park reservations today, did you have to show park ticket and reservations? Just wondering if I should print them all or trust my cell phone service?

Thanks for the trip report, looks like a fun time! Love the Mickey firework photo! We'll be going in November and I'm a little concerned about boarding passes and mobile ordering for food, glad it worked out for you. Just made our park reservations today, did you have to show park ticket and reservations? Just wondering if I should print them all or trust my cell phone service?
I just linked my tickets to the Disneyland app and then they scanned the tickets at the front gate and printed a paper ticket right there at the gate. No need to show anything for reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter