Trip Report - Spirit of America, Oct 10-17, 2008

Kidoctr

Mouseketeer
We were Disney addicts even before our ABD but now we're going to be ABD addicts as well! :rotfl: We took our first ABD a month ago (DH, myself, 9DS, 11DD, MIL, and FIL) and can't wait until our next one! My trip report is done but I only have 3 days with pictures so far:

ABD Spirit of America - Day 1 - Oklahoma City to Philadelphia
ABD Spirit of America - Day 2 - Philadelphia
ABD Spirit of America - Day 3 - Philadelphia to Washington DC

If you'd like to read ahead without the pictures:

Day 4 - Washington DC
Day 5 - Washington DC
Day 6 - Washington DC to Williamsburg
Day 7 - Williamsburg
Day 8 - Williamsburg to OKC and summary

My pictures (all of them) are here: kidoctr.smugmug.com/travel

BEWARE: my trip reports are very detailed. I've read in other threads where some people were sworn to secrecy regarding some special "touches" or "surprises" on their trip. We were never told to keep anything secret so I have blogged about every detail of our trip. Happy Reading! I'm happy to answer any questions and will try to finish adding pictures soon....

Eve (dreaming about ABD Northern California - Golden Path to Yosemite in 2009) :dance3:

I haven't looked yet, however I'm very excited to take a look. I'm interested in the Adventures by Disney vacations. This one in particular stood out as something I may enjoy being a history major it seems like it would be a really fun trip. Maybe when I get back from WDW i'll look into it. For now I'm gonna check out your trip report...very exciting :thumbsup2 popcorn::

I haven't looked yet, however I'm very excited to take a look. I'm interested in the Adventures by Disney vacations. This one in particular stood out as something I may enjoy being a history major it seems like it would be a really fun trip. Maybe when I get back from WDW i'll look into it. For now I'm gonna check out your trip report...very exciting :thumbsup2 popcorn::
That was one of the reasons we went - I live with 2 history buffs (DH and FIL). Myself, I hated history in school but the Spirit of America tour was SO cool! I wish I had learned history like that when I was in school. I hope my kids learned a lot! :rolleyes1

Hi Kidoctr
What a great TR and photos!! Thanks for such a detailed report. We are thinking of doing either this one or the Southwest Splendors but think we will wait for our kids to get a bit older since so much history is involved with this one. Thanks again.

Hi Kidoctr
What a great TR and photos!! Thanks for such a detailed report. We are thinking of doing either this one or the Southwest Splendors but think we will wait for our kids to get a bit older since so much history is involved with this one. Thanks again.

Thanks! My kids were aged 9 and 11 - good ages for this kind of trip. The youngest in our group was 6 but the average was definitely a bit older in the 9-10 range. There were a couple of teenagers as well.

Hi! Thank-you very much for doing this very detailed report- it's AMAZING!!! I sooooooooooooooo want to do an ABD, but I need ammunition- more than just, "Of COURSE it's awesome...it's DISNEY!!!", so THANK-YOU for all the details and photos!!!

Can't wait until you post more,
Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter