Trip reports from Canadians....

sillyminny

Love Disney World. Love Survivor and Idol shows as
If you have posted a trip report let us know as not all of us visit everyone board here all the time! Welcome back to all of you!

and then half way through....zap computer went down, is that frustrating or what:mad:
I was on to day 3 of the trip...but I will post again when I get some quiet time tonight (at work right now). I'll try and post a link, but I will let my Cdn. friends know it's there.
has anyone hear from Grover yet?

Hi everyone.

We returned from our trip last night. 7 very full and exhausting but wonderful days at WDW.

Because of these boards, we got 7 day park hoppers for the very 1st time and used it all up!!!!!

When we arrived on day 1, we were able to check in early and headed to Epcot for the rest of the afternoon and evening. It wasn't too busy there. The girls were able to make their masks and colour and decorate them so we'd be ready for the Tapestry of Dreams parade. It was a real treat especially since we had never caught the Tapestry of Nations parade before. When the dream seekers came around with their net, I had the girls wave their masks and jump up and down a little so that they could punch out their special dreams from the mask and place it in the dream seekers nets. They were very excited. It was a very nice start to our vacation.

We had one very hot day at MK. One rainy day at MK but we were ready for it. The rest of the days were very comfortable.

Except for one day, the crowds were not bad. The line ups ranged from 5 min. to 20 min. We used fast pass for anything longer than 20 min.

We stayed off-site at HIFS and because it was so close to WDW, there were a few days where we returned for a nap (dd's did not nap in their strollers this yr) and went back to the parks later.
One of our evening returns was to see Fantasmic. I love this show and think its worth the wait.
Another night, we ate dinner at O'hana's at the Polynesian. Our favourite dinner spot. Then did some resort touring.
Another evening, we went to Downtown Disney where our kids can't get enough of lego land and where dh and I have to have something rich tasting at Giradelli's (?SP). We each had some white chocolate mocha and the kids had chocolate shakes.
mmmm. very, very, extremely rich tasting.

I think we must have got a picture with almost every character at every park this yr. dd's are 4 and 2 1/2. Last yr. younger dd was so terrified of all the characters that even during breakfast at CRT, I had to take her aside while all the characters chatted with other dd. This yr. she gave everyone a big hug and wouldn't let go. She and piglet even had a nose rub. I was getting so efficient at taking pictures quickly during the hugs that sometimes the characters didn't realize I had snapped the picture already so I'd get another with a good pose. dd's even posed with villians this yr.

AK was also a first for me this yr. The tree of life is amazing. The shows in this park are really good too. The girls had a chance to participate in Festival of the Lion King but were too shy to accept.
We also sat in front of the railings at Tarzan Rocks and had the roller skaters whizzing right by in front of us and got some high fives and special attention from them. It was a nice surprise because we had never seen this show before and didn't know what to expect.

One of our favourite shows at MK is Cinderella's surprise celebration seen at the forecourt. There are so many characters in this show and it was so sweet watching dd's getting so excited and pointing out each character as they came out.
Another treat was seeing Belle reading out her story at Fairytale gardens. dd's wanted to be part of the story but unfortunately didn't get chosen.

Every night, we passed out totally exhausted. No down time this yr.

I don't know when our next visit will be. This was our 3rd yr. in row. Each yr. dh says we won't be returning for a long time, maybe when dd's are 9 yrs old. But, every yr we end up going;)
This yr. he said the same thing but funny thing is in the same breath, he says if we win a million we will go back right away and stay on-site. I'm going to check my lottery tickets now.

Hi Wendy-I'm back!!
I will post a trip report when I get some time-I think it's gonna be a long one!!
Sounds like you had a great trip Disneyfunseeker!! Perhaps we crossed paths!! We too went morning to night! Glad to hear you had a fantastic time!
Grover in Winnipeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter