Trip Reports Please for July & August 2023

Mama Bear Me2

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! For those visiting in July and August 2023, please share your trip reports if you have time. Wondering what it's like in BOTH parks during those months. Thanks in advance and happy travels. :)

Hi Everyone! For those visiting in July and August 2023, please share your trip reports if you have time. Wondering what it's like in BOTH parks during those months. Thanks in advance and happy travels. :)
Sure!! I have an August trip! I will be happy to do a trip report.

July is always better than August.

July is the #1 month I recommend to visitors. It has the smallest crowds all year, the longest park hours, the fullest entertainment schedule, and the best "vacation" weather.

Weird. We're thinking about a July or August visit so I've been researching a bit and was just reading on a couple of DL blogger sites about best/worst times to visit. They were saying August was less crowded than July, especially mid to late August, and was the better time to go. But you're a local who goes all the time (I think that's correct) and you are seeing the opposite in person. Inclined to believe you since you've had good info warning about October insanity, just confused why they recommend August. :confused3

July is always better than August.

July is the #1 month I recommend to visitors. It has the smallest crowds all year, the longest park hours, the fullest entertainment schedule, and the best "vacation" weather.

We have done DL in late August 5 times since 2011 and it is my favourite time to go! We aim for the last or second to last full week before Labour Day since many of the US kids are back at school and Canadian ones don't go back until the day after Labour Day.

There are some negatives to going at this time, it is hot and unless you plan carefully you will be there when HM is down for the changeover to HMH. On the whole we find that the lower crowds offset the negative. Also, it is really fun to have one last Disney fix before school!

Weird. We're thinking about a July or August visit so I've been researching a bit and was just reading on a couple of DL blogger sites about best/worst times to visit. They were saying August was less crowded than July, especially mid to late August, and was the better time to go. But you're a local who goes all the time (I think that's correct) and you are seeing the opposite in person. Inclined to believe you since you've had good info warning about October insanity, just confused why they recommend August. :confused3

The #1 thing that affects crowd levels at DLR is the Annual Pass blockout calendar. That's it. There are 4 tiers of Magic Keys. The vast majority of keyholders hold the lower 2 tiers (the cheapest general public one and the So Cal resident one). When those 2 passes, and to a lesser extent, the next one up the chain, are unblocked, it gets PACKED. This also explains why weekends (year round) are less busy than weekdays. Those lower tier passes are blocked out most weekends (and I think ALL Saturdays). Saturdays are the best days at the parks almost all year.

Those 2 lower level passes are blocked out for the entire month of July. You are only getting vacationers and Inspire key holders, and the occasional local day guests. The passes unblock around mid August, and all those people who couldn't come all summer come flocking in.

With that said, Disney just released a CA resident discount multi day ticket good over the summer. This throws a wrench in the crowd forecast predictions. BUT, it also means their visitor projections for the summer are low. It remains to be seen what this July will actually look like. Seems to be a "soft" summer overall for Disney parks, though.

The #1 thing that affects crowd levels at DLR is the Annual Pass blockout calendar.... Those 2 lower level passes are blocked out for the entire month of July. You are only getting vacationers and Inspire key holders, and the occasional local day guests. The passes unblock around mid August, and all those people who couldn't come all summer come flocking in.

Great info, this explains so much. I knew that blockout days affected the weekends, but had no idea that so many passholders are blocked for so much of the summer! That probably explains why even with hotel rates that are cheaper in August than July, the parks can be busier with all the locals back. Thanks DLGal!

Thanks to those who agreed to share trip reports. Looking forward to living vicariously through you. Happy and safe travels!

Thanks to those who shared their wisdom and expertise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter