Trip to Boston and New York

Oh there's also just walking around Harvard Square even if she's not going to apply there--the yard is beautiful and there's tons of really great restaurants around. I recommend Boston Burger Company though their burgers are HUGE! They're so good. There's also a Mike's Pastry there and they take credit cards. Very easily accessible on the Red Line.

Thank you everyone for sharing all of these great ideas! Any suggestions what area to stay in Boston? Someplace convenient to restaurants, attractions transportation etc. to be our home base for the first few days of the trip.

Anything in the city is probably going to be pretty expensive (probably $200 a night or more). If you want to throw budget out the window, there's always the Taj, the Omni Parker House, or Park Plaza!

Copley area is a good central location. There's Marriott, Westin and a couple boutique hotels. If you will have a car, you can stay outside of the city and take T into the city. If you search and find hotels in your price range, we can probably tell you more about the area.

When friends visited from Australia a few years ago, they stayed at the Hampton Inn in Cambridge. It's across the street from the Lechmere Green Line station on the MBTA making it very convenient to get into Boston without paying the price of being in Boston.

Going off Copley, most of the hotels right there are connected to the Prudential Center which is basically a mall and a good amount of restaurants so you would also be near plenty of places to eat, right next to stations for the orange and the green line and buses if you are trying to get to something on a bus route.

Going off Copley, most of the hotels right there are connected to the Prudential Center which is basically a mall and a good amount of restaurants so you would also be near plenty of places to eat, right next to stations for the orange and the green line and buses if you are trying to get to something on a bus route.
Also close walking distance if taking Amtrak.

When friends visited from Australia a few years ago, they stayed at the Hampton Inn in Cambridge. It's across the street from the Lechmere Green Line station on the MBTA making it very convenient to get into Boston without paying the price of being in Boston.
That's where we stayed, too. However, the Lechmere station was closed last August. They were having you take a bus to the TD Center, where you could get on the T to go anywhere else. Not a huge deal, but would have been nice to walk to the Lechmere Station and then stay underground until we reached our stop.

The hotel was nice and had free parking.

Lechmere is open again. It was closed for the green line extension project which has been completed (my company worked on the project)

That's where we stayed, too. However, the Lechmere station was closed last August. They were having you take a bus to the TD Center, where you could get on the T to go anywhere else. Not a huge deal, but would have been nice to walk to the Lechmere Station and then stay underground until we reached our stop.

The hotel was nice and had free parking.
It reopened in March as part of the the Green Line extension that now goes to Union Square in Somerville...and the Green Line doesn't actually go underground until North Station and is then only underground until Kenmore or Symphony depending on which branch of the Green Line it is.

Wow, I didn't expect it to be more than NY. We are fine paying $300+ just might have to do fewer days. Or I have a ton of Hhonors points. Just DD and I and we've never been to the area, so safety and convenience are the top concerns. We rarely get away without my son who has special needs, so willing to splurge a bit for a fun, easy sightseeing trip.

I used my Hilton points for the Hampton Inn in Cambridge. It was easy to get around from there.

There isn't much in terms of restaurants around this hotel, though. We ordered Door Dash when we were hungry at night.

If just you and your daughter, I say stay in the city. there's a back bay Hilton across the street from the Prudential center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter