Trivial things people could do in your home that would annoy you?

Try to rearrange things. I have things a certain way because I want them that way. I don’t need my refrigerator alphabetized or my silverware drawer swapped with my utensil drawer. And PLEASE don’t move the extra toilet paper rolls from the cabinet next to the toilet to the cabinet that is across the room!

• Totally rearranging where everything goes in the kitchen cabinets. MIL did this to my BIL & SIL once.
  • Bringing an 8-pack of juice glasses that only hold 4 ounces of liquid and declaring, "Your glasses are way too big and I don't like them. These are for when I come to visit." ...which was twice a year.
  • Demanding to know why there isn't a TV in the guest bedroom.
  • Saying that they're coming to help you with new baby by cooking, helping around the house, etc., and then suggesting we go out to eat for every meal and telling you to hire a maid.
  • Ordering your husband to move a TV into my guest bedroom.
  • Letting their little kids climb all over your furniture with their shoes on.
  • Letting their little kids pick up your cat Lion King-style despite you stating very clearly multiple times to not pick up the cat.
  • Getting mad when you had them over for a dinner celebration for their birthday and they see that there aren't streamers and balloons like the 4 yr old grandchild just had a month prior for the kid's birthday.
  • Telling me flat out that you don't like my backyard and then wondering/getting offended why I don't invite you over that much.
  • Ordering me to put my 14 yr old cat (who is the calmest, sweetest thing on the planet) away out of sight because you're neurotically afraid of cats.
  • Demanding to know just a couple of months after we moved in why we haven't put up curtains yet.

Put recycling in trash or glass in trash.

Glass a tad more understandable as our container for that is out in the garage but it's common to ask if you recycle glass or not.

Recycling is located directly behind the trash in the pull out drawer and obvious.

NBD really just one of those small things

Leaving the doors open (as in, a sliding glass door screen left wide open to the outside). Kids seem to do that all the time.

Eating food and walking around without a plate (I’m looking at you, nephew).

Insisting on keeping muddy sneakers on and tracking mud all over my house (ahem, MIL).

Stopping over without calling or texting first.

Turning on the tv and then - without asking- order a new release movie. I love to get the bill and wonder "who the heck rented -expensive movie" check the date... oh it was my SIL. Drives me crazy. Oh and since she didn't ask... does she pay> nope. never.

• Totally rearranging where everything goes in the kitchen cabinets. MIL did this to my BIL & SIL once.
  • Bringing an 8-pack of juice glasses that only hold 4 ounces of liquid and declaring, "Your glasses are way too big and I don't like them. These are for when I come to visit." ...which was twice a year.
  • Demanding to know why there isn't a TV in the guest bedroom.
  • Saying that they're coming to help you with new baby by cooking, helping around the house, etc., and then suggesting we go out to eat for every meal and telling you to hire a maid.
  • Ordering your husband to move a TV into my guest bedroom.
  • Letting their little kids climb all over your furniture with their shoes on.
  • Letting their little kids pick up your cat Lion King-style despite you stating very clearly multiple times to not pick up the cat.
  • Getting mad when you had them over for a dinner celebration for their birthday and they see that there aren't streamers and balloons like the 4 yr old grandchild just had a month prior for the kid's birthday.
  • Telling me flat out that you don't like my backyard and then wondering/getting offended why I don't invite you over that much.
  • Ordering me to put my 14 yr old cat (who is the calmest, sweetest thing on the planet) away out of sight because you're neurotically afraid of cats.
  • Demanding to know just a couple of months after we moved in why we haven't put up curtains yet.
Stop letting these ppl. into your home.

Pretty much everything my stepdaughter’s boyfriend does.
  1. Turning on surround sound and leaving it on to use up electricity and to rattle the bones of the next person who turns on the TV.
  2. Treats everything as a “teachable moment” when it comes to his political views.
  3. Makes messes in the kitchen.
  4. Smokes weed in the basement... supposedly he quit doing that because my other stepdaughter threatened to tell on him if he didn’t stop.

Reading mail or notes that are laying on a desk......hate it. I started putting everything in a drawer before they come over (one person is the one that does it).

Sit there with their phone or tablet in their face the whole time....why come over then....oh yeah, because I cook for you :rolleyes:

Walking around the house with wet shoes. I tolerate dry shoes (on guests only), but wet shoes makes me want to :furious:

Outside of that I have nothing else - everyone is pretty respectful of our home.

Filing or clipping their nails in shared spaces. Blowing their nose at the table. Making a big show of saying a blessing over the food when others have already started eating. And for special holiday meals (when we DO say a blessing first), insisting on us all holding hands during it (I wash my hands before a meal but I don't know where yours have been).

Wow, I don't know how anyone puts up with me. And I was just getting started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter