Tron AP preview thread

Yes, I agree but if they at least made the information available the day of registration by putting it in the email, many people would have known not to get in line.

And there likely would have been others who didn’t try that would have if dates were announced. As far as I remember, Disney has never announced dates for any AP preview.

Yes, I agree but if they at least made the information available the day of registration by putting it in the email, many people would have known not to get in line.
Only if we received the email before we signed up.
I received my announcement email a few minutes after I received my confirmation email.

For months the internet was saying around 9 days of preview beginning around March 4

Edited to add I'll speculate Disney doesn't.want the complaints from guests who didn't get the reservation date time they planned on getting. Guests who made nonrefundable air when the dates were announced
Huh? That's very different, and in no way WDW's responsibility. Disney told DVC when their dates would be. They should have done the same for AP holders. Even if the info came a day before the sign up or in the sign-up email, that would have been better than signing up blind, which clogged the system.

The current way WDW sets these up has room for improvement. Ideally, every AP holder should have a genuine shot at getting one.

A really simple change would be for WDW to change the sign up link each time in a way that isn't so predictable.

Huh? That's very different, and in no way WDW's responsibility. Disney told DVC when their dates would be. They should have done the same for AP holders. Even if the info came a day before the sign up or in the sign-up email, that would have been better than signing up blind, which clogged the system.

The current way WDW sets these up has room for improvement. Ideally, every AP holder should have a genuine shot at getting one.

A really simple change would be for WDW to change the sign up link each time in a way that isn't so predictable.
A few posters asked why Disney didn't preannounce dates. I speculated a possible reason PERIOD I have no idea if it's the reason nor am I trying to defend.

The event was open for almost 3.5 hours. I think everyone had a chance.

Some try to outsmart queue it. Refreshing and even multiple tabs can disrupt your place in line

Check your communication settings in your Disney account, you may have inadvertently opted out of all communication. I had a setting I needed to change in mine in order for a DVC rep to call and email me.

You need to update preferences to allow emails from Disney Destinations.

Sometimes the emails wind up in junk or even blocked at ISP level.

Nope, Disney communications are often screwed up no matter what your setting’s & preferences are. We’ve been APs for many years. Used to get AP emails all the time. Then it was random, get one, not get the next. Last couple of years, it’s rare to get anything. Our preferences are fine, I’ve checked & rechecked. It’s just another example of Disney’s poor IT department.

Quick question on AP Tron preview process. Having not received any type of email confirmation, I assume the check-in process is the same as the DVC one (check in at front of park for park access etc). After that, what happens? Just proceed to the ride using magic band? The reason I ask is that I have an AP, as does my son and his girlfriend. However, our other son does not. If I wanted my son to be able to ride Tron instead of me, could I just give him my slot and have him use my MB to ride?

Not something I would normally consider, but kind of in a bind on this one.
For Galaxys Edge, you had to show photo ID to get into the land. For GotG we just scanned out ticket/MB. Since the entrance to the queue is something they could block off, I am not sure how they will handle it. I would approach and see what happens.

Quick question on AP Tron preview process. Having not received any type of email confirmation, I assume the check-in process is the same as the DVC one (check in at front of park for park access etc). After that, what happens? Just proceed to the ride using magic band? The reason I ask is that I have an AP, as does my son and his girlfriend. However, our other son does not. If I wanted my son to be able to ride Tron instead of me, could I just give him my slot and have him use my MB to ride?

Not something I would normally consider, but kind of in a bind on this one.

No you can’t let your son use your MB. We have been to a couple of AP previews. They will scan your MB AND check your ID. This is not transferable.

As far as entering the park, there is usually an “event entrance” sign at a tap point. Go in there, then do whatever you want until it’s your time slot. Near the ride entrance, there will be many CMs with hand scanners who will scan your band & check your ID. They definitely make sure the AP reservation & ID match. After that, you’re good to go.

Nope, Disney communications are often screwed up no matter what your setting’s & preferences are. We’ve been APs for many years. Used to get AP emails all the time. Then it was random, get one, not get the next. Last couple of years, it’s rare to get anything. Our preferences are fine, I’ve checked & rechecked. It’s just another example of Disney’s poor IT department.
Absolutely true. My suggestion might help some but not others. The announcement email earlier this week went to my inbox. The email day event registration went live went in my junk folder

No you can’t let your son use your MB. We have been to a couple of AP previews. They will scan your MB AND check your ID. This is not transferable.

As far as entering the park, there is usually an “event entrance” sign at a tap point. Go in there, then do whatever you want until it’s your time slot. Near the ride entrance, there will be many CMs with hand scanners who will scan your band & check your ID. They definitely make sure the AP reservation & ID match. After that, you’re good to go.

When we did Remy and Guardians preview they never checked ID or anything. We scanned band and headed in the area.

The event was open for almost 3.5 hours. I think everyone had a chance.
My understanding was people did not have 3.5 hours. They had to join the electronic queue by 9:20am. THEN they waited in the queue for 3 hours.

The electronic queue officially started at 9am, but unofficially about 8:45am. People who joined WHEN they got the email at 9:30am, were already out of luck. (Some people got it closer to 9am, many never got it.)

The people who joined the electronic queue at 9am then WAITED in limbo for up to 3 hours. Many waited all that time, only to be shut out.

If you weren't in the queue by shortly after 9am, you probably didn't get a pass. So really the sign up was more like 35 minutes, and mostly people who got in the queue before the offical start time.

When we did Remy and Guardians preview they never checked ID or anything. We scanned band and headed in the area.
WDW was very strict with Galaxy's Edge preview. They scanned bands and...I'm not certain if they checked ID, but they asked ID details about each party that was allowed to enter. They were also strict about timing.

We did Galaxy’s Edge & Remy & they absolutely did check ID at both. We had no interest in Guardians so no experience with that one. I don’t think I’d try it, especially a male using a woman’s MB. That will be pretty obvious in most cases.

When I did Remy, they definitely checked our email, my AP, and my ID - we went on 9/16, my bday, no idea how far into previews that was. So, I made sure to have all that when we rode GotG, and they only scanned my MB with an ipad and checked ID even though I had everything else in hand, as did many others around me. We were the first group on the first day. Maybe as the day(s) progressed, they stopped checking ID, but for our group (we were toward the front of the first group) for Guardians, they did. Galaxy’s Edge was strict as well.

We did Galaxy’s Edge & Remy & they absolutely did check ID at both. We had no interest in Guardians so no experience with that one. I don’t think I’d try it, especially a male using a woman’s MB. That will be pretty obvious in most cases.

Guess it would depend on someones name since many gender neutral names out there. We didn't do galaxy edge preview. Remy seemed to be different by the day overall, probably alot ends up on who is working I guess. And they def don't check kids for ids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter