Tron AP preview thread

D23 preview will be on March 18. Perhaps this means passholder previews will either be entirely before or after that date

Bummed that d23 isn't the weekend before. I'll miss it by 3 days. Oh well.

Good luck to you all, I hope you can get your preview!

1st year as a Gold D23. How do you try for a preview? Is the link only on the D23 site? Is something posted here going to be better?

Any tricks or insights appreciated. We actually there that day for a birthday.

Honestly, it drives me crazy that I don’t get either AP or DVC emails, despite every single opt in ticked.
First world problems I know, but despite numerous calls/emails, they can’t sort this out.
Thank goodness for threads like this. It’s how I got GOTG and travelling from the U.K. is an expensive business!

Thanks!

Login and hit the GET TICKETS button right at 1pm?

Wish me and y'all luck!
Right and it will put you in a waiting/holding room and give random numerical numbers to you in line
It's live and will tell you if it books up prior to your turn to sign up.
Guardians filled when I was about 10 from my turn.

Honestly, it drives me crazy that I don’t get either AP or DVC emails, despite every single opt in ticked.
First world problems I know, but despite numerous calls/emails, they can’t sort this out.
Thank goodness for threads like this. It’s how I got GOTG and travelling from the U.K. is an expensive business!
Disney's IT at work BUT some AP holders may find they're opted out of email from Disney Destinations. A few ISP spam filters could be the issue

My memory, the same questions came up with past events. The consensous was if you have the voucher in your DME, and you can see room discounts, you're good to go. Posters don't think Disney IT can differentiate.

The CM wilk verify you used your AP to enter the park
That's how it seems to work,
If your voucher allows you to access the AP discounts then you can sign up.
However, for some reason not all AP vouchers do allow you to see the AP discounts
No one can quite figure out why some do and some don't. Suspect it's just like who gets the emails and who doesn't. No one knows and it's just too much to do any troubleshooting to figure out. Without a common denominator it's just a needle in a haystack

And with the vouchers and sign ups, technically I believe they are not supposed to have access. So in those cases they aren't even going to attempt to figure it out because those who don't have access are the ones working correctly. If that makes sense.

I noticed that March 10 reservations are now gone for MK. Maybe they pulled some back for previews? Could also be because of big Spring Break the following week.
I'm about 99.99% sure that it won't be just 1 date so I can't see how that reflects much of anything.
Probably coincendence
We are there that day and if I'm wrong and that is the only date, well, that's good that at least we can try.
Bad in that I can't imagine how fast 1 day only would book

I got the AP email, but not the DVC one. We land at WDW March 28th (and on our resale contract points), so probably a couple of reasons right there as to why we didn't get the DVC email.
My flight back to the winter tundra is on April 4th :tongue:
I think I'm cursed.

I'm about 99.99% sure that it won't be just 1 date so I can't see how that reflects much of anything.
Probably coincendence
We are there that day and if I'm wrong and that is the only date, well, that's good that at least we can try.
Bad in that I can't imagine how fast 1 day only would book
I thought about that too. It's the first Friday after the end of the cast previews (I think), so maybe lots of people made reservations in anticipation of getting a preview that day and having a weekend trip :confused3

I thought about that too. It's the first Friday after the end of the cast previews (I think), so maybe lots of people made reservations in anticipation of getting a preview that day and having a weekend trip :confused3
Possible but anyone who’s done a past preview knows you don’t need a reservation. With very limited new AP sales I’d think most have attended a past preview

We are AP & not DVC and our March trip dates fall right when it seems the DVC dates will be (based on trips dates for DVC getting the email.) I assume AP & DVC dates have never overlapped? I was hopeful when I saw CM previews ended on our checkin date, but we checkout 3/10. We could figure out plans for a couple extra days since we leave before a weekend if needed. I just wish they would let us know the dates so we could figure out if it’s worth our time to try to get a spot at all.

If you are AP and DVC is it better to try for one or the other? We are both but only received the DVC e-mail so far. But I did just get a push notification from the MDE app for the pass holder preview.

Possible but anyone who’s done a past preview knows you don’t need a reservation. With very limited new AP sales I’d think most have attended a past preview
I wouldn't count on it. Locals, sure, but many of us out of staters haven't been lucky enough to. We've been passholders since before Pandora opened. Never have we been able to make it down for one or had a trip line up just right...even this one may be a near miss. I only know what I know about reservations from what I've read on this board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter