Tron AP preview thread

I did not get an e-mail, but did get a notification on MDE. But when I pressed it, it just opened MDE and told me nothing.
MDE notice took me to the passholder buzz article on it. I just updated the app today. Half the time the ap noticed go nowhere for me too though 🙄

Make 2 or 3 reservations before deadline. Cancel after sign-ups

AP previews sign up for whatever is available. Then book whatever room is available.

DVC you noted the difference. I'd book multiple reservations prior to the deadline. Tonight midnight or is it tomorrow midnight
Unless you fit what I stated, you have a trip booked already and it can’t be changed. AP can have a fixed date trip
Signing up for a spot then booking doesn't work for everyone

New D23 member here! For the previews is a single 50 dollar ticket for me +1 (that’s what it seems like in the writing) and if I can buy two tickets does the second ticket cover an additional two people, or just an additional +1?

Unless you fit what I stated, you have a trip booked already and it can’t be changed. AP can have a fixed date trip
Signing up for a spot then booking doesn't work for everyone
AP has the option of reserving a preview slot then booking a hotel. DVC doesn't have that option.

New D23 member here! For the previews is a single 50 dollar ticket for me +1 (that’s what it seems like in the writing) and if I can buy two tickets does the second ticket cover an additional two people, or just an additional +1?
Generally, D23 limits tickets to what's stated - IOW, you could buy a ticket for yourself and one other person. You won't be allowed to buy more than those 2 tickets.

Be prepared - D23 tickets go in milliseconds. Hopefully your computer will be faster than enough other computers!

Generally, D23 limits tickets to what's stated - IOW, you could buy a ticket for yourself and one other person. You won't be allowed to buy more than those 2 tickets.

Be prepared - D23 tickets go in milliseconds. Hopefully your computer will be faster than enough other computers!
Thanks! I’d be an AP if I could but I’m out of state, not an DVC owner yet and locked out. Someday I’ll have access to more previews I hope!

I think you can buy 2 tickets, @ $50 per ticket. I understand your interpretation but

I think you can buy 2 tickets, @ $50 per ticket. I understand your interpretation but

I thought it was $50/ticket too, but rereading the page, I questioning that. This is directly from the site.

"Gold Member +1: $50 (plus $7 processing fee)"

I thought the wording from Blog Mickey was interesting and def sounded like something that was sent to him, not what he wrote ... it implies the pass must be activated. We will find out on Thursday, just thought it was very particular. I can't remember any exact wording with the Guardians, DS#2 only had a voucher and I think when I tried to register he could not get one so I decided not to go. :scratchin

When registration opens, Passholders will be able to register themselves and up to 5 other Annual Passholders. Non-Passholders will not be allowed to attend the preview.

In order to register more guests than just yourself, ensure you are all joined under the “Friends and Family” feature of My Disney Experience. Only one reservation per Passholder will be allowed. Each person in your party must have a valid, activated Disney World Annual Pass, and pass blockout dates apply. Disney World is expected to announce more details shortly.
I made two previews with unactivated passes and it always says that. You definitely can do it with a pass in your account that’s linked just not activated yet

What is the best guess of what weekend DVC previews might fall? I’m thinking the weekend of March 4th and 5th. Might make a DVC reservation for those weekends and cancel if it doesn’t fall one one of those dates.

Thoughts?

What is the best guess of what weekend DVC previews might fall? I’m thinking the weekend of March 4th and 5th. Might make a DVC reservation for those weekends and cancel if it doesn’t fall one one of those dates.

Thoughts?
From what I’ve seen, it looks like people with reservations for 3/4 were getting the DVC emails. If I remember correctly, reservation modifications need to be completed by midnight tonight. It wouldn’t be worth it to me, though, to risk the points going into holding if I were wrong.

We have a DVC reservation checking out on 3/4 and got the DVC and AP email. But we have to fly out on 3/4 and it looks like that’s when DVC previews may start. Did not see any availability to extend our trip in a DVC room by one or two nights but might keep checking.

We have a DVC reservation checking out on 3/4 and got the DVC and AP email. But we have to fly out on 3/4 and it looks like that’s when DVC previews may start. Did not see any availability to extend our trip in a DVC room by one or two nights but might keep checking.
We did that last time when we lucked into a GOTG AP slot. Booked the extra night in a 1 bedroom, which meant we were supposed to have hd to change rooms. DVC called us the day before and asked if we would like to stay where we were. They gave us the points back, and even put them into the next year that we had borrowed from for that night. Not saying it happens every time, but just sharing our little story. Wishing you luck!

So any thoughts on how this will work? In terms of room reservations and AP holders? We are here on a DVC stay this week until 2/17. Just me and husband. Yesterday we got the email that previews bookings will open on 2/16. I assume that dates/ times will be sometime in the future and not for 2/16,2/17 ride times? If they are in the weeks following- when do I need the resort reservation for? We are also in Disney area the following week with our nephews (also AP holders) and would love to get it then. But we’re staying offsite next week.

We have no March resort reservations. So how/why did we get the email/notification?

?

So any thoughts on how this will work? In terms of room reservations and AP holders? We are here on a DVC stay this week until 2/17. Just me and husband. Yesterday we got the email that previews bookings will open on 2/16. I assume that dates/ times will be sometime in the future and not for 2/16,2/17 ride times? If they are in the weeks following- when do I need the resort reservation for? We are also in Disney area the following week with our nephews (also AP holders) and would love to get it then. But we’re staying offsite next week.

?
AP holders won’t need a room reservation, just a valid AP. Dates will likely be sometime after CM previews, which end on 3/3 (I think). For GotG, we happened to have a Unjversal stay during the preview dates, so we hopped over on the first day of previews and rode it a few times (before they put the kibbosh on multiple rides), walked around and grabbed some Flower & Garden food, and left.

We have no March resort reservations. So how/why did we get the email/notification?

?
No one knows for sure.... but the rumor is the 4th of March as the start of AP previews.

I have a booking in March... and haven't gotten an email, but did get notification in the App... How their system works is a mystery.

For AP, no reservation is needed. As many AP holders are locals.

Thoughts?
I think 3/4-5 is a very high likelihood of a preview option. But I also expect you'll have trouble finding a DVC room those dates at this point - but it can't hurt to try if you have the points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter