Tron AP preview thread

One thing I'm confused about with the D23 Gold preview, if we can even get it, is the 2 ticket limit for Gold members. DH and I have a Gold Duo membership, so I would think we each can bring a guest. But I'm not sure if they consider us each as a gold member, I would think? We are hoping to be able to buy 4 tickets.
Each account can only buy 2 tickets. There’s no guarantee of getting 4, because it’s 2 separate transactions. You should have created 2 accounts, so whoever owns the 2 accounts are the 2 gold members.

I have a big issue with this, because we are a family of 3. I might be able to get 2 on one account and then nothing for the other. So, only 2 of us may be able to ride. I decided to not do it, because of this risk. I won’t know if I can get all 3 until I have possibly only gotten 2.

Each account can only buy 2 tickets. There’s no guarantee of getting 4, because it’s 2 separate transactions. You should have created 2 accounts, so whoever owns the 2 accounts are the 2 gold members.

I have a big issue with this, because we are a family of 3. I might be able to get 2 on one account and then nothing for the other. So, only 2 of us may be able to ride. I decided to not do it, because of this risk. I won’t know if I can get all 3 until I have possibly only gotten 2.
We're a family of four but GotG took out my DW from having an interest in this one (for now) and my youngest DD has a fear of coasters in general. I am trying for my daredevil 10 yo DD and me for this one. Otherwise, we would have to pass as well for the reasons you mentioned.

DH and I each have an account and we're going to try to each buy 2 tickets. But if we only get 2 that's ok also.

ETA: my question was really about whether DH counts as a Gold member and is eligible to purchase even though he's the second member on my duo plan.

DH and I each have an account and we're going to try to each buy 2 tickets. But if we only get 2 that's ok also.

ETA: my question was really about whether DH counts as a Gold member and is eligible to purchase even though he's the second member on my duo plan.
Do you have two separate membership numbers? If so, yes, you can make two separate purchases. If you only have one membership number, then you are eligible for one purchase - at least that is my understanding after asking a question before the GotG preview.

With the AP review, are you signing up for just a date or also a time? Just moved to FL so this is my first experience with this.

With the AP review, are you signing up for just a date or also a time? Just moved to FL so this is my first experience with this.
You sign up for a date and time. Times are in hour increments, so for example when I signed up for Guardians I had a 1 pm to 2 pm time slot.

You sign up for a date and time. Times are in hour increments, so for example when I signed up for Guardians I had a 1 pm to 2 pm time slot.
Any wiggle room with the time slot? Like arriving later? I'm not anticipating an issue, just wondering.

Disney is generally tolerant if you show up, same day, after your reservation time slot.

I have no idea if this courtesy applies to Tron. I have no idea if the grace period is any time before closing or only for a more limited period of time.

Show up and ask nicely if you are delayed.

Any wiggle room with the time slot? Like arriving later? I'm not anticipating an issue, just wondering.
I would assume that's up to the individual CMs at the ride at the time and day you're there. When I was there, they weren't letting people in earlier than their assigned time. Unsure about being late.

I would assume that's up to the individual CMs at the ride at the time and day you're there. When I was there, they weren't letting people in earlier than their assigned time. Unsure about being late.
We arrived for GoTG in our assigned window and there were some people there who were apologizing for being late for theirs. The CMs said no problem and scanned them right in. Can't say whether that was an official policy or CM discretion, but some latecomers were allowed in.

Yeah we were late as well.... no problem.

But ride broke down... when we asked if we could leave and then come back in an hour, they said we could not. So I'm not sure how long "late" can be. End up taking an hour for the ride to get back up... by that time the line was HUGE.

Hello - I apologize in advance if this has been asked - for the DVC preview, do we need to have our member number or reservation number available - or will there be a special link in an email? Thank so much!!

I just noticed reservations for 3/10 are no longer sold out at MK. That doesn’t necessarily mean there won’t be previews that day, just something I noticed

Im in the D23 queue. it was random at 1pm assigned place in line. problem is same as above. there are 4 of us. 2 members...so i need all 4. and have to then fly to Florida.

update: 7 minutes in an halfway in the que line. doesn't say time or anything. just a que bar and i'm halfway there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter