Tron AP preview thread

I don't consider it the 'seat of shame'. My husband cannot bend his right leg beyond 60° and won't be able to ride the motorcycle seats. I am THRILLED for him that he will be able to ride this at all. From what I'm hearing it has nothing to do with BMI and being 'fluffy' but how you're body weight is distributed that makes a difference.

Now then, Disney, can we get some adaptable seats on SDMT and FOP????
Same here. We have an aunt that is going with us and she was beyond thrilled that there were seats in back. She had double knee replacements and just assumed she’d never be able to ride.

I wonder if it’s the most popular preview because there is no standby line when it officially opens. In the past, people could say “I don’t care how long the line is. Even if it takes all day, I will just wait until I get to ride.” Now, you try to pay to ride (may or may not be quick enough to get a spot) or try for the VQ (again, may or may not get a spot) but there’s no option to just dedicate the day to waiting until you get in.

I am happy for those of you who got into the previews (I didn’t want to go), but I feel bad for the people who didn’t and may have to wait a year or two for things to die down enough that a regular standby line can be implemented.
GoTG & possibly ratatouille had been announced VQ or $$$ before AP opened up
I may be more excited just to go back and ride Guardians multiple times 🤣 Since MK days were all reserved, I booked two days at Epcot. We went on it 10 times over a 2 week trip in September. From the reviews I already know this ride won’t trump GOTG.
I already know GOTG will be the more enjoyable coaster from the re-ride ability of the soundtrack alone (so far just 3 songs in 7 rides) downside is I’m waiting to announce that it’s going standby/ $ before Tron opens and questioning if its worth triple digit wait times or $20+
I don't consider it the 'seat of shame'. My husband cannot bend his right leg beyond 60° and won't be able to ride the motorcycle seats. I am THRILLED for him that he will be able to ride this at all. From what I'm hearing it has nothing to do with BMI and being 'fluffy' but how your body weight is distributed that makes a difference.

I know it should be called an accessibility seat it’s mainly the anxiety of either having photopass photographers and skinny little influencers try to take pictures while you attempt the test seat or skip the test seat only to have to be removed from the bike to move to the queue for the last row while your party has to wait for you on the other side that’s getting to me…

I can fit on FOP but I think tron you need to be more bendy

I would like to say thank you for whomever started this thread and shared the link on page 1. I feel that without this help, many of us would not have been so lucky. I cannot believe that Disney did not send emails out sooner to give everyone a fighting chance. If it wasn't for this thread, I would not be going down for the weekend. THANK YOU!!!

Well I'm in now, but I guess Pirate Pass holders aren't allowed to select a date. "

Something Went Wrong

Unfortunately, we did not find events that meet your criteria at this time due to one or more of the following reasons:
  • You have already made a reservation for this event
  • Your pass type or the pass type of someone on your Registered Guest list isn't eligible for this event
  • Your party size is too large
  • The event is sold out
Please check pass types and try adjusting your party size, Guest list and/or event date.

I would like to say thank you for whomever started this thread and shared the link on page 1. I feel that without this help, many of us would not have been so lucky. I cannot believe that Disney did not send emails out sooner to give everyone a fighting chance. If it wasn't for this thread, I would not be going down for the weekend. THANK YOU!!!
I second the thanks. I received the email from Disney saying the queue was open1 minute after receiving my confirmation email for booking my spot this morning. Thanks to the posted link I was in and out before receiving the notification from Disney.

aaand, my co workers now officially think I am crazy. I managed to snag 3 spots for March 6 at 5:30. I have surgery on March 8. And, I am flying non-rev so no guaranteed seats to fly home. Worth it so my daughter can ride!
I would think you should be able to nonrev after the weekend. Its not a school vacation or holiday, right? We live on LI so we myIDtravel on SW or buy a ticket on frontier instead of flying on our own airline since its close to home and only 2.5 hr flight.

Last edited:

We got a preview on March 11th, so I booked a room at the Swan and made our park reservations for that weekend. Looks like Magic Kingdom AP park reservations are booked up all weekend. I’m wondering why, since you don’t need a reservation to get into the preview? All other parks are available.

I got in faster on my iPad than the desk top, weird!!
I don't find that weird. I have my own personal conspiracy theory that the incestual relationship Disney has with Apple would create exactly this situation. Have an Apple product? You come first. My own crazy thoughts, but...I do get mail Disney e-mail at my icloud.com address faster than at gmail.

We got a preview on March 11th, so I booked a room at the Swan and made our park reservations for that weekend. Looks like Magic Kingdom AP park reservations are booked up all weekend. I’m wondering why, since you don’t need a reservation to get into the preview? All other parks are available.
You don’t need a park reservation because Disney gives you a park reservation.

MK AP reservations for preview dates were pulled yesterday right before previews came out. Not a coincidence.

I don't find that weird. I have my own personal conspiracy theory that the incestual relationship Disney has with Apple would create exactly this situation. Have an Apple product? You come first. My own crazy thoughts, but...I do get mail Disney e-mail at my icloud.com address faster than at gmail.
I had the reservation link up on my home and work computers as well as my spouse's Apple computer. It came up on his long before it did on the others even though his was signed onto last. Hmmmm.

How strict are they about the 1 hour time frame? I have 3-4pm on March 10th (the later times went grey before I could click it!). I have some work stuff that morning and I'm concerned with the unpredictable I-4 traffic (and just how long it takes to park and get into MK). We should be able to make it but it will be close but I want to make sure I don't have 2 disappointed kids that I pulled out of their field day early if we are a few minutes late.

How strict are they about the 1 hour time frame? I have 3-4pm on March 10th (the later times went grey before I could click it!). I have some work stuff that morning and I'm concerned with the unpredictable I-4 traffic (and just how long it takes to park and get into MK). We should be able to make it but it will be close but I want to make sure I don't have 2 disappointed kids that I pulled out of their field day early if we are a few minutes late.
Generally I’d say you can’t arrive before but they’re okay if you arrive after, but reality is we won’t know until previews start. Especially since a lot of people will likely really want to ride after it’s dark and the lights come on. I don’t know if that will make them try to control groups or not.

My iPhone and iPad were actually the slowest. My ancient Sony vaio laptop was second right behind dh’s laptop which was the fastest.

I don't consider it the 'seat of shame'. My husband cannot bend his right leg beyond 60° and won't be able to ride the motorcycle seats. I am THRILLED for him that he will be able to ride this at all. From what I'm hearing it has nothing to do with BMI and being 'fluffy' but how you're body weight is distributed that makes a difference.

It's not a seat of shame, but where they have you wait for it sure makes it feel like one. The (very small) waiting area for the accessible seat is literally right where they send everyone else to board, so people are walking down that aisle and staring at you the entire time. And the way the line has a downgrade, everyone can see if you try and fail to load, too.

Don’t forget many families needed to make park pass reservation for their family members that won’t be experiencing Tron .

You don’t need a park reservation because Disney gives you a park reservation.

MK AP reservations for preview dates were pulled yesterday right before previews came out. Not a coincidence.

I already made an Epcot reservation on my day to go see the concert, but I guess I can probably cancel it? Park hopping after 2..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter