Tron AP preview thread

Same...the question is, will you be able to join the Guardians VQ at 7:00am (or make any morning Genie+ selections at Epcot) that day...or will the system not let you because it thinks you are starting at Magic Kingdom?

If anyone in this boat can report back how it went when preview begin that would be great.
I have done it. As long as you have either Park Hopper or AP and have a reservation for both MK and Epcot. You can start in either. For Guardians and Ratatouille previews I stopped at Studios first then went to my preview. Not to say things may not have changed but I was able to do it.

Mine appeared for the 10th. I did have 5 Park Reservations, but cancelled one yesterday just in case it interfered. Don’t trust Disney IT.

I never did get a confirmation email.

Mine appeared for the 10th. I did have 5 Park Reservations, but cancelled one yesterday just in case it interfered. Don’t trust Disney IT.

I never did get a confirmation email.
I cancelled one of my reservations too, just to be safe8-) It appeared this morning.

I'm not going back through the 30+ pages I missed (lol) but they gave me three separate MK reservations for all three people. Not a bad thing I just thought it was strange.

Got mine today. It was odd though. I thought I booked the 03/08. Park pass reservations are for the 03/09. I just checked with a CM to confirm at VIPassholder support. Oh well, the time was same though.

Last year we had park pass reservations for MK on the day we got our GotG preview and ended up with reservations for both parks. We kept both and stayed all morning at MK and used genie then hopped to Epcot for our preview. No guarantee it’ll happen that way this year but I wouldn’t cancel a park reservation if you already have one. Right now I have a DHS and a MK park reservation for 3/8.

I have noticed many comments that individuals are cancelling their Tron Preview event because they realize flights and hotels are too expensive to justify .
Do you have to call guest services to ask about this type of availabilty?

I have noticed many comments that individuals are cancelling their Tron Preview event because they realize flights and hotels are too expensive to justify .
Previously no other previews were offered once the event closed. People dont need to cancel either. It does not impact anything.

For others we had MK booked but our AP preview time was 10a so we want to Epcot 1st. It would not let us book genie+ at MK. It treated us like we had hoppers to MK. We stopped at the blue umbrella but they only gave us a any ride pass at Epcot. It couldn’t be used on any good rides so we did t use it. We wanted to book MK for noon. I had to head to the airport about 2p since it was our departure day. We wanted to end the trip at MK but if I couldn’t book a ride we just stayed at Epcot.

Presumably Disney assumes a % of guests will either cancel or be a no show when deciding how many slots are offered.

Last edited:
…it seemed like the Fine Print Did ask guest to Cancel if plans changed . …Maybe I am the only one that actually read the fine print hahah.

Last edited:
Anyone know what happens if you "move" your MK reservations that they added to another date? For example ours are 3/10 but would really prefer 3/8. If MK opens on 3/8 and we move our park reservations, I wonder if our TRON preview passes would move with it or not. Anyone else have any success finding a way to change reservations or no?

Anyone know what happens if you "move" your MK reservations that they added to another date? For example ours are 3/10 but would really prefer 3/8. If MK opens on 3/8 and we move our park reservations, I wonder if our TRON preview passes would move with it or not. Anyone else have any success finding a way to change reservations or no?
Changing the date of your park reservation will not change your preview registration.

Just curious—anyone with a preview date the 4th or 5th NOT have their MK reservation show up in their plans (like me)? 😳

Just curious—anyone with a preview date the 4th or 5th NOT have their MK reservation show up in their plans (like me)? 😳
I have a DVC Tron preview on the 4th, and nothing showing up so far. However for DVC we did receive a confirmation email so at least I have that.

However, on Thursday the 8th three of us also have an AP Tron preview and I do see 3 extra park reservations for MK on that date (in addition to the ones we already booked). Seeing this on the app on my phone, I haven’t checked the website. We did not receive email confirms for the AP one.

Last edited:
Disney automatically gives you a park reservation when you book an attraction preview. You can keep your Epcot one, if you want. You can also just go to MK whenever you want. I have been told that the park res will show up eventually in MDE.
I see it in MDE. So I actually have two Park reservations for that day. Very cool. It means that my group can get a virtual cue for guardians and go on Tron in the same day. The only problem of course is that I'll be in the air when the q opens at 7:00.

Only if you plan on using Genie+ or trying to join the 7am Virtual Que for Guardians at Epcot. The system will think you are starting at Magic Kingdom and won't let you book anything before 2:00pm. At least that's what happened last time during the Guardians preview and we had to visit the blue umbrella every time to book a Genie+ lightning lane which was a major hassle. I've emailed them asking if this glitch is fixed and no response so I'm not counting on it being fixed but perhaps if others called / emailed asking about it they would find a way to solve it.
So if you have a park reservation for Epcot and one at Magic Kingdom for the preview, then you can't join the 7:00 a.m. virtual cue for Guardians and still make your Magic Kingdom try and ride at 2:00 p.m.? I just want to make sure I understand how this all works. We're flying in early on the morning of the 12th. Arriving in Orlando around 8:00 a.m. I'm staying at the dolphin. By the time we get transportation, it'll probably be 10:00 a.m. I might have a shot at getting the virtual cue for Guardians, but I don't want to even try if it'll mess up my Tron ride. Tron is scheduled at 2:00. That way we can hop through Epcot and take the monorail over to Magic. I know we can get a bus too. All options are open. I'm disabled and use a wheelchair, so ground transportation is a little more complicated for me. It also means I'll be riding one of those accessible seats in the back of the Tron coaster. My family wants to ride the light cycles in front of me. Hopefully I won't make us all wait too long. I'm really really really happy that they created an accessible sea:t on this ride. I didn't think I'd be able to do Tron at all. I know I can't do flight of passage and it has a similar seating mechanism. Now if only they could improve flight of passage by creating a seat that is this "disabled friendly". :: hint hint :: Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter