Tron AP preview thread

Maybe this info is out there already but I haven't caught it. Does anyone know if Tron will run in the rain? We have our preview on Monday which is calling for cloudy with occasional rain. I know it's sort of under cover but is that good enough?
Disney outdoor rides DO NOT shutdown for just rain. They can shutdown for thunder / lightning, however somewhere or the other I read that Disney stated TRON will continue to operate in those conditions as well because it is covered (sort of like Mad Tea Party and Aliens Swirling Saucers don't shutdown either).

Maybe this info is out there already but I haven't caught it. Does anyone know if Tron will run in the rain? We have our preview on Monday which is calling for cloudy with occasional rain. I know it's sort of under cover but is that good enough?

Edit: Nevermind. I should have done my simple google search first. Yes, it will run.
Good to know

Not sure I would trust someone at the hotel on what happens if you cancel MK reservations on your preview day...may want to call the VIPassholder line to confirm?

Disney outdoor rides DO NOT shutdown for just rain. They can shutdown for thunder / lightning, however somewhere or the other I read that Disney stated TRON will continue to operate in those conditions as well because it is covered (sort of like Mad Tea Party and Aliens Swirling Saucers don't shutdown either).
I had thought that the outdoor roller coasters generally DO shut down for rain. I've certainly encountered them shutting down for non-lightning storms on multiple trips. But maybe that's just our poor luck and not general policy? Tron, however, does specifically say it will remain open.

I had thought that the outdoor roller coasters generally DO shut down for rain. I've certainly encountered them shutting down for non-lightning storms on multiple trips. But maybe that's just our poor luck and not general policy? Tron, however, does specifically say it will remain open.
They only stop if there is lightning in the vicinity (not sure of the mileage, and you may not even know it is around).

We've been on coasters many times in the rain at WDW.

They only stop if there is lightning in the vicinity (not sure of the mileage, and you may not even know it is around).

We've been on coasters many times in the rain at WDW.
I went on 7D in the pouring rain once. I was laughing so hard at how silly I was to be doing it. I don’t think ill ever forget it.

Is your friend showing a one day comp ticket

In bold print of the confirmation email it says (Kinda makes me think anytime between the park pass going out and the minute she’s due to ride her slot will be cancelled…)
  • A preview registration for a date that is blocked out for your Pass type(s) will be automatically cancelled.
Idk how she will enter the park without valid park admission because the first detail point in the confirmation email says
If IT screws up enough maybe she’s got a shot. It’s Disney so it could happen 😂 but the odds seem long…
I also think it's a long shot lol. Her reservation is still in the app but they probably haven't got around to canceling them yet. I told her it would really suck to drive three hours and be denied at the gate. o_O

I had the block out calendar up on my computer screen and booked with my phone. I feel like they were clear when they said the block out days applied.

I guess this makes sense. It's a bad precedent to set, but if I didn't remember what pass type my friends has and the friend had just said book whenever you can! I'd be annoyed if it cancelled their preview bc I messed up. Annoying, but I see the logic

Did anyone get an email for tomorrow’s preview? I just got the confirmation email back when scored preview. That email says another should follow. Disney get a follow up email.

Did anyone get an email for tomorrow’s preview? I just got the confirmation email back when scored preview. That email says another should follow. Disney get a follow up email.
I did not get a follow up (or the original) but did have the park passes loaded. Important information I found from this thread (or FB I don't remember) is that check in for the AP preview is to the left of Space Mountain (to the entrance of TRON) and to not arrive prior to your time slot and to make sure and be there more than 15 minutes prior to the end of your time slot.

So, in the past, we could have a park reservation for another park + the preview reservation. We have an evening Tron preview (6:30pm) so once we booked our hotel, I went to book another park for that morning.

It won't let me.

The system says I already have a reservation (I do - it's the one they made for us) so it won't let me book a park to start the day at. We really didn't want to do MK all day, but instead hop over there after dinner for our preview.

Has this happened to anyone else? Were you able to resolve it?

I know it won't help this time, but for the next preview: After you make your preview reservation, but before Disney actually adds the preview reservation to your account, you can make a park reservation for the same day.

You should have a few days to do this as past preview reservations weren't added until about a week before. But the sooner you add the reservation for the second park the better as you never know when Disney will change it up.

Do they check your ID for Tron or just want your AP?
The email posted above says both. I would bring both just in case. I have heard people say that their IDs were not checked, but they could always decided to do it differently this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter