Tron AP preview thread

Exactly. We had AK and then they added the MK pass. The CM at the entrance said that because we tapped into AK this morning, we needed to wait until park hopping time, regardless of the MK reservation. She knew we had a preview, so that didn’t matter. Not a huge deal, but definitely something to be aware of. Our time isn’t until tonight, and I’m sure she’d have let us in for that if it would have been a timing issue
I had that experience for my 1 pm preview today. Was at Epcot in the AM. The cast member at the front entrance told me that I needed to wait until my 1 pm start time until they would let me into MK. Then, when I requested to be allowed in so that I could be in queue at 1 pm, they sent me to Guest Relations. Guest Relations told me that I wasn’t supposed to park hop (even though I had made my Epcot reservation before they had added the MK one). It took Guest Relations probably 10 minutes to sort things through before I was allowed to enter MK.

I'll post more in the morning but to sum it up. I had a 6pm preview slot. Got in line around 5:50 and it was fairly long. They had a bunch of cast members scanning us in. From there we got in line for the actual ride and waited about 20 minutes. It looked like a long line but it was constantly moving and imo its how every ride queue should be (looking at you lightning lane).

Once inside the queue goes super fast and it's really cool looking. you are sent in in a "group" who goes through the pre show and into the loading area together. Our group had maybe 5 couples / families in it. The loading area was HUGE and surprisingly empty. Loading was quick, it all just kinda happened and suddenly we were on the ride.

And unfortunately, No, you can't ride more than once. I have no idea why. I asked every single CM I came into contact with and they all said no

We had the 7-8 pm slot last night and it took an hour in the line to ride it. My husband has had knee surgery on both of them and didn’t have a problem at all riding it. I looks like you are riding with your legs supporting you on the bike but they are just resting there. He’s 6ft and has a dad bod and fit no problem on the regular bike. There’s a small compartment between the bike handles to hold a cell phone & glasses so if that’s all you have you don’t need a locker.

Most of the queue is outside so I do agree with other posters that this will probably be a VQ for a while. The line we were in went all the way to the power station store by space mountain and it took an hour. So the queue was not built for high capacity. It did move constantly and we had so much fun waiting under the canopy at night.
1AE64E52-CDF4-47E8-B923-6F3564E2FE2C.jpeg41745E4A-39BE-4E27-8178-05FFD95945D8.jpeg

I'll post more in the morning but to sum it up. I had a 6pm preview slot. Got in line around 5:50 and it was fairly long. They had a bunch of cast members scanning us in. From there we got in line for the actual ride and waited about 20 minutes. It looked like a long line but it was constantly moving and imo its how every ride queue should be (looking at you lightning lane).

Once inside the queue goes super fast and it's really cool looking. you are sent in in a "group" who goes through the pre show and into the loading area together. Our group had maybe 5 couples / families in it. The loading area was HUGE and surprisingly empty. Loading was quick, it all just kinda happened and suddenly we were on the ride.

And unfortunately, No, you can't ride more than once. I have no idea why. I asked every single CM I came into contact with and they all said no
The reason you can’t ride more than once is why your wait time was so short. It would’ve easily been over an hour from people re-riding all day.

When you exit do they make you leave the area or could you get back in line if you wanted to or have another band to scan.

The reason you can’t ride more than once is why your wait time was so short. It would’ve easily been over an hour from people re-riding all day.

Plus they scan your band so it’s like using genie + it won’t be able to recognize you after you ride .

When you exit do they make you leave the area or could you get back in line if you wanted to or have another band to scan.
No. You band is scanned one last time (for a grand total of 3 times) as you enter the ride. While you could reenter the line you would be stopped at the last checkpoint. Saw this happen to a guest ahead of me.

No. You band is scanned one last time (for a grand total of 3 times) as you enter the ride. While you could reenter the line you would be stopped at the last checkpoint. Saw this happen to a guest ahead of me.
I understand that but something came up so my mom was not able to come with me so I have 2 spots for tomorrow night and have her band on my phone through my magic mobile.

The exit is in New Fantasyland by the Barnstormer and train. For AP preview, it’s one ride then game over.

Attachments

• AF44C8EA-1D0A-4105-9EAE-A691A87AC8C7.jpeg
    AF44C8EA-1D0A-4105-9EAE-A691A87AC8C7.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 5CB24936-27E6-4FB0-9D68-858BD77A6968.jpeg
    5CB24936-27E6-4FB0-9D68-858BD77A6968.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 37
Has anyone used rider swap? We go Wednesday and will need to use it if it’s being used

They make you leave. They have a cast member stationed by the exit as it’s right by the entrance to the queue and they won’t let you into the queue entrance.

Our preview was for Saturday March 4th, 6-7pm. We got in line about 6:15pm and it was just past the DVC booth near Speedway, but the line was constantly moving as there were many CMs to check you in. No ID was necessary. (I never received an email after signing up or the second email that comes a few days before the ride. But same thing happened for Guardians so I wasn't worried.)

I asked about DAS since 2 out of the 6 people in our group use one and was told to stop at the white umbrellas to have that added. For the DAS we walked right next to the regular line until just the test seats, then there was a Mickey scanner and was told to mention the DAS to the next CM. The next CM directed us down a hallway with little light. It looked like a dead end with a black door with no signs at the end. I had to manually push the door open 🤷‍♀️

For the lockers: You need to use your magicband or keycard to work the locker. Mobile phone tickets don't work, but the CM has cards they can give you to use.
My son normally wears a magicband but forgot it today so he was using his annual pass card. When we told the CM he put his card in the locker, we were told to let the locker CM know when we got off the ride. We just had to verify what was in the locker and they opened it for us.

I wasn't sure I'd fit on the ride but had plenty of room. I'm 5'8", 235lbs, size 2xl clothes. Hubby is 6'3"; I'll attach a photo so you can see how big we are. We both fit in the test vehicle. I also have some joint issues so I wasn't sure I could bend properly to fit, especially with one of my ankles. Bending of the ankle was ok and the restraint bar hits high enough on the leg is missed my sensitive nerves. Getting out of the vehicle was the hardest part. Pushing up was difficult with my ankle and wrist problems. Swinging my leg over when getting off was harder than getting on, but a ride buddy gave me hand for balance each time. Next time I might ask for the accessibly vehicle as having to tip the head up to see was uncomfortable for me, on top of the other issues. There were just two groups waiting for the accessible car when we went through, but I can see how it will get extremely backed up. Especially since not every string of cars has an accessible car on the end. I saw two strings of cars go through without the accessible car in back, not sure if it's an every other string or what.

My husband didn't end up riding though since he had some back/neck pain. Note: Don't start a kitchen remodel the day before a new ride!

If you wanted, you could ride hands up, or hands outstretched actually. My hubby waited for us outside and saw a lot of people Supermaning around the curve.

Attachments

• 2023-03-04 - Magic Kingdom Park - Main Street Train Station 2.jpeg
    2023-03-04 - Magic Kingdom Park - Main Street Train Station 2.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 34
Our preview was for Saturday March 4th, 6-7pm. We got in line about 6:15pm and it was just past the DVC booth near Speedway, but the line was constantly moving as there were many CMs to check you in. No ID was necessary. (I never received an email after signing up or the second email that comes a few days before the ride. But same thing happened for Guardians so I wasn't worried.)

I asked about DAS since 2 out of the 6 people in our group use one and was told to stop at the white umbrellas to have that added. For the DAS we walked right next to the regular line until just the test seats, then there was a Mickey scanner and was told to mention the DAS to the next CM. The next CM directed us down a hallway with little light. It looked like a dead end with a black door with no signs at the end. I had to manually push the door open 🤷‍♀️

For the lockers: You need to use your magicband or keycard to work the locker. Mobile phone tickets don't work, but the CM has cards they can give you to use.
My son normally wears a magicband but forgot it today so he was using his annual pass card. When we told the CM he put his card in the locker, we were told to let the locker CM know when we got off the ride. We just had to verify what was in the locker and they opened it for us.

I wasn't sure I'd fit on the ride but had plenty of room. I'm 5'8", 235lbs, size 2xl clothes. Hubby is 6'3"; I'll attach a photo so you can see how big we are. We both fit in the test vehicle. I also have some joint issues so I wasn't sure I could bend properly to fit, especially with one of my ankles. Bending of the ankle was ok and the restraint bar hits high enough on the leg is missed my sensitive nerves. Getting out of the vehicle was the hardest part. Pushing up was difficult with my ankle and wrist problems. Swinging my leg over when getting off was harder than getting on, but a ride buddy gave me hand for balance each time. Next time I might ask for the accessibly vehicle as having to tip the head up to see was uncomfortable for me, on top of the other issues. There were just two groups waiting for the accessible car when we went through, but I can see how it will get extremely backed up. Especially since not every string of cars has an accessible car on the end. I saw two strings of cars go through without the accessible car in back, not sure if it's an every other string or what.

My husband didn't end up riding though since he had some back/neck pain. Note: Don't start a kitchen remodel the day before a new ride!

If you wanted, you could ride hands up, or hands outstretched actually. My hubby waited for us outside and saw a lot of people Supermaning around the curve.
Thank you for the update on DAS!!

Did anyone get a ride photo? I haven’t gotten one from my preview but it’s possible they don’t have that working yet.

Did anyone get a ride photo? I haven’t gotten one from my preview but it’s possible they don’t have that working yet.
No ride photos for us and we did it twice, AP and DVC. We did it at night for AP yesterday and today for DVC at 1pm. It’s so much better at night than the day that it will be interesting to see how LL and Virtual queue goes. I think you would need to wait for the 1pm drop to even have a hope of riding at night. I have never bought a LL so I have no clue if you can select the time or its assigned for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter