Tron AP preview thread

No ride photos for us and we did it twice, AP and DVC. We did it at night for AP yesterday and today for DVC at 1pm. It’s so much better at night than the day that it will be interesting to see how LL and Virtual queue goes. I think you would need to wait for the 1pm drop to even have a hope of riding at night. I have never bought a LL so I have no clue if you can select the time or its assigned for you.
For ILL, you choose from a list of available times. For VQ you can generally go much later then when your group is called. I’ve gotten VQ the morning of my arrival day for Remy’s and again for Guardians and have literally not arrived on property until late afternoon, gotten to the ride hours after my group has been called and was still allowed to go on.

EDIT: This will be the first VQ situation where riding at night will be at a premium, so the CM’s may be forced to change how they deal with late comers.

Last edited:
Yes, I think it's likely they'll have to enforce return times for VQ and ILL$ for Tron. Otherwise too many people would wait for it to be dark before they came to ride.

The problem is you can’t pick a time or window for virtual queue times. Between other genie times, reservations for dining and such it just won’t work to enforce it . Plus not everyone will wait till dark, in the summer months that would be super late. Some will most won’t in the end

Yes, I think it's likely they'll have to enforce return times for VQ and ILL$ for Tron. Otherwise too many people would wait for it to be dark before they came to ride.
For ILL you could hope that the ride breaks down during your window if it is earlier in the day, which under current procedures with other ILLs gives you a redemption pass good until park close.

Has anyone used rider swap? We go Wednesday and will need to use it if it’s being used
We did! It was the same process as every other rider swap. Once we were scanned in and in the tron area we followed the line of people. Before the queue really starts there is a CM setting up rider swap. I went after my husband. He waited just over an hour, and I walked right in and was on the ride in about 10 minutes. We were in the 6:30-7:30 group Saturday night.

We did! It was the same process as every other rider swap. Once we were scanned in and in the tron area we followed the line of people. Before the queue really starts there is a CM setting up rider swap. I went after my husband. He waited just over an hour, and I walked right in and was on the ride in about 10 minutes. We were in the 6:30-7:30 group Saturday night.
Thanks! Where did you wait at? Ours is at 10 am Wednesday and I’m hoping our wait isn’t that long. It will be really hard to get ds to sit and wait for an hour

I asked about DAS since 2 out of the 6 people in our group use one and was told to stop at the white umbrellas to have that added. For the DAS we walked right next to the regular line until just the test seats, then there was a Mickey scanner and was told to mention the DAS to the next CM. The next CM directed us down a hallway with little light. It looked like a dead end with a black door with no signs at the end. I had to manually push the door open 🤷‍♀️
We also used DAS and were told to wait at that door until it opened, which it did automatically after a few minutes.

Disney outdoor rides DO NOT shutdown for just rain. They can shutdown for thunder / lightning, however somewhere or the other I read that Disney stated TRON will continue to operate in those conditions as well because it is covered (sort of like Mad Tea Party and Aliens Swirling Saucers don't shutdown either).
Exception is Test Track. It will shut down for regular old rain

Thanks! Where did you wait at? Ours is at 10 am Wednesday and I’m hoping our wait isn’t that long. It will be really hard to get ds to sit and wait for an hour
We waited under the canopy. Against the railing but close to where the line turns to head toward the building. We were there after the sun went down so my kids were fascinated by the lights, but really they were excited just watching the coaster go by. There is plenty of space to walk around, so you won’t have to just sit and wait.

We waited under the canopy. Against the railing but close to where the line turns to head toward the building. We were there after the sun went down so my kids were fascinated by the lights, but really they were excited just watching the coaster go by. There is plenty of space to walk around, so you won’t have to just sit and wait.
I’m hoping by having a morning time it won’t be as long of a wait

Anyone know if you have a DVC and AP preview on same day do you need to exit park and reenter to get scanned in a second time for the second preview??

We are here now and did our DVC preview this morning and have our AP preview at 7pm.

Anyone know if you have a DVC and AP preview on same day do you need to exit park and reenter to get scanned in a second time for the second preview??

We are here now and did our DVC preview this morning and have our AP preview at 7pm.
No, they check you in for AP at the entrance to ride.

We also used DAS and were told to wait at that door until it opened, which it did automatically after a few minutes.

I was thinking it must have been something like that, the CM forgot to give us instructions and there was no sign on the door. I almost walked right into the door it was so dark!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter