Tron Opening Day Advice

FredtheDuck

DIS Veteran
I could use some planning advice, I’ve managed to confuse myself.
We’ve got MK park pass reservations that just happen to start on 4/4. While Tron looks awesome, the crowd we’ll be with won’t care, so we’ll likely wait to ride until our next visit.
I’m trying to think about out whether we keep this park pass or move it. I’m concerned about crowds and dining availability, but if they use a VQ, maybe it’s less of a zoo? Or do we think the park is going to be at capacity and just crowded everywhere while people wait to board since they don’t have an in person queue?
Context: We’re with grandparents who haven’t been to WDW in 25 years (one with a scooter), and want to do 2 days MK, 1 DHS, 1 EP. Start 4/4, flights out early 4/8. We’re fine with Genie+ and ILL$ and know how to use those. Current plan is MK 4/4, DHS 4/5, MK 4/6, EP 4/7. I know it’s spring break so crowds will be high everywhere.

WWYD? Thanks for any thoughts!

Remember they use a park reservation system so I doubt it will be at capacity. In addition I expect them to use a virtual queue so crowds should be normal

I could use some planning advice, I’ve managed to confuse myself.
We’ve got MK park pass reservations that just happen to start on 4/4. While Tron looks awesome, the crowd we’ll be with won’t care, so we’ll likely wait to ride until our next visit.
I’m trying to think about out whether we keep this park pass or move it. I’m concerned about crowds and dining availability, but if they use a VQ, maybe it’s less of a zoo? Or do we think the park is going to be at capacity and just crowded everywhere while people wait to board since they don’t have an in person queue?
Context: We’re with grandparents who haven’t been to WDW in 25 years (one with a scooter), and want to do 2 days MK, 1 DHS, 1 EP. Start 4/4, flights out early 4/8. We’re fine with Genie+ and ILL$ and know how to use those. Current plan is MK 4/4, DHS 4/5, MK 4/6, EP 4/7. I know it’s spring break so crowds will be high everywhere.

WWYD? Thanks for any thoughts!
Personally I would choose a different park that day as yes, park reservations limit the number of people that can be in a park but I would anticipate Tron to draw a large crowd that day. I'd personally rather be at a park that isn't drawing that many people and save MK for a couple days later.

Disney loves a good feeding frenzy. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they increase the number of tickets available in the MK that day. They aren't using fire marshall numbers to limit, they are using their own metrics and can increase it whenever they want. I would take @scrappinginontario 's advice and choose another day for the MK.

I'm 50/50 on this. Seeing the crowds that centered around GoG opening at epcot, it might be wise to switch days but on the contrary, it still will likely be just as crowded the following days, since it's not like you're putting a few weeks in-between your visit to MK. And, that week is also the local area school spring break so high crowds all around irrespective of Tron. If you don't want to mess with changing your plans, you can leave it as is and it likely won't matter in the end. Having G+, utilizing iLL$ and having a solid park plan is your best strategy. If you don't mind a switcheroo, then change your dates and move your MK days to the last 2 days of the trip. We have been to disney many times on spring break and always have a great trip, even when the local schools are out. As long as you're prepared for the crowd level, it's never an issue. I just think when people don't realize that it's shoulder to shoulder crowds is when they're disappointed.

If 4/4 is the first day Tron will open to the public, I would avoid MK altogether. Even if some aren't interested in riding, they will likely want to be there to see the ride/take pictures/etc. Anything new @ Disney tends to draw a lot of people. Disney in general is crowded no matter what time of year you go. However, I would expect some of those around at that time would tend to go to MK making some of the other parks less crowded.

Four straight days of parks is going to mayhem no matter what. If grandparents are older, get an EV. It makes it very much more enjoyable.

Are you staying on property?
Just a reminder to check park pass availability because MK always seems to be your biggest risk for date changes .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter