• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron opening predictions?

So now that it's been announced to open in Spring 2023, I'm wondering if anyone has any predictions as to when that might actually be. We were there this past May and just missed GOTG opening by about a week - does anyone remember if they considered that a Spring opening? We will be there again in May and I'm hoping we don't miss Tron this time around.

Right now it seems May 2023 is a safe bet for Tron to be open. As to an actual date... people may have predictions, but know one knows for sure yet.

So now that it's been announced to open in Spring 2023, I'm wondering if anyone has any predictions as to when that might actually be. We were there this past May and just missed GOTG opening by about a week - does anyone remember if they considered that a Spring opening? We will be there again in May and I'm hoping we don't miss Tron this time around.
So GOG was supposed to be summer and it opened in May which is technically spring so they were likely sandbagging on that due to covid. No predictions on Tron. And if I did have to predict, I'd say later in the season. Spring runs until mid June so they cover their butts using seasons instead of dates. I may be imagining things but I had thought disney said it was going to open summer 2022 and it got pushed back earlier this year, late 2021.

So GOG was supposed to be summer and it opened in May which is technically spring so they were likely sandbagging on that due to covid. No predictions on Tron. And if I did have to predict, I'd say later in the season. Spring runs until mid June so they cover their butts using seasons instead of dates. I may be imagining things but I had thought disney said it was going to open summer 2022 and it got pushed back earlier this year, late 2021.
Disney considers Memorial Day weekend as the start of summer, so it sorta fits. The big question in my mind is if they think of other seasons in a similar way, it’s something I’ve been curious about.

Anyway, I’m going with March. Theyre doing test rides with humans and they’ve started recruiting for CM transfers, and although they won’t start training soon, I think that’s a sign that we’re not too far off from a projected opening. Jan-Feb should be a quietish time to kick things into gear, get training done, offer preview rides to CMs and APs, etc.

Am I being optimistic because I have a trip in April? No comment.

My prediction... is we will know about 4-5 months beforehand, when they start hiring CM for the attraction. Which I don't see happening till major visible construction is complete and the site is "safe" for CM to use without hardhats or OSHA concerns.

My prediction... is we will know about 4-5 months beforehand, when they start hiring CM for the attraction. Which I don't see happening till major visible construction is complete and the site is "safe" for CM to use without hardhats or OSHA concerns.
Hiring of CM’s will start in October.

Well I hope it's before May 25.. because that's my birthday and when I'm planning to arrive for my next trip. :D

Disney considers Memorial Day weekend as the start of summer, so it sorta fits. The big question in my mind is if they think of other seasons in a similar way, it’s something I’ve been curious about.

Anyway, I’m going with March. Theyre doing test rides with humans and they’ve started recruiting for CM transfers, and although they won’t start training soon, I think that’s a sign that we’re not too far off from a projected opening. Jan-Feb should be a quietish time to kick things into gear, get training done, offer preview rides to CMs and APs, etc.

Am I being optimistic because I have a trip in April? No comment.
April trip here too. I’m hoping for some magic!

I saw them testing this ride with no one in it in late August. It looks like it's getting close and it's also about time they got a more modern roller coaster!

I saw them testing this ride with no one in it in late August. It looks like it's getting close and it's also about time they got a more modern roller coaster!
Huh, 7 Dwarves Mine train is a hop ski and a jump away. Guardians at Epcot. I don’t think Disney will ever build a huge thrill coaster. That is not really their market.

Huh, 7 Dwarves Mine train is a hop ski and a jump away. Guardians at Epcot. I don’t think Disney will ever build a huge thrill coaster. That is not really their market.

Yeah, the most intense is probably Rock'n Roller Coaster and Incredicoaster at DCA. That's about as intense as Disney gets.

Guardians is about as modern as you can get!

MY guess is they are shooting for March. Spring starts the end of March but any consider March as a spring month. This would also allow them to still say that it opened for the 50th anniversary which runs through March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter