Tron opening update rumors??

Mike with One Eye

Earning My Ears
Seems like a lot of recent progress on it. Any rumors for opening date? Any chance it is open by October? Anyone have CM friends in the know?

Many are guessing we will hear the opening timeline revealed at D23 on September 9th. My best guess (which is purely speculative) is that the earliest this thing could open could be late November / early December. But that's if everything goes according to plan AND Disney wants to open it then.

The upside to Disney opening it earlier is that they can monetize it (i.e. ILL$). That can be a big motivating factor. It cost a lot of money to build, let it start generating income as quickly as it can.

My guess is it’s at least 4 months away. I haven’t heard that they have asked for Cast Members to apply for the opening team, and once they do I think it will take about a month to interview and hire, then a month to train. Then they’ll probably have a month of cast previews and a month of DVC and AP previews.

Moana is still a patch of dirt, so I'd guess this will be slow-rolled, even if technically ready.

Having seen it last week, they are running tests on the ride. However, the line queue is NOT even close to be ready to be used. I would estimate at least until Winter 2022 or Spring Break 2023.

Having seen it last week, they are running tests on the ride. However, the line queue is NOT even close to be ready to be used. I would estimate at least until Winter 2022 or Spring Break 2023.
oh man, my next trip is in february 2023. hopefully is done by then

No idea when it will open. they clearly don't seem to be in any hurry to get it opened. From photos, it appears there is still a lot of work to do outside. However, they probably could get that done in a month to 6 weeks if they wanted.
I doubt it will be open for our October trip. Would not be surprised to be open for the Christmas season.

If I were to wager, I would guess Nov. 1. That will catch the holiday crowds plus distract a bit from Splash going down for its re-theme. I look for them to make the open/close happen almost simultaneously.

I think the plan has been to stagger the opening of new attractions. GoGCR this year, Tron next year. Try to give people a new reason to come each year.

Disney is still trying to see what they can charge us to get on TRON. They don't want to make it to cheap and lose money. ha ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter