• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron previews for DVC?

I’m having a hard time understanding if I’m okay as-is with my tickets and park reservations.

- I have one park per day tickets.
- On the day I chose, I have a park reservation at Epcot.

The language on the Tron preview says:
  • Valid Magic Kingdom® theme park admission is required for entry for all guests.
    • Magic Kingdom® park reservation is not required on the day of your preview to attend.
  • IMPORTANT: Valid park hopping ticket media is required if the Member and their party wish to visit another theme park on the day of their preview or if the Member wishes to do any Genie+ or Lighting Lane planning on the day of their preview, they will need a Magic Kingdom Park reservation.
It says park hopping ticket is required if I want to visit another park on the day of my preview.

Does this mean I need to upgrade to park hopper to go to Epcot after my morning MK Tron ride?
Yes.

I started at 991, took about 20 minutes, got through for March 4 with only 9:00-10:30 slots available (but I'm in!).

We check out on the 4th, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with why the slots were all early.

If we want to make a DVC parallel, Moonlight magic is a 3-hour event on a single day.

This is 3 consecutive days of previews for a single ride, spread over a much longer period of time each day. I'll be surprised if anyone in the queue before 11am is unable to register. It may even stay available much longer.

If we want to make a DVC parallel, Moonlight magic is a 3-hour event on a single day.

This is 3 consecutive days of previews for a single ride, spread over a much longer period of time each day. I'll be surprised if anyone in the queue before 11am is unable to register. It may even stay available much longer.
Depends on if the number of available slots is shared with AP previews occurring the same dates.

I started at 991, took about 20 minutes, got through for March 4 with only 9:00-10:30 slots available (but I'm in!).

We check out on the 4th, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with why the slots were all early.
No I got right in immediately and on 6th that’s all I could get was 9-11:30. Weird. We are there 26th-10th so definitely nothing to do with your check out

I’m having a hard time understanding if I’m okay as-is with my tickets and park reservations.

- I have one park per day tickets.
- On the day I chose, I have a park reservation at Epcot.

The language on the Tron preview says:
  • Valid Magic Kingdom® theme park admission is required for entry for all guests.
    • Magic Kingdom® park reservation is not required on the day of your preview to attend.
  • IMPORTANT: Valid park hopping ticket media is required if the Member and their party wish to visit another theme park on the day of their preview or if the Member wishes to do any Genie+ or Lighting Lane planning on the day of their preview, they will need a Magic Kingdom Park reservation.
It says park hopping ticket is required if I want to visit another park on the day of my preview.

Does this mean I need to upgrade to park hopper to go to Epcot after my morning MK Tron ride?

While you don't need to book MK for your park reservation, your ticket needs to be one that gets you into MK if you don't want it to be your MK day.

So, if you want to go to Epcot that same day, you need park hopping. If you don't want to park hop, then MK is all you will be able to visit that day.

I wonder how many of the 2k people in front of me are windows other people had opened and didn’t close when they got a lower spot in another one…? Fingers crossed

Yahoo! We were 1,500 in the que and got the morning of March 4. It took about 20 minutes to get through that many before us. My DW had her phone going and was about 900 behind me. She got out of the que once we confirmed our ride.

Got it for 3/4! Only morning times were available. Wondering if because AP preview on same day and they got evening times? Any body get later in the day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter