Tron queue and Keys to the kingdom question

rdrjj5

DIS Veteran
We have a Keys to the Kingdom tour scheduled and want to get a boarding group for Tron at 7am. What happens if our group is called while on the tour?

That’s a good question, but I know I wouldn’t want the stress of dealing with it and would buy a ILL - then there’s no worries

I would not try if you have a KttK tour booked. Wait until 1PM. Tron to date has not been enforcing return times since it opened, including guests with DAS. Some guests with ADRs have reported they can ride after their ADR but even some of those have been turned away. Since you know you will most likely miss your return time I would not even try at 7AM.

Personally, I would just buy an ILL for a time you know you won't be on the tour. You can also try to get in the VQ at 1 p.m. but waiting in the queue in the afternoon can be a lot. The whole first part is outside and a good half of that is without any shade. It's hot and you're just standing there with dozens of your new best friends with no air moving.

Tron hasn't been flexible in the return times. I would recommend waiting until the 1pm VQ drop.
They have generally been flexible when you have a pre-booked reservation at the time of the VQ. Nearly everyone who has had a dining reservation or other paid activity at the time of the VQ has reported being let on by showing the dining receipt or similar proof of other activities which shows the time conflict. (Usually the CM at the attraction is fine but Guest Services can assist if any issues). They're not flexible for just showing up late (unlike GotG where you can pretty much show up any time after your time).

You should be fine if you get a time that conflicts with the tour. Just bring a printout of something that shows you were on the tour. If you know you'll be in the park until the end of the day - you can just wait and do the 1pm but if you were hoping to not be in the park that late, you should be fine with 7am (and you can always wait a few seconds at 7am to try for the VQ which will almost certainly get you a little later in the afternoon - you didn't say when you were going but once the summer ends, the Tron VQ will likely remain open at 7am for at least 30 seconds).

Not exactly true. They are flexible when you have a pre-booked reservation at the time of the VQ. Nearly everyone who has had a dining reservation or other paid activity at the time of the VQ has reported being let on by showing the dining receipt or similar proof of other activities which shows the time conflict. They're not flexible for just showing up late (unlike GotG where you can pretty much show up any time after your time).

You should be fine if you get a time that conflicts with the tour. Just bring a printout of something that shows you were on the tour.
I don't see why they should accommodate someone who is taking a long tour during the entire time slot. This is a scenario when they should do the 1pm drop and not the 7am. A dining reservation is not the same as being on an activity that is known to take up the entire morning VQ slots.

I'm doing KTTK in September and will be doing the 1pm drop.

I don't see why they should accommodate someone who is taking a long tour during the entire time slot. This is a scenario when they should do the 1pm drop and not the 7am. A dining reservation is not the same as being on an activity that is known to take up the entire morning VQ slots.

I'm doing KTTK in September and will be doing the 1pm drop.
They accommodate because you have a pre-booked paid activity and have no control over your VQ time. With only a 1-hour return window many dining reservations conflict as well. I don't see why so many people get up in arms about the fact that Disney as has been widely reported will accommodate around other paid timed activities they sell.

Good for you that the 1pm drop works for you - it may not work for all. What I say stands - she's likely to be fine based on the vast majority of reports but if she's planning on being in the park until closing - the 1pm will likely be fine but 1pm drops are also iffy if the ride has any problems that day. Either way involves some risk.

They accommodate because you have a pre-booked paid activity and have no control over your VQ time. With only a 1-hour return window many dining reservations conflict as well. I don't see why so many people get up in arms about the fact that Disney as has been widely reported will accommodate around other paid timed activities they sell.

Good for you that the 1pm drop works for you - it may not work for all. What I say stands - she's likely to be fine based on the vast majority of reports but if she's planning on being in the park until closing - the 1pm will likely be fine but 1pm drops are also iffy if the ride has any problems that day. Either way involves some risk.
Wholly disagree with you on this. It's why 2 drops exist and of course buying an ILL which is the best way to guarantee a time when limiting oneself for timing on a vacation.

I think it's great that Disney is holding people to their slot time and should be the case when a ride is popular and when people are finding way to get around the system to ride at night and it impacts the wait times for those who didn't cheat the system.

Let's agree to disagree and move forward. Thank you.

Additional posts trying to convince others about this topic will be removed and warning points may be awarded.

Last edited:
I would sign up for the 7am drop waiting a few seconds before hitting the final button. You may miss it completely but you could also get a group that is called in the early afternoon and be able to make it. If you miss the 7am you have the 1pm as a fallback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter