TRON review?

I saw a few people sitting upright with arms out and was thoroughly impressed. How were you all able to sit like that? I was pressed flat against the bike once the back restraint came down. If I didn't keep my neck up I would be staring at the handle the entire time.
The backrest rotates. You can sit up.

For us the initial launch was the highlight. If your like RnR it's like that....except there's another gear! While I wish it was longer....it gives an immense boost of rollercoaster swag to MK.

The nice thing about this ride is after the first initial 0 to 60 it's super smooth. Every barely tall enough kid I saw get off the ride loved it. While I love GotG, I understand the issues it gives a lot of people due to the motion. Tron gives GotG level thrills without the nausea
Sounds good!

I was apprehensive about this one, but shouldn't have been. I loved the ride!! The seating seems confusing, but its actually very easy to get in place and I didn't find it uncomfortable at all.

Loved putting my hands up and having that feeling of flying! Will ride this every time I visit.

I was apprehensive about this one, but shouldn't have been. I loved the ride!! The seating seems confusing, but its actually very easy to get in place and I didn't find it uncomfortable at all.

Loved putting my hands up and having that feeling of flying! Will ride this every time I visit.
Ok, now I can’t wait !

Rode today and I'm pretty "meh" about the experience. My girls, who have motorcycles, also said it was ok but nothing special.

I couldn't agree more! I have ridden GOG some 30 times now (I am a SUPER FAN lol) and always have found the back 2 cars (4 rows of seats) to be the best. I might add, if you've enjoyed some of EPCOT's fine adult beverages (insert captain & cokes from Rose & Crown here) that a little buzzed GOG while enjoying the music is FANTASTIC!!
We were at Epcot for GOG opening day. Our last day of our last vacation. We rode front seat and back seat. Our opinion was front row was better than back row. It sounds like you prefer the back row.

We were at Epcot for GOG opening day. Our last day of our last vacation. We rode front seat and back seat. Our opinion was front row was better than back row. It sounds like you prefer the back row.
I am a "back of the coaster" is the best seat kind of fella!! Each has their own appeal though

I am a "back of the coaster" is the best seat kind of fella!! Each has their own appeal though
We are, too. Love the back row for thrill rides.

We asked every CM we encountered which was better. It was kind of 60/40 favoring the back so our first ride of the day was back rows. Decided to try front rows for our second and all four of us said as we exited we liked front row better on GOG

We are, too. Love the back row for thrill rides.

We asked every CM we encountered which was better. It was kind of 60/40 favoring the back so our first ride of the day was back rows. Decided to try front rows for our second and all four of us said as we exited we liked front row better on GOG
Did you know that at peak capacity there are 8 trains going at once on GOG?? That blew my mind. The "nerd" in me ask a CM back in February and she was like, I am so glad you asked I love talking about this. Told me they can have 9 trains going, but usually only 8 for smoothest operation!!

Did you know that at peak capacity there are 8 trains going at once on GOG?? That blew my mind. The "nerd" in me ask a CM back in February and she was like, I am so glad you asked I love talking about this. Told me they can have 9 trains going, but usually only 8 for smoothest operation!!
That's really cool! and explains how they can get so many people through the ride. I'm guessing Tron isn't able to pass as many people through in a day even with the short ride time.

I will pass on another tip someone told me prior to riding, that I think was valuable. If you use the lockers, they are keyed to open for you, and you put your stuff in. When you go to take your stuff out, don't let your door close on you before you have everything out. If it closes with your stuff still in it, you can't get it open again. We had one person whose job was just to hold the door open while we removed everything. lol
A CM is on duty to help with any locker problems, similar to Universal. If you have a problem, the solution is generally pretty easy as long as you are timely.

One last observation: we tried the meat dumplings at the ride exit, and they were pretty salty. They looked nice, and had potential. WDW. The portion was also a bit small. They'd be better with less salt and a 6-dumpling serving at the same price, or 3 for half the current price..

A CM is on duty to help with any locker problems, similar to Universal. If you have a problem, the solution is generally pretty easy as long as you are timely.

One last observation: we tried the meat dumplings at the ride exit, and they were pretty salty. They looked nice, and had potential. WDW. The portion was also a bit small. They'd be better with less salt and a 6-dumpling serving at the same price, or 3 for half the current price..
We rode during soft opening, and there wasn't a CM anywhere near the lockers when we exited the ride. I have no doubt that we could have hunted one down if necessary, but it's just better to know what to do to avoid wasting time I think.

We rode during soft opening, and there wasn't a CM anywhere near the lockers when we exited the ride. I have no doubt that we could have hunted one down if necessary, but it's just better to know what to do to avoid wasting time I think.
I wasn't trying to be snarky, tone is hard to convey. My apologies if my post sounded snarky.

The multiple times we rode, a CM was clearly stationed by the lockers with an iPad to open them if necessary, plus multiple additional CM's on hand to answer questions. I paid more attention pre-ride than post-ride, but the pre-ride side of the lockers, IMO had quite a few CM's in the locker area. They should!

Second, the Tron locker area reminded me very much especially of Universal's Velocicoaster locker area, which has the same type of lockers.

Where we did not see a CM was at the lockers over by Kali. We didn't need help, but the contrast was notable. Also notable, because Universal always has staff at their lockers to help open lockers and for security purposes. This is something I tend to notice.

A friend of mine just returned from a vacation (not Florida) and was pickpocketed. Luckily, he's a big guy. He chased down the pickpocket. The pickpocket, a small guy, cowered, apologized, and handed back his wallet.

IMO, locker areas are always a place one has to be a little careful. It is easy to drop something and/or get caught off-guard. It is not a place any theme park should skimp on staff.

My only complaint is its a litter shorter then others. The aesthetics are awesome and it is a really smooth fun coaster. I love it, Definitely in my top 3 rides for Disney now. (but I do enjoy the movies)

I wasn't trying to be snarky, tone is hard to convey. My apologies if my post sounded snarky.

The multiple times we rode, a CM was clearly stationed by the lockers with an iPad to open them if necessary, plus multiple additional CM's on hand to answer questions. I paid more attention pre-ride than post-ride, but the pre-ride side of the lockers, IMO had quite a few CM's in the locker area. They should!

Second, the Tron locker area reminded me very much especially of Universal's Velocicoaster locker area, which has the same type of lockers.

Where we did not see a CM was at the lockers over by Kali. We didn't need help, but the contrast was notable. Also notable, because Universal always has staff at their lockers to help open lockers and for security purposes. This is something I tend to notice.

A friend of mine just returned from a vacation (not Florida) and was pickpocketed. Luckily, he's a big guy. He chased down the pickpocket. The pickpocket, a small guy, cowered, apologized, and handed back his wallet.

IMO, locker areas are always a place one has to be a little careful. It is easy to drop something and/or get caught off-guard. It is not a place any theme park should skimp on staff.
Not snarky at all, hopefully my reply didn't come off that way either. It must have been because we rode during soft opening, there was not a CM in sight near the lockers during entry or exit, and I was really looking because of the advice I was given with the locker door by another guest prior to riding.

I will say the locker area at Tron was a lot less hectic/crowded than the lockers I used over at Universal. But, that's been several years ago.

I rode it 3 times on Wed: $ILL, Deluxe VQ + my husband's $ILL because he didnt want to ride. It's my new favorite park ride; I loved it more than Hagrids!

Front row is AMAZING: I was lucky on my 2nd time when I rode as a single rider.

Also, my rollercoaster-lite kids loved it and begged to do it again on our next MK day.

FWIW: GotG was a "one & done" for me: too much spinning in the dark.

I rode it 3 times on Wed: $ILL, Deluxe VQ + my husband's $ILL because he didnt want to ride. It's my new favorite park ride; I loved it more than Hagrids!

Front row is AMAZING: I was lucky on my 2nd time when I rode as a single rider.

Also, my rollercoaster-lite kids loved it and begged to do it again on our next MK day.

FWIW: GotG was a "one & done" for me: too much spinning in the dark.
What‘s special about the front...and can I ask for the front row?

Agree on GoG...leaves me more time for other things !

I would describe Tron as a very well themed ride with a really fun launch, but ultimately I would describe it as a bad roller coaster.

It’s hard for me to understand why they would have it slow down every few seconds once it goes inside the building. It’s honestly frustrating. I want my roller coasters to actually coast.

Cosmic Rewind is perfection though. Amazing ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter