Tron to Begin Soft Openings via VQ from Mar 20 - April 2, 2023*

A lot of down time on March 23. My BG estimate got pushed back over an hour and it started to look like the ride wasn't coming back. But then, the clouds parted....

BG 62 today. Estimated callback 5:30pm. Edited to add: Actual was 1:03pm.

I’m packing up and periodically looking to see if the ride is up and running this morning. Interesting to see the LL offer - at 7am it was just “purchase a LL” with no time indicated, about 20 mins later, “purchase LL to skip the queue at 2:40pm”, and now the time has changed to 4:20pm. I guess it’s people buying up the LLs.
Estimated callback ~5:30pm (seems to move by a few minutes even though park isn’t open yet), will see when we actually get called. Hoping it’s before noon.

Last edited:
🤞🤞 We'll be in MK 3/29 and I'm hoping to get the VQ and a ILL$. Whatever it takes!!!

BG 62 today. Estimated callback 5:30pm. Edited to add: Actual was 1:03pm.

I’m packing up and periodically looking to see if the ride is up and running this morning. Interesting to see the LL offer - at 7am it was just “purchase a LL” with no time indicated, about 20 mins later, “purchase LL to skip the queue at 2:40pm”, and now the time has changed to 4:20pm. I guess it’s people buying up the LLs.
Estimated callback ~5:30pm (seems to move by a few minutes even though park isn’t open yet), will see when we actually get called. Hoping it’s before noon.
They hide the times for the first 15-30 minutes on the tip board which also affects that screen.

They hide them from the tip board. When you click the option to check availability on an attraction it will show you your time.
Oh I see. That makes sense. I’d be incredibly annoyed to wake up at 7am only to pay $ and be assigned a random, unknown time. Cheers.

(Reading that back, it seems I am okay with waking up at 7am, and being assigned a random, unknown time, without the $ lol)

Well my Tron soft opening days are over, as I’m home from the airport now.

If anyone was curious, they do appear to be doing ride videos during the soft open. It was a lovely surprise to see my Tron photo & video pop up tonight. (I didn’t have a MagicBand but did have my room card, plus my cell phone with Bluetooth on and MDE app open and data turned on during the ride. There’s a little slot in front of you to pop a cell phone into. Seems silly but I really wanted that ride video.)

Yay! Got boarding group 63 today, our only chance to get one on this trip (which is our first trip in 6 years and it’ll probably be 6 years before the next one, lol).

Very helpful to see people’s actual BG return times. Will report back on what time we get on.

This will be my 1st trip with G+/$ILL and I'm still trying to figure some things out...

It sounds like if you book a $ILL you can pick your time and it looks like the Tron $ILL is not selling out super quickly (I just checked and it is still available today): is that because all the evening slots have been booked first?

I am hoping (like many others) for an evening/night ride but I'll take whatever I can get because I really just want to ride.

We don't go for a few weeks and the ride will be "fully" open at that point so who knows if this will all change. Just curious how it's been going during soft opening.

We just got home from our WDW trip and were at MK on Wednesday, 3/23. I was able to get boarding group 48 at the 7 am VQ time (using data from CBR as the wi-fi was out).

Our original estimated wait put us right at the same time as our Jungle Skipper Canteen reservation at noon. I was able to move the reservation back by an hour and then in the end our boarding group got called much earlier (maybe 10:30).

My 11 year old got scared at the last second and almost didn't ride, but in the end absolutely loved it (as did I). I held off buying the ILL in the morning because he often doesn't ride things twice, but I wish I had gotten it as well. The ILL was of course gone by the time we knew we wanted a second ride. If I was doing it over again I might do the ILL first and then the 1 pm VQ attempt.

My son is a DAS holder and we were able to see a cast member after we checked in for the virtual queue to be able to use the Lightning Lane.

I got to ride it Friday. I paid for LL because I had issues joining the VQ Monday and Friday was our last day for a couple of years.

Saying all that ride was definitely worth the 20 in my opinion. It’s great fun, a little short. But I can’t wait to ride it again.

Can I request an update on Tron operating hours? Is it still closing at 8pm, and what is the latest ILL return time? Thanks!

Can I request an update on Tron operating hours? Is it still closing at 8pm, and what is the latest ILL return time? Thanks!

We purchased ILLs for Friday evening, and the latest option we were able to grab was 6:30pm-7:30pm. It is risky grabbing the night ones in case of closures, but we wanted to start our day at Epcot for a couple more rides on Guardians.

We purchased ILLs for Friday evening, and the latest option we were able to grab was 6:30pm-7:30pm. It is risky grabbing the night ones in case of closures, but we wanted to start our day at Epcot for a couple more rides on Guardians.
Hi, LilyJC - you can answer this privately if it is OT for this thread. I am headed there solo shortly and only plan to do mk later in the day do was planning for $LL only, not VQ. For my Epcot days, I’m staying on site, planning to have 2 screens at once, GOTG VQ first, $LL Tron on second screen immediately after. Can you let me know how fast you had to be to snag late $LL at Tron? I imagine this will be on YouTube soon enough, of course.

Hope you enjoyed it, and thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter