Tron to Begin Soft Openings via VQ from Mar 20 - April 2, 2023*

So, they do 2 releases for the VQ per day? I think I read something where you can only get it 1 time though.
Yes. They release at 7am for anyone with an MK reservation and 1pm for anyone who has already tapped in to MK that day. However if you get the VQ at 7am you are ineligible at 1pm.

Just to clarify, they do allow you to return after your ILL time, correct? If I purchase ILL and let's say, get a time of 2pm, I can actually ride anytime from 2pm to 8pm (or later, if they extend the hours)?

Just to clarify, they do allow you to return after your ILL time, correct? If I purchase ILL and let's say, get a time of 2pm, I can actually ride anytime from 2pm to 8pm (or later, if they extend the hours)?
I imagine they're being strict with those times too. Probably a 15 minute grace period but with this one I would plan to show up on time, at least for the soft opening.

So, they do 2 releases for the VQ per day? Meaning depending on what VQ you get, morning or afternoon, that is when you get a boarding group I assume? I think I read something where you can only get it 1 time though.
Yes. Details of when and how TRON releases are being done are in post 2 of this thread. They do a 7AM and 1PM drop. Return times are strictly enforced. You are only eligible for 1 VQ per day. E.g. if you get a 7AM VQ that is called but you don't ride, you will still not be eligible for the 1PM drop.

We have not had any reports either way, at least on any of the threads I have read. I'm not sure anyone wants to risk paying the additional cost for the ILL$ and then not being allowed to ride.

If you have purchased an ILL$ and arrived after your return window, what has been your experience?

Yes. Details of when and how TRON releases are being done are in post 2 of this thread. They do a 7AM and 1PM drop. Return times are strictly enforced. You are only eligible for 1 VQ per day. E.g. if you get a 7AM VQ that is called but you don't ride, you will still not be eligible for the 1PM drop.
thank you very much for the information, and pointing me in the right direction!

On Saturday due to the line before the tap-in, we actually did not arrive on time. We were probably 10-15 minutes late. But nobody said a word. I am not sure how late you have to be before they turn you away.

Finally grabbed a VQ for TRON yesterday, tried at 1pm on the dot. We got an initial boarding time of 7.59pm but it ended up at 7.22pm.but still had to wait 40 minutes to board. We were on the inside track which is completely in the dark. Very fast 😀

Tron riders - any significant drops on the ride that one would feel coming off the seat or sensation in the stomach? DS doesn't like that. Loves Space and other coasters for speed and turns. Want to set expectations correctly.

Didn't see if you got an answer to this, but in case you are still looking for one I can say I didn't feel this coming off the seat sensation on Tron at all, not like Hagrids or other coasters for sure.

Congrats to everyone who has successfully been able to ride Tron so far. We were pleasantly surprised to learn on Friday March 17th that we would have a chance at this on Monday March 20th. We changed our park reservation on Monday to MK from EPCOT, but as I posted that day, despite being up at before 7am that VQ was gone in mere seconds. We spent the day at MK, and our party of 4 adults was on the train when the 1pm drop happened. We counted down the seconds, 3 of us tried, I thought we were all unsuccessful but I did end up getting it. We were boarding group 116 and ended up getting called to return around 5pm maybe? We had dinner plans at EPCOT that we moved up to 3pm just to make sure we could get back. The line went all the way down the ramp and weaved in and out a lot at the top, so I'd say we waited close to an hour to ride I think. We all enjoyed it but agreed that it is too short and still Guardians is our favorite.

Tuesday two of our travel party were leaving to return home and we had plans for EPCOT that day. I ended up getting the 7am GotG drop for all of us, and then purchased a 2:15pm LL for Tron ($20 each) so they could ride and make it back to the resort for the ride to the airport leaving at 4:45pm. LL is much faster of course to get through, and you really don't miss anything as everybody has stated. There isn't much to the queue like there is on GotG.

Wednesday was our last day, and both DH and myself tried for the 7am VQ of Tron and he was successful. Our group was 10 or 12 I think? We were called somewhere around 8:30am or so, and were off the ride by 10am. This time the line only snaked I think at the top of the ramp AFTER you enter through the first set of tapstyles? It was a much better wait for sure. I will say after this 3rd ride on Tron in 3 days I was feeling it a bit in my thighs so this is not a ride I would try to do more than once a day or more than 2 days in a row I think. The bikes themselves are already showing signs of a lot of scuffing from shoes with everyone mounting the bikes, so that shiny bike design is going to get old looking pretty fast I imagine.

Guardians is still our favorite, but Tron was fun. I don't know that I would pay to ride it again unless it was the only chance to ride for somebody who hadn't already.

Just coming back to say that our Tron boarding group was 63 and we got called at 1:50 and spent about an hour in line. If that’s helpful for anyone to plan their time.

DD is there with school today. How likely am I to get her a 1pm VQ if I use time.gov and follow the same procedure as guardian was? Sorry, I didn’t study up on this because I didn’t know Tron would be open.

Just got back. Just FYI, for whatever reason, at 7 am, I went in to purchase ILL$ for Tron and the app did not want to load the next screen, backed out, tried again, same thing. This has never happened on any other ride I've ever done, including ILL$ and VQ, and I've done 'em all. I had to eventually close the whole app and do it again, even though I did all the standard things before hand.

I still had tons of times to choose from for ILL$, but would have been blocked from VQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter