TRON, where do you I go to add the virtual queue to my DAS?

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
Assuming I get a VQ next week during the soft opening, where will I go at the TRON ride to have a CM add it to my DAS?

For example, at Disneyland, MMRR had me go into the lighting lane and once inside, there was a CM near the touch points that did it and then I tapped in. At WDW, for Cosmic Rewind, I had to find an area with brown umbrellas to have a CM set it up and then go to the LL area.

When you go up the ramp for Tron, the rope will have VQ on the right side and some CMs with tablets on the left. Go to one of them and show them you have DAS and your BG is currently being called. (Don’t be late - they’re strict about this!) Then they’ll add a LL to your account. Will require two taps for each account, one to remove the VQ and one to add the LL. Then you’ll be let in through the rope behind them, tap the Mickey heads and go into the pre-show.

If you’re not sure where to go, just ask the CMs manning the rope. Someone will direct you to the right place :) if they tell you there’s no DAS entrance, just move on and ask someone else.
F6CE4A9F-96F5-4F29-A248-8E77B5E00B3D.png

TRON, where do you I go to add the virtual queue to my DAS?
Assuming I get a VQ next week during the soft opening, where will I go at the TRON ride to have a CM add it to my DAS?

For example, at Disneyland, MMRR had me go into the lighting lane and once inside, there was a CM near the touch points that did it and then I tapped in. At WDW, for Cosmic Rewind, I had to find an area with brown umbrellas to have a CM set it up and then go to the LL area.
@SleeplessInTO gave you exactly what you need to know to get through the process.

But to add for understanding of the process at the Virtual Queue attractions ...

You are NOT adding the Virtual Queue to your DAS. You are converting your Virtual Queue to a Lightning Lane, by having them scan your DAS.

I know it's a minor but it helps to visualize the process. Sometimes how you present to the CMs can confuse the issue and them. Like if you went up to the CM and said I need to get or add a DAS - they are likely to tell you that they can't give you a DAS (they can't for VQ rides). It can sometimes just start with confusion, especially since many of these CMs may have never worked VQ before. Our first time to VQ Cosmic Rewind the CMs were very confused how to handle, it seems like there was only one there who knew what was going on. If we had understood the process we could have presented what we needed better and had an easier process.

Last edited:
At Guardians and Remy we have been able to return after our window expired and still be able to board, converting our VG to a LL with son's DAS. Has anyone experienced TRON yet, are they strict about return times for DAS holders as well? Just want to have clear expectations if possible for our trip in April thanks!

During the soft opening, TRON has been very strict about the 1-hour window. That is expected to continue after the soft opening, presumably to prevent everyone from waiting to ride at night. I would not expect much if any leeway even with DAS.
Thanks - that helps us to plan in advance!

I understand the converting a BG to a LL procedure, as we discovered this at Guardians last year. However as far as the "don't be late" type rules, doesn't having a DAS allow us to be late? I am not planning on this, but my adult son's situation can sometimes interfere with our plans and timing. (We go in 3 weeks to WDW and want to ride tron of course!). I have read that they are being strict with Tron vs. how they handle Guardians, Remy, etc. for most guests.

I understand the converting a BG to a LL procedure, as we discovered this at Guardians last year. However as far as the "don't be late" type rules, doesn't having a DAS allow us to be late? I am not planning on this, but my adult son's situation can sometimes interfere with our plans and timing. (We go in 3 weeks to WDW and want to ride tron of course!). I have read that they are being strict with Tron vs. how they handle Guardians, Remy, etc. for most guests.
I think even with the DAS they are strict on the one hour leeway. I have heard some CM will give you an one hour grace paired but that is iffy and by CM

I think even with the DAS they are strict on the one hour leeway. I have heard some CM will give you an one hour grace paired but that is iffy and by CM
Yes, there is a poster who was told DAS is given an hour extra, but there have been others with DAS who were turned away. My best advice is to really try and make the window, but if something arises get there as soon as possible and explain.

Didn't want to start a new thread, so thought I would ask here.

We did Tron during the DVC preview and had to transfer from an ECV to a manual wheelchair to go through the line (DAS registered etc). I just wondered if anyone knew if that was still the case now it is fully open? I was kind of hoping that was just for the preview events.

Seems a bit short sighted if they planned a new ride and a new queueline that can't accomodate an ECV, in my experience it's only ever been some of the older MK rides that require transfer (Winnie the Pooh, Space Mountain, POTC etc)

Didn't want to start a new thread, so thought I would ask here.

We did Tron during the DVC preview and had to transfer from an ECV to a manual wheelchair to go through the line (DAS registered etc). I just wondered if anyone knew if that was still the case now it is fully open? I was kind of hoping that was just for the preview events.

Seems a bit short sighted if they planned a new ride and a new queueline that can't accomodate an ECV, in my experience it's only ever been some of the older MK rides that require transfer (Winnie the Pooh, Space Mountain, POTC etc)
It’s listed on the app as ‘must transfer to wheelchair, then to ride vehicle’
IMG_2189.jpeg

Thanks for the info! This is quite annoying! Well, here's hoping my meniscus tear is healed by the time we go and won't need an ECV (my mom already uses one so I'll be the one pushing her in w/c). Wonder what they do for those who both are in ECVs?? 🤔
one would have to push the wheelchair or have someone in the group push both. there is a reason for having to transfer and that does not change just because of more than one ECV. there have been people who have gotten CMs to push but that is not supposed to happen as CMs are not allowed to push wheelchairs

Thanks for this, I had no idea that sort of information was in the app. I knew it had information about transferring into a ride vehicle but not about other transfers required previous to that.
It’s in the app for each individual attraction, plus you can pick up a park map for disabilities in each park that gives info as an icon for each attraction

one would have to push the wheelchair or have someone in the group push both. there is a reason for having to transfer and that does not change just because of more than one ECV. there have been people who have gotten CMs to push but that is not supposed to happen as CMs are not allowed to push wheelchairs
I understand that someone else in the party would have to push the other 2. My curiosity is what do parties of two, who are both using ECVs do, when they have to both transfer and there is no one else in their party to push them. Seems a bit short-sighted on disney's part to make a new ride with a queue requiring a transfer to a manual w/c. I know there are lots of couples that go who use ECVs who don't have other's to push them through queues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter