tropical storm and IOA and US

snickers

Earning My Ears
I checked the weather for the next few days 8-2 through 8-5 and it says a tropical storm is going to settle over Orlando. What are the weather folks in that area saying?

It looks like its supposed to be really wet tomorrow (Thursday) and Friday.

There is a tropical wave in near the Dry Tortugas (between Cuba and Key West) but as of yet there is no low level convection (tropical storm/hurricane like spinning). It is expected to move northwest over the gulf tomorrow. It's enough of a concern that the Air Force will send a plane through it tomorrow. But, given the absence of tropical activity so far this year, that's likely just to keep those guys busy.

This system caused alot of rain down here in Miami today, and will probably be an impactor to Central Florida in the next two days. But, it looks like it's moving fast and not taking shape so it could be gone by the weekend.

Am I a meteorologist? No, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express Hotel last night.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Will plan to take Sea World Shamu ponchos now. We are hitting Sea World Thursday and Friday. Then we will start USO and IOA Friday night through the weekend. I am looking forward to liquid sunshine. Being from Texas and the over 100 degree days, any rain and lower temps are always welcome! I was in Hurricane Hugo a few years ago so I always take tropical waves/storms/whatever more seriously.

My only concern is that Kraken will not be in operation if the storm is too bad.

Great weather reports, and the Holiday Inn Express line was funny.

Yeah, I'm in Coral Springs Florida, and it's been raining hard today (Thursday). The wave is actually backing up and appears to be heading to the east. I hope it stops over the lake because we still have water restrictions down here. Looks clear over Orlando right now, you can go on www.yahoo.com, click on weather, and get updated satellite images.

The National Weather Serivce has issued that the tropical disturbance has been upgrade to tropical storm Barry
But Barry is moving Fast and should be gone by sunday night to early monday morning

Amazing!!!!

I had NO IDEA that for just $200 million you could have a tropical storm named after you !!!!!!!

So much for the ride idea Barry....this is a MUCH more original way to spend your money!

News Update T.S. Barry is NW of Florida and heading in that direction for Louisana. Plus there are no watches or warnings posted for FL or LA.

local weather is calling for 50% chance of rain tomorrow and clearing off by early saturday. looks like another coaster day in paradise:D

Barry, we love having you visit, but can you leave the rain at home?

Sitting here while it's raining, I have to say it's not NW of Florida. It is moving NW away from Florida. It's in the Gulf out off of Tampa. It will just be good and wet here for the next day or so. So far, it's just been a light rain, nothing severe at all.

Well, I'm going to go to IOA sunday, so hopefully it will be gone by then, or atleast toned down to a slight drizzle during the afternoon.

OK, anyone who makes another joke about me having a similar name with a tropical storm will have the storm directed your way and zonk you in the head. :)

There is NOTHING wrong with the name Barry BUT
I don't want that name mentioned for the next
two weeks, ok?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter