• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trouble ordering Magicbands 2

Robin Weston

Earning My Ears
I have a WDW trip planned for next year, however I want to get the new Magicbands with characters for my kids for X-mas. The only trouble is I can never get the ones I want, I always receive a message that there is an issue "Dismiss or Retry." Any one have any advice on how they got their bands or just pure luck? I know I have time, but I don't want it to come down to having to pay full price via the Disney shop when I can get it for my trip for $10.00.

Sadly pure luck. Just keep trying and hopefully you'll get them soon.

It is somewhat random. It is based on the inventory available at any given time at the facility that ships out the MBs. This is also why they ship the upgraded MBs as soon as you order them rather than closer to your actual trip.

Dave

You have a really long time to order these bands and Disney is swamped with people trying to get them. Some of this craziness will die down as people purchase the bands. I would hold off for awhile until Disney has fixed the system. They might even release some new bands later that you like better. :)

Try opening the disney site in private mode on your browser (InPrivate mode for Internet Explorer or Incognito mode on Chrome). For some reason, I get an error for magic bands every time when browsing in standard mode, but it works in private mode. Something about Disney's stellar IT and cookies.

I think it is a bit crazy I can pay full price at the Disney store online for them, but don't have the ability to get the same bands through MDE. Maybe that is just me. I am in your shoes as well and continue to check a couple of times a day, and often get the 'Sold Out' when trying to choose one.

Try opening the disney site in private mode on your browser (InPrivate mode for Internet Explorer or Incognito mode on Chrome). For some reason, I get an error for magic bands every time when browsing in standard mode, but it works in private mode. Something about Disney's stellar IT and cookies.

Didn’t realize this was an issue until I tried to get new bands for our May 2020 trip. Thanks for the tip @Crispity! I was starting to go insane with all the error messages. Thanks!!

This has been a problem since March or April and it is pure luck, doesn't matter the web browser or Incognito etc. there is no magic trick to getting them. I only wanted certain ones and was not going to give them $10 for any 2nd or 3rd options. I tried for months for our trip next week and I finally order skins for them at a better price and it came with 2 skins.

This has been a problem since March or April and it is pure luck, doesn't matter the web browser or Incognito etc. there is no magic trick to getting them. I only wanted certain ones and was not going to give them $10 for any 2nd or 3rd options. I tried for months for our trip next week and I finally order skins for them at a better price and it came with 2 skins.

Firefox Focus worked for me.

Firefox Focus worked for me.
That's great, but I am pretty (99%) sure that you just happened to hit it at the right time. There has been multiple threads on this and everyone has tried ie, Edge, firefox, chrome, Safari and I even seen Opera with the same results, some will get to purchase but most did not. I have read where someone had luck with their laptop or their smart phone or do it first thing in morning around 6AM... Believe me if there was one browser or way that always worked it would be hot news here on the DIS :rotfl2: I will say that guest services absolutely HATES this site, they have fielded so many calls on this.

That's great, but I am pretty (99%) sure that you just happened to hit it at the right time. There has been multiple threads on this and everyone has tried ie, Edge, firefox, chrome, Safari and I even seen Opera with the same results, some will get to purchase but most did not.

That could be true, but Firefox Focus is different than regular Firefox. It’s a mobile only browser. People should try it. I tried 8 times with a variety of browsers between my phone and iMac in different modes but it worked with Focus 2 minutes later. I’m not so sure that it was luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter