Trouble with Dining Reservations?

We have also been waiting to book online but no go. So we phoned yesterday and was told that they don’t now either and to keep checking the website.

This is really stressing me out. They're down to like 30 days now with reservations. They're falling further behind rather then catching up. They used to be 21 days behind and now they're 30 days behind. I'm going in late October and I'm half expecting to only be able to book reservations like 10 days out.

A lot of places seem to be booking up really fast too... or they haven't released slots for every location on those days. This basically means every day at least once, and sometimes three or four times I'm checking to make reservations between now and Oct 19th... or until I get my reservations locked.

I have had issues with booking reservations unless planned way in advance. Not so much not getting ANY reservation, but making an early enough lunch to work with a dinner reservation, or being able to book a Fantasmic dinner one night, Frozen lunch the next, and WOC dessert the other night. Things get tricky when you're there three to five days and have like three major dinner things you want to do, they have to fit perfectly to be able to get them all in.
Yep! That’s a problem for many I guess. Also probably a reason why the CM‘s phones are running hot because everyone asks if the slot is taken or not released yet...
Having some way to tell „not released“ and „booked up times“ apart would help much in the situation right now...

I was finally able to make reservations for park dinners today for my October 7-12 trip.

Also able to make them in early October!

It looks like DCA places only have reservations available for lunch on party days (at least that’s what Lamplight Lounge is doing).

Fantasmic packages are available midweek in the first two weeks of October.

BONUS- Oga’s Cantina reservations are open through Oct 12. Previously they were open for 14 days out- it looks like they extended the window.

[QUOTE="Kestryl, post: 61019770, member: 642310"

BONUS- Oga’s Cantina reservations are open through Oct 12. Previously they were open for 14 days out- it looks like they extended the window.
[/QUOTE]

Were you able to make reservations that far out for Oga's? I just checked for September 23 & 24 but couldn't find anything.

Looks like a lot of things have opened up! We were able to book the Fantasmic package and other dinner reservations for our early-October trip today! Whew! 😅

Were you able to make reservations that far out for Oga's? I just checked for September 23 & 24 but couldn't find anything.
I was- I made a few for our trip in early October.

Oddly, I just looked to see availability for my dates, and nothing came up. It seems unlikely there would be zero availability (unless people thought it was Disney World for some reason), so my guess is that either the system itself is down or there was a glitch and they weren’t supposed to be released yet.

The reservations I made earlier today are still there in my account plans, so hopefully I get to keep them!

yeah brunch for lamplight is still not up and looks like even though carthay hours are fixed nothing is open for dinner times which is highly suspect. BB I can totally get being sold out fast but Ive never seen carthay go that quick for dinner.

I was- I made a few for our trip in early October.

Oddly, I just looked to see availability for my dates, and nothing came up. It seems unlikely there would be zero availability (unless people thought it was Disney World for some reason), so my guess is that either the system itself is down or there was a glitch and they weren’t supposed to be released yet.

The reservations I made earlier today are still there in my account plans, so hopefully I get to keep them!

looks like disney noticed the snapfu on OGAs and stopped more from going through, glad I grabbed mine

Last edited:
Bumping this thread for anyone trying to make Thanksgiving day (Nov 28) reservations and having issues.

The calendar online and in the app will let you select Nov 28, but there are no times available for the entire day for any restaurants. I gave the dining reservations line a ring and the CM told me that Thanksgiving day reservations (11/28) don't open up until Wed, Oct 2.

I just noticed this. I figured that those that didn't have TG dinner would still be bookable, but nothing is bookable on 11/28.

Looks like the rest are up now.
Yeah, I noticed only DCA was available this morning at 7am PST. Now, everything seems open for 11/29.

11/28 still shows nothing, so I guess I have to practice some patience.

I called to make reservations for the Fantasmic dining package at the BB. They told me for the week we are going ( the week before thanksgiving) Fantasmic would only be running Fri, Sat, Sun. I don’t think they have release the schedules for everything. I was able to make a reservation for the princess breakfast at Napa Rose but not the WoC dessert party. As of today that schedule is only out until Nov 7th. I just keep checking.

I called to make reservations for the Fantasmic dining package at the BB. They told me for the week we are going ( the week before thanksgiving) Fantasmic would only be running Fri, Sat, Sun. I don’t think they have release the schedules for everything. I was able to make a reservation for the princess breakfast at Napa Rose but not the WoC dessert party. As of today that schedule is only out until Nov 7th. I just keep checking.
We are going wed-fri the week before Thanksgiving as well but only have wed and thurs night for Fantasmic and World of Color and now I'm hearing we may not get to do either one. I am hoping it's just not been scheduled yet and I will keep checking. But I am begining to lose hope.

We are going wed-fri the week before Thanksgiving as well but only have wed and thurs night for Fantasmic and World of Color and now I'm hearing we may not get to do either one. I am hoping it's just not been scheduled yet and I will keep checking. But I am begining to lose hope.
WOC should be available... it is usually every day!
They are just slow to release the packages/ schedule because they switch over to the Christmas one on the 8th... at least that’s what I have heard...
I hope they start to release them when they announce the thanksgiving offerings... so maybe today or the next couple of days...

Most table service restaurants appear to be available to book for Thanksgiving Day now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter