Try some FISHIN' at the Fort (some Pics)

john59

<font color=navy>GOD BLESS <font color=red>AMERI
My wife and I never leave home without some fishin' gear. You may have to scroll right to see all 7 pictures and narrative.

Fishing at the bike barn and canoe pond at Fort Wilderness, is just plain fun. My wife and I try to hit the pond about 1 1/2 hours before sunset. We use plastic/rubber worms for the largemouth bass and I call them the wiskered bass, the catfish. We use night crawlers on these big guys.

The pond is strictly catch and release, but a Florida License is not required. Which by the way is expensive for non-residents.

Take your Kids or Grandkids fishin' at the Fort. There are some big largemouths in here. Shirley released a 28 incher and she had a 12 incher on ultra-light spinning gear (1lb test), when it's brother, a huge largemoth engulfed it for dinner. She was using 1lb test for the bluegills. What did Chiefie say in JAWS ; "We need a bigger boat"---Back to the camper for bigger fishin' gear. The fish scared the bejeeezus out of us. Probably a legit 9 or 10 pounder.

Here are some pics of a mixed bag of fish. Bluegills, bass and the big catfish. GO DO IT---That pond holds some real GOODIES ! ! !

Florida_trip_2013_500.jpg
Florida_trip_2013_495.jpg
Florida_trip_2013_552.jpg
Florida_trip_2013_636_Large_.jpg
Fort_fish_002.jpg
Fort_fish_014.jpg
Fort_fish_015.jpg

I enjoyed looking at your pictures. We fish off at the same place.. We love fishing at Disney Fort Wilderness as it's so much fun. Thanks for sharing

Looking at your pictures, I could almost FEEL the sensation of those fish in my hands! THAT is so cool.

It looks like you two enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for sharing this.

Deboned, covered in bread crumbs, and sautéed in butter those fish would be SO good. :worship:

A side dish of pasta and fresh steamed veg OH SO good!

Bama Ed

Fishin' at the Fort is a tad bit different that fly fishing for trout in Pennsylvania, during the month of January.

Yes, that is me under those 14 layers of clothes.

FISH ON ! ! ! ooooops fish off-----Well that's fishin'

JAN_TROUT_0071.jpg

Your photographer must be fed some fish.... that's the thinnest shadow I've ever seen thrown!

I posted this picture on our Clubhouse Community Board. It took a few days to figure out that the picture was doctored up. My son was the culprit. I have no idea how to do this.

They wised up because the Bass did not cast a shadow, but my email inbox was full with, how big, what did ya' get him on, that must be a state record,no more letting my dog swim in the lake, and on and on and on. Here is the pic one more time.
monster_1_Large_.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter