• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying new restaurants this time at WDW

ScubaD

She is my Disney
My DW and I are flying solo this time around and we decided to visit only those restaurants we have never tried before. I will not get into detail, as that is a job left to the professionals (keep up the fine work Kevin), but I would like to just give the highlights.

Boma (at AKV)
This is a buffet, but it is not like most other buffets we have tried in the Disney properties. First let me start that while we were waiting the camara fell into the pond and that never is a good beginning. Then we were seated and as most buffets the kids tend to take up most of the walking space and the buffet space (how can so little bodies take up so much space?) Any way the service was very good. The drinks took a while to get to the table, but my Diet Coke never ran out (which is a task for any server that gets me as a guest). And the food was very tasty. Many of the tastes i have not experienced. Even though any time you produce mass quantites of food (buffet style) the quality will be reduced sightly I found the Boma Buffet to be a place to try.

Big River Grill (Boardwalk)
We showed up after the Outback Steakhouse convention attenders all got there for their lunch so we had nearly a 45 minute wait. Not a bad place to wait though. We sat outside next to the entrance so we had the opportunity to see all of the action that occurs at the reservation desk (not very pleased with this, but I was able to see the action which is normally missed when visiting restaurants) I ordered the pork sandwich and DW had the turkey sandwich. It was fine, no complaints. I did like the kettle chips. There was also a medical emergency while we were eating when another guest waiting for her table passed out. I was impressed with how quickly the medical team (one walkup EMT, one WDW person, three security personnel, and then the ambulance) showed up and took care of the guest.

California Grill (Contemporary Hotel)
I knew it was going to be expensive, and I was not dissappointed. The waiting area had something to be desired, as the lounge was packed full and there was no place to sit, as all of the chairs had to be used for a large party. We then enjoyed the fireworks display from the observation deck after dinner. We started with the green salad with apples, walnuts, cranberries under raspberry dressing. My DW had the ravioli and I had the filet. The filet meted in my mouth, one of the best I have had. Dessert was the chocolate souffle and the pineapple cream cake. I then asked our waiter, John, about the wine i was enjoying and he went to get the answers and came back with a few tastes of other wines to compare with. I thought that was very good. We enjoyed this dining experience quite a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter