Trying Something New with Dining

Teleclashter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Time for honest feedback. I know the shows have been through a lot this past year and I apologize for it. Some of it is out of my control, but I'm trying to coordinate as much as I can and get us back on track especially now that Ryno is back from behind-the-scenes and making it easier for me to do more in a work week.

The one thing that is very much out of my control is dining. Pete has some ideas for the Disney Dining Show and the YouTube channel, but the audio feeds has been ignored. Since the parks reopened, we have been doing reviews regularly, but not releasing the audio. In the past, this was how it worked unless the review was a Pete specific dining review or unless he asked someone specifically to review something for the "Disney Dining Show" itself. I know, we made this more convoluted than it needed to be.

So, here's my solution for the time being. I just released an episode today where I compiled 2 weeks worth of reviews into an episode with some commentary at the beginning and end with extra commentary between each episode. Please let me know your honest feedback on this and if you'd like me to continue with this type of format until the Disney Dining Show returns or if you'd rather nothing until the show returns.

If your asking for honest feedback I think you breeze by the food too quickly it would be nice to really show it more I just feel like it’s a flash of it.

Is the new episode on the Disney dining channel I just see Denis Donut review

Time for honest feedback. I know the shows have been through a lot this past year and I apologize for it. Some of it is out of my control, but I'm trying to coordinate as much as I can and get us back on track especially now that Ryno is back from behind-the-scenes and making it easier for me to do more in a work week.

The one thing that is very much out of my control is dining. Pete has some ideas for the Disney Dining Show and the YouTube channel, but the audio feeds has been ignored. Since the parks reopened, we have been doing reviews regularly, but not releasing the audio. In the past, this was how it worked unless the review was a Pete specific dining review or unless he asked someone specifically to review something for the "Disney Dining Show" itself. I know, we made this more convoluted than it needed to be.

So, here's my solution for the time being. I just released an episode today where I compiled 2 weeks worth of reviews into an episode with some commentary at the beginning and end with extra commentary between each episode. Please let me know your honest feedback on this and if you'd like me to continue with this type of format until the Disney Dining Show returns or if you'd rather nothing until the show returns.

I am one of those audio only fans, and I think you did a great job. Thank you so much for all that you are doing and for keeping us podcast listeners in mind.

If your asking for honest feedback I think you breeze by the food too quickly it would be nice to really show it more I just feel like it’s a flash of it.

Is the new episode on the Disney dining channel I just see Denis Donut review

Me too.

I'll have to search for this compilation review video. I can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: Craig is the compilation video set to public on YouTube? I can't find it on the Disney Dining YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/c/DisneyDining/videos
If we're all looking at the wrong area let us know! Thanks Craig for all you do!

Last edited:
I was excited to see the Disney Dining Show pop up on my podcast list of new episodes. I am putting off listening to it until tonight so I have something to listen to during work but in my defense, I did listen to the Moving to Orlando and Universal podcasts last night. Even if it's a compilation of little videos I've probably seen, I'll still listen to it.

I was excited to see the Disney Dining Show pop up on my podcast list of new episodes. I am putting off listening to it until tonight so I have something to listen to during work but in my defense, I did listen to the Moving to Orlando and Universal podcasts last night. Even if it's a compilation of little videos I've probably seen, I'll still listen to it.

Okay, I'll assume that the compilation episode is audio only. Thank you thank you!

Personally, I think the dining show works better on youtube than an audio feed. The visuals are important, and often times it's hard to listen to audio only when there's a lot of background noise. The exception would be when shows are recorded in studio. Those are nice to listen to on the audio feed.

Wanted to chime in again after listening to the podcast. I really enjoyed the pre and post clip commentary!

I only ever watched on YouTube since prefer seeing video of the food but I listened to the audio version you put out and I like the hybrid of the in park/restaurant experience and then some extra audio after that. Keep working at it and I think you’ll hit a happy medium of what the show was before COVID. Good luck and thanks for the reviews.

I'm an audio-only guy. I thought this show was pretty good. The biggest issue I've had with the dining show has been background noise but this one wasn't bad at all, though it also wasn't at crowded indoor spaces.

I don't need to see or hear people eating. I'm interested in what you thought of the food, the service, and the restaurant overall. That doesn't require video. And it's best recorded in the studio for optimal sound quality.

I like these mini reviews. I also like the more in-depth multi-person ones. As long as I can clearly hear what's being said, I'm good.

I listen only in the car so I appreciate any and all audio. When I listen to any DIsboards podcasts it's like listening to friends talking so it's enjoyable. Please keep doing the audio feeds.

As for how to make the dining show better I still like the whole $40 a day concept ( although I bet more is needed now to eat 3 meals and a snack) and a focus on resorts.

I don't enjoy listening to people pronounce the names of the foods wrong, or try to impress with foodie knowledge. I'm pretty simple and I want to know what I would have to pay, whether the food tastes good, and if it's gluten free.

I used to be an audio-only guy, but am currently a You Tube / video guy until my job makes us go back into the office. Then, I'll probably return to being audio-only (usually on the subway). So I certainly don't want the audio-only listeners to be left out. I liked what you did with the audio show with a little commentary before each review.

One thing I think would improve the dining shows is showing and/or saying (for the audio folks) the other items that are available at whatever location you're reviewing. So, for example, with your review of the Cuban sandwich from Backlot Express, you should always show and go through the full menu of options before reviewing the chosen item. Same for whenever the full, table-service reviews can return. Should be a screen shot and overview of the full menu at the beginning before reviewing whatever was ordered.

Last edited:
One thing I think would improve the dining shows is showing and/or saying (for the audio folks) the other items that are available at whatever location you're reviewing.
That's a great idea. Certainly when we're deciding where to eat, we look at the menu to make sure that all 3 of us will have something to eat. Maybe I'd love a Cuban sandwich but if the place doesn't have anything good for DW or DD, we're not going there.

But I also understand that sometimes you're doing a review of an ITEM and other times you're doing a review of a RESTAURANT.

If it wasn't for this thread I didn't know I wasn't subscribed to this particular channel. so now i subscribed as i am audio only (i rarely watch any youtube in general of any channels). thank you for not abandoning the audio listeners. i agree with you as you said it's better then nothing at all.

can you all keep in mind each time vegetarian / vegan options or alternative as I am in that category (would love the backlot express Ryno review of the hummus plate ) and I love that you mentioned it, thanks.
maybe if people don't want to eat together you can do more family specials (like you did with fiasco...) like you and Kylie reviewing together or Pete and his neice or Deni and her family?
Also another idea for youtube if you haven't done it is a mobile ordering step by step guide with visuals before you get your food?
i love the podcast, i'm not a big 'eater' or care too much about disney food items and the desserts and such but i like hearing my friends in any format so thanks so much Craig.

I’m a podcast listener and I loved the compilation episode! In the past I might skip a Disney Dining episode if it wasn’t a restaurant I was interested in, but I will listen every time you release one of these!

I think it's a nice format and certainly appreciated during these unprecedented times.
I agree. i was also thinking it's nice that i can let it sit in my audio feed and it's not the news that i feel i have to rush that week to listen to for disney updates. i can let them pile up at my leisure and slowly listen no rush. i can save them for my spring time walks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter