Trying to decide where to stay

BLTtinkerbell

DIS Veteran
We are planning to go to DC, SW and Aquatica. So many choices. I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences. I'm thinking it makes sense to stay at an On-Site Official Hotel. Thanks

It definitely makes sense to stay at a partner hotel. We have stayed at the Springhill Suites and very much enjoyed it. I am thinking to try the Residence Inn next time, really only so we can get a 2 bedroom suite as dh likes the privacy when we can get it. Springhill are all studio style suites, with a living room area with pullout couch seperated from the "bedroom" by a partial wall, either 1 king or 2 double beds in the "bedroom".

I was just looking at Residence Inn and like it! Are any of these hotels in walking distance to DC or SW?

We just returned from Fairfield Inn at Sea World. Great hotel with great rooms and breakfast. The shuttles made it convenient to go from all the parks (including limited shuttles to Disney and Universal). They are across the street but not within walking distance to the parks.

Thanks for the replies.

I might book 3 nights at Residence Inn so we can go to DC, SW & Aquatica. Then 3 nights at WDW where we own DVC. Do you think 3 nights at Residence Inn is enough?

Thanks for the replies.

I might book 3 nights at Residence Inn so we can go to DC, SW & Aquatica. Then 3 nights at WDW where we own DVC. Do you think 3 nights at Residence Inn is enough?

Are you incorporating the Disney parks into your trip as well? Or are you sticking with just the SW parks? (if its the latter, I would keep my whole stay at the Residence Inn SW....but that's just my humble opinion :) ).

3 nights at the RI SW would give you 4 SW park days. If its a first visit, I would say you'd need them all.....one full day for DC, one full day for Aquatica, and two for SeaWorld.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
Are you incorporating the Disney parks into your trip as well? Or are you sticking with just the SW parks? (if its the latter, I would keep my whole stay at the Residence Inn SW....but that's just my humble opinion :) ).

3 nights at the RI SW would give you 4 SW park days. If its a first visit, I would say you'd need them all.....one full day for DC, one full day for Aquatica, and two for SeaWorld.

Hahaha :) I was just thinking about staying at RI SW longer!
We will spend a little time at Disney parks. We own DVC, so we've been to WDW a lot & enjoy it there. We have been to SW before, usually one day every other year & have always had a great day! We have never been to DC or Aquatica. My plan was to check in to RI SW & see if we could get quick queue for SW that day, if not go to Aquatica. The next day go to DC & hope for good weather. Then SW or Aquatica depending on what we did first day. Check out day can be either SW or Aquatica or head to Disney. I just want to make sure we have enough time at RI SW to do everything.

We stayed at Residence Inn and it was really nice. But a suggestion on DC...rent the private cabana. It is so worth the extra 180 or so dollars to have your own private space with table and 4 chairs, 2 loungers, ceiling fan, completely stocked fridge all day, your own locker in your cabana. We were so glad we spent the xtra money. And there is a person who is assigned to you that will go get you snacks, drinks etc. Oh and there is a basket full of snacks all day long too.

mckelvey72 said:
We stayed at Residence Inn and it was really nice. But a suggestion on DC...rent the private cabana. It is so worth the extra 180 or so dollars to have your own private space with table and 4 chairs, 2 loungers, ceiling fan, completely stocked fridge all day, your own locker in your cabana. We were so glad we spent the xtra money. And there is a person who is assigned to you that will go get you snacks, drinks etc. Oh and there is a basket full of snacks all day long too.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking it might be a good idea for our Aquatica day.

We spent two nights at the Renaissance and LOVED it. It cost a little more than the other options, and no free breakfast but I chose it because it was closest to the parks and knew we wouldn't have a car our first night.

We had a unique situation this trip where DD and I were flying and DH and the boys were driving down due to the kids' schedules. DD and I didn't secure transportation from the airport, figuring we'd just get a taxi when we got there. When we got to the first floor, the first bus slot happened to be the SeaWorld bus so we we hopped on- it was $2 per person from the airport and took us right to our hotel.

When we arrived- we were upgraded to a King room with a Balcony view of the park- on the 4th of July! We headed back to our room early and ordered dinner in because we had DC on the 5th. Around 9 PM- it was the coolest thing- there were fireworks going off in at LEAST 10 different places that we could see from the balcony. Interestingly though, SeaWorld's didn't actually go off until after 10pm.

We used the shuttles, but it's definitely walkable to SeaWorld. We used QQ as well as Early Entry- which made Antarctica a walk on. This was only a 3 day/2 night trip before staying at Disney, and we were NOT ready to leave Seaworld. I would definitely stay again-and plan more down time for the kids at the pool!

Thanks for the info. I was thinking it might be a good idea for our Aquatica day.

While we thoroughly enjoyed our DC cabana, it is an extra splurge that really isn't 100% necessary. If you were trying to decide between a DC and an AQ cabana, the AQ cabana would win hands-down in my book.

DC is less busy than AQ, so its not as hard to find privacy there even without a cabana rental. There are lots of loungers in various shady areas throughout the park. AQ gets more crowds so loungers are at more of a premium, as is shade.

The Aquatica cabanas fully close (all 4 sides)...the DC ones do not.

Food and drinks are already included at DC, and can be obtained (nice and cold) at any time on demand. In the hot weather, the fridge in the AQ cabanas is a godsend :thumbsup2 .

The AQ cabana will save you from having to rent a locker (as there is one in the cabana). While the DC cabana also includes a locker, lockers are free at DC to all guests anyway.

AQ cabanas are WAY cheaper than DC cabanas too.

Mickeyluver37 said:
We had a unique situation this trip where DD and I were flying and DH and the boys were driving down due to the kids' schedules. DD and I didn't secure transportation from the airport, figuring we'd just get a taxi when we got there. When we got to the first floor, the first bus slot happened to be the SeaWorld bus so we we hopped on- it was $2 per person from the airport and took us right to our hotel.

There is a bus from MCO to SW hotels?

Gina, Thanks for the info. I need shade as does one of my children. Right now I'm thinking I will just get a cabana at Aquatica.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
Perhaps a Lynx bus? That would be my only guess.

Thanks. I wasn't sure what Mickeyluver37 meant when she said the bus for SW was at the airport. I'll have to look Lynx up & see if that makes sense for us.

Yes, it was a Lynx bus. Again- not one of those things we planned- I was actually looking for a cab and found the bus first. The bus driver was super helpful and friendly, as well.

The stop is "SeaWorld" and since the bus can't go in the parking area, and the Renaissance is right across the street, the stop is at the Rennaissance. I can't speak for the other hotels.

Yes, it was a Lynx bus. Again- not one of those things we planned- I was actually looking for a cab and found the bus first. The bus driver was super helpful and friendly, as well.

The stop is "SeaWorld" and since the bus can't go in the parking area, and the Renaissance is right across the street, the stop is at the Rennaissance. I can't speak for the other hotels.

Thank you for the info.

After looking at all the onsite partner hotels, I think Residence Inn is our best option because we can get a 2 bedroom. I am now thinking 6 nights instead of 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter