• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to Figure Out Airport/Hotel/Airport Options

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
The last time I planned a trip was 2019 and ME was still a thing.

This trip will be only me and my husband and 1 carry and 1 check-in bag each.

Please let me know if I am missing anything. It looks like a taxi is the most cost effective option. From all I read we are looking at about $75 each way with a tip.

I read quite a few comments for Tiffany Towncar, but it seems overkill for 2 people.
MEARS seems to be very expensive...close to $300 round trip.
Other car options are around $270 R/T before tip.

Also depends on how much travel you plan to do while at Disney. Do you go offsite to shop/eat/sightsee or do other things? Renting a car could be the most effective if you do those things. If you ONLY need transportation to/from the airport, there are various choices listed above. Do you want private transportation or don't mind being on a bus with others making perhaps other stops? The cost of those on-line taxis can add up if you plan to use them for other trips.

The last time I planned a trip was 2019 and ME was still a thing.

This trip will be only me and my husband and 1 carry and 1 check-in bag each.

Please let me know if I am missing anything. It looks like a taxi is the most cost effective option. From all I read we are looking at about $75 each way with a tip.

I read quite a few comments for Tiffany Towncar, but it seems overkill for 2 people.
MEARS seems to be very expensive...close to $300 round trip.
Other car options are around $270 R/T before tip.
We usually uber/lyft whichever is cheapest. It really just. depends...we usually pay around $50 each way.

Not sure where you're getting $300. for MEARS. It's nowhere near that and typically the most cost effective.

Not sure how long your trip is but a carryon AND checked bag each seems excessive. I’ve used mears connect and am using it again in a few weeks and it’s $33.60 round trip for the cheapest option and $250 for the party if you use the direct option. Same bus, you are just the first stop.

Not sure how long your trip is but a carryon AND checked bag each seems excessive. I’ve used mears connect and am using it again in a few weeks and it’s $33.60 round trip for the cheapest option and $250 for the party if you use the direct option. Same bus, you are just the first stop.
LOL Not that what I pack and take on vacation should be of anybody else's concern, but..... some things can only go in a carry-on. I cannot pack 8 days of clothing and such in a carry-on only, hence a checked bag. Also, I WILL NOT pack souvenirs in a checked bag due to TSA theft.

MearsConnect bus is $16 per person each way. So about $64 round trip for 2 people.
Okay, I need to investigate a bit further on their website. I looked on my phone and all of the options were for a dedicated car. That is where I was getting close to $300 with a tip. I will check on my laptop.

Okay, I need to investigate a bit further on their website. I looked on my phone and all of the options were for a dedicated car. That is where I was getting close to $300 with a tip. I will check on my laptop.
If you google just mears, it brings you to their main page where there’s options for booking a car. Google “mears connect” and it should bring you yo the correct page.

As far as the luggage goes, I may just be basic. On my week long trips, i bring enough to get me through half the trip and do laundry half way either in the evening if I’m done for the day or mid day during a break. My first trip i did a carryon suitcase and a backpack that could fit under the seat but after a couple of trips, I did just the pack which is my preferred. Makes navigating the airport much easier since with just a pack, you always have two hands free. Disney will also ship souvenirs for a fee, but may be worth the convenience.

Carryon only may not be for everyone but it helps if you don’t have style like me.

We always use Tiffany Towncar. Never had a bad experience, and they include a grocery stop if you want it. We do Lyft to get around WDW, but I feel safer going to/from the airport in TT.

We always use Tiffany Towncar. Never had a bad experience, and they include a grocery stop if you want it. We do Lyft to get around WDW, but I feel safer going to/from the airport in TT.
I have phoned them twice to be met with nothing but attitude on the other end. That was enough deterrent for me. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter