• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to figure out the gift card transfer thing , help?

gibsontrio

DIS Veteran
Ok so I apologize for my ignorance, I'm usually good with these things but I'd hate to mess with such a large amount of money.
So if I buy say , 10 $100 gift cards from Sams club. I then take those cards and combine them to one of those $100 gift cards , totaling that one $100 gc to $1000. Or do they send me a GC that totals my amount.

One of the gift cards would have a new balance of $1000 if you transfer all of the cards to that one.

Ok gotcha . Thats what I figured. I haven't done it yet. Is there a limit on the amount you can transfer to one card

Here's a silly question... can you "reload" an empty gift card? I have one of the construction themed cards fro CBR last year. I'd love to be able to put money on it & use it again. Thanks!

Here's a silly question... can you "reload" an empty gift card? I have one of the construction themed cards fro CBR last year. I'd love to be able to put money on it & use it again. Thanks!

I don't think you can do it in stores, but if you have another Disney gift card you can transfer that to it most likely. I hang onto some different images to make them easy to identify and then just transfer the value of the new cards onto the old one. If you can add it to the giftcard site you probably can do the transfer.

Yes. I have some old food and wine gift cards with wristbands and I reload (using the website) and reuse those.

I don't think you can do it in stores, but if you have another Disney gift card you can transfer that to it most likely. I hang onto some different images to make them easy to identify and then just transfer the value of the new cards onto the old one. If you can add it to the giftcard site you probably can do the transfer.

Yes. I have some old food and wine gift cards with wristbands and I reload (using the website) and reuse those.

Thank you both! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter