• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

trying to get ADRs, is it still this HARD!??

chimoe

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone, We are planning our trip to WDW for this mid-May.

I remember last time we went in 2019 getting ADRs was a hectic process! I'm surprised now i'm trying to book some ADRs like BOG, Oga's, CM and even Kona for breakfast is sold out? Is it going to be impossible to get these ADRs? Or do I have to do the daily refresh. What's the experience been like getting ADRs after they are booked up?

Well, since some places still haven't opened there is more demand for what is open. Plus I guess they have tables more spaced out so less capacity. We have been twice during covid and going again end of the month and have had trouble with certain places...booking ADRs. But when there...we had little issue with walking up.

I would say, be flexible, and snag a few of the ADRs that you really want. The websites (two different ADR pages, search for a date for a restaurant and search for open dates for multiple restaurants), along with the MDE app, sometimes show different reservations being available, and sometimes erroring out when you try to get them, or even display them.

I was able to snag most of my ADRs for our upcoming June trip, by grabbing what I really wanted, even if the timing wasn't perfect; I was then later able to keep checking back and "grabbing" better times through the MDE web page's "change reservation" button(s).

My final list is NOT the same as the list I had mapped out before hand (wish list), but looking back at it now, it's just fine, and actually I like it BETTER than my initial list.

And yes, I will probably stay up until 2am PST tonight to try to snag an Oga's for one of our last days, even though it isn't a must have for our party, it would still be fun.

Take care and have a great trip!

It has gotten progressively harder every trip since covid (for reference, we’ve been plenty pre covid and then September, Thanksgiving, Christmas, now). More people are traveling and dining in restaurants, yet Disney hasn’t really opened more dining. I’ll say that I’ve been stalking ADRs as we got closer to our trip, and lots more are popping up the day before. It stinks to not have a plan until the last minute, but keep trying!

I checked every day for our April trip and had different hard to find places pop up including Ogas so just keep checking. 24-48 hours before works well too for those last minute cancellations

I have been watching for more reservations since they extended the hours for the week of April 18 on April 1 and still nothing. I would have thought they would have added more availability 4-5 days after extending the hours.

I had a little more trouble getting ADRs for our April trip, but started at the 60 day mark as early as I could and got all the restaurants and close to the times we wanted.
Since then have stalked and used touringplans reservation finder to move the ADRs to where we ideally wanted them.
Keep in mind that hours also change and then new times become available, but they disappear quickly.
I saw in the morning that hours for our week were extended. I had time over lunch to check and it looked like the extra hours were already booked.

I just did mine for our June trip this morning. I didn't have too many issues. Fairly flexible with times and was able to get most of what I wanted. Cant seem to snag a Chef Mickeys breakfast though.

Like PP I took what I could get and kept trading for the optimal time. Topolino’s at 11:30 to 9am didn’t happen until the day before. Chef Mickey’s never had an opening pop up(we had Topolino’s so I was ok with that). Disney Springs last week was ALL booked for dinner every night. You can try through Open Table for those. We only did resort so I’m no help for parks ADR. But compared to pre-pandemic it definitely was much harder.

I just wanted to give some hope regarding reservations, since I was worried going into by booking window. My window opened up today for a trip 6/5 - 6/9 and I was on at 6AM and was able to book the following: Topolinos for a 5:50PM dinner (2 people), Homecoming brunch at 10:15AM (3 people); Boathouse at 7:30PM (2 people), Wave at 11:45AM (2 people), and California Grill at 7:25PM (2 people). We prefer to eat later in the evening so I wanted a later time for Topolinos, but I could book a 7:25PM a different night which I did as a back up. Overall I was super happy. Now I get to do it all over in a few days for the remainder of our trip (split stays :)). Luckily I only need a few for that half of the trip (Narcoossees, Sanaa, Jaleo) since I booked the rest on Open Table. Good luck to anyone else with upcoming dates!

My window opened today. While the site kept timing out on my phone and laptop I managed to get everything I wanted about the time I wanted them. This is a first for me. Usually I have to use a reservation finder to get a lot of the ADRs I want. Go figure I get everything first try during COVID.

My window opened today. While the site kept timing out on my phone and laptop I managed to get everything I wanted about the time I wanted them. This is a first for me. Usually I have to use a reservation finder to get a lot of the ADRs I want. Go figure I get everything first try during COVID.
I had lots of issues with the site yesterday too. Very slow. Timed out occasionally. For a while it wouldn't find any reservation times for anything.

glad you got what you wanted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter